Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Prostate meds

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Anyone have experience with Uroxatral? Im about to go on some and wondered what kind of sides i can expect. Being able to pee would be a good one.

D

dogsoldier

Oct 27, 2010
It works by relaxing the muscles around the prostate and bladder neck to make things go easier. I will warn you that it can lower your blood pressure leaving you feeling dizzy. I almost passed out a couple times when taking it. Give it a try and watch for dizziness. IMHO, it is not the best drug out there for BPH.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
May also cause retrograde ejaculation, if that is an issue for you same as flowmax etc

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
It works by relaxing the muscles around the prostate and bladder neck to make things go easier. I will warn you that it can lower your blood pressure leaving you feeling dizzy. I almost passed out a couple times when taking it. Give it a try and watch for dizziness. IMHO, it is not the best drug out there for BPH.
I was worried about the dizzy thing. Instructions said to take it at night because of that. I guess we shall see

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
May also cause retrograde ejaculation, if that is an issue for you same as flowmax etc
There was another drug they named, dont remember what, but they said it would do that. They didnt say the uroxatral would do that. I hope not.

Geriatrix

Geriatrix

Aug 22, 2012
I'm 65, and have an enlarged prostrate .
I've had all the tests, in 2015, camera up the star fish , biopsy etc, all negative and innocent .
I take a prescribed 5mg Tamsolusin pill at night, and its doing the job, pee normally and all is good.
My regular blood tests show no abnormality.
I've not noticed any problems with sex, still enjoy active sex with a few girl friends .
The only thing, they don't warn you, a strong coffee at night will negate the effect of the pill, and you'll spend a lot of time pissing half a cup full at a time during the night. No coffee before bed, maybe just one long pee during the night .
Living in Spain is definitely stress free , good for me in every way, lots of cycling and Motor Cycle riding.
Maybe I'm just fortunate .

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm. My prostate is also somewhat prostrate, and I am also on Tamsulosin. I recognize that you are across the pond from my Yankee ass and some differences may exist, but are you sure about that drug dosage? My scripted version is less than 1/10 of yours @ .4mg. Don't know about the rest of America, but in my case at least the unpleasant diagnostic work was done up the pee tube instead of your shit shute experience ... maybe it all depends on the doctor's "likes" and dislikes in his personal life, dunno.

Saw your post in the Sarcoidosis thread as well; hope you will post more frequently here ..........

Geriatrix

Geriatrix

Aug 22, 2012
Saw your post in the Sarcoidosis thread as well; hope you will post more frequently here ..........

I've changed my location , moved over the Spain 4 years ago , better weather and far better for my health.

Not really a body builder, however have always had huge respect for the work and dedication to get big.

Gary Strydom was a few years below me at school ....

However 40 years of racing mostly motor cycles and a bit of cycle racing has amounted to a lot of damage to my body.

40 broken bones

3 ligaments replaced in right knee, carbon fibre ribbon and titanium screws, my knee works pretty good.

I'm 65 now, and still reasonably able to do most things.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Gary Strydom brings back memories. His career trajectory seemed to be pointing him to a possible Mr O title during or after Lee Haney got done owning it, but he went over to "wrestling" promotor Vince McMahon's new rival BB federation and things went south. Belongs in any BB conversation however.

I had only seen 2 of your posts when I said that thing about hoping you post more. Just found your complete (so far?) body of work here to figure out your "not really a bodybuilder" comment; please do post more often.

Lmao @ your reference to Mrs. Palmer, I have met her but never knew her name.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I am not answering your question but it is relevant:

I am taking pycogenol and saw palmetto leaf to battle my own prostate issues and they work great.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic