Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Advice for getting started

A

Alyssa

Oct 23, 2017
I need help beginning my work out. I'm unhappy with my body especially around the glute and leg areas. I carry my fat in my butt, hips, and thighs. I want to work out to get a toned body but everytime I start i just notice I just slim down, however I really wanna build muscle, not get smaller, advice???

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Focus on big, multi joint lifts ie. deadlifts, squats, OHP, etc. Also, be sure you're eating b/c you build your body outside the gym and not in it.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Keep eating the way you already are.
Lift weights.
Specifically squat and Dead Lift.
As you advance slowly add more movements. Focus on lower body work if that's your primary worry.

What's your diet Like?
What type of physical activity do you get Now?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Kind of contradicting yourself here, you slim down but don't tone? What exactly is your goal?also, this smacks of inconsistency. What do you mean by every time. This is not a temporary fix

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi Alyssa. Welcome to TID. Sounds like exactly where I was when I first started. Being unhappy with your body and doing something about it, is your first step. I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but you're probably wanting to build muscle and lose body fat. Resistance training also comes with the territory of eating right for your goals. You can workout hard in the gym but if your nutrition isn't following suit then you will probably not see the results that you really want. And another thing is, this will not happen overnight. You will have to stick with it and over the weeks if you're training smart and challenging yourself, along with eating correctly, you will see some changes. First and foremost, take pictures. You see yourself everyday that you may not see the changes until you compare side to side 4 weeks pictures, 8 week, 12 weeks. You will be amazed. Consistency is key. We are here to help you so if you're able to post more info of what you have been doing. I am sure you will get a lot of great advice.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Agree with "consistency is key"
Its not an overnight thing and takes a lot of consistency and determination. Sometimes your body changes and you don't even notice it right away.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic