What's New?

24 Week Show Prep WPD (MW 2018)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hello all.
Today, 10/19/17, begins my 24 week show prep for WPD Show on 3/30/18. This is the log for my prep for the show.
Show is the NPC Midwest the weekend of 3/30/18. I want to participate in the women's physique division (masters obviously).
This will be my first official show (yikes!). I only hope that I can achieve this goal. I have the drive to do this.
My plan for this log is to start off with some stats of where I am at currently. Put my plans in this log. Check into the log to answer questions/and post updates. I think I might post an update every 4 weeks, we will see. Then I of course will post what we will change in the plan as well.

I have a hired a diet/nutrition coach and have a personal trainer as well. Diet coach just wrote out my diet for the next 4 weeks, training will remain the same and he has altered cardio slightly. I have weekly check ins with my diet coach on Sunday's. If anything significant changes, i'll probably post here LOL. Will probably post pics from time to time.

Stats:
Female, 47 yo, 5' 2.5", 171 lbs, sitting at about 27.5% BF currently, 124lbs lean muscle (accordingly to an electrical HMS thingy at a local gym LOL).

Diet:
(have some supplements i'm taking like multivitamin, etc, just not gonna list all here).

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs and 1 cup of liquid egg whites, half an avocado and 1 cup of veggies.

Lunch: 5 oz of chicken and 2 cups of greens (28 almonds or 20 cashews).

Dinner: 5 oz of salmon and half an avocado and 2 cups of veggies.

Daily Macros breakdown (according to MyFitnessPal): Calories=1,176; Fat=38%, Carbs=25%, Protein=37%.

During workout: 7-15 grams of BCAA's during workout.

Cardio: 4 times a week fasted (45 min) 130-150 BPM stairmill or incline treadmill.
My plan is to do the cardio at 5a M,W, Fr & Sa.

Training: 2 leg days; 3 upper body/per week. (3 workouts are paid sessions with a trainer; 1 workout is on my own; 1 is a workout session with trainer but not paid).
Mon: 630-8p. (Legs & one upper body part to work on)
Tu & Thur: 5-6a. (Tu: Chest/shoulders/tri's; Thu: Legs)
Sa: 6-7a. (Back and Bi's)
Su: 11-1230p. (extra upper body part to work on, lately has been either shoulders or arms)
Off days from lifting: Wed & Fri (at least for now as this is how my schedule works right now).

Support system is in place (aka hubs and friends); we are ready to roll.
Appreciate some support from TID here, and thank you in advance for all of it!

Happy Lifting Y'all!

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
So excited for you Bova! WPD is right up my alley! I'm here as one of your TID supporters!

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
How was your weekend? Do anything exciting?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Will be watching this log. You're going to learn so much through this process! Best of luck.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@fit_dynamite hi there! I worked out this weekend, that was fun. I got to work out right alongside my trainer on Sunday and that's really exciting for me! I get to pay her back and yell at her LOL. Then food prep yesterday. It was a low key weekend for me, which is fine. I have a few busy ones coming up. So i enjoy relaxing. Also Fri called in sick to work, had a major sinus headache/probably sinus infection.

@tommyguns2 Thank you so much!

I was viewing Dani Reardon's youtube vids (aka lil monstar) all weekend. She is a lil beast!

Food prep day was yesterday. Loaded smoker with salmon and chick breasts; steamed broccoli and blanched some french style green beans (I like the littler beans).

Weighed in yesterday at 166lbs. Lost 6lbs since last week.

Took measurements now that I have ended a short NPP cycle:
9/11:
Waist: 36"
Right calf: 14.5"
Left calf: 14"
R thigh: 22"
L thigh: 21.5"
Bust: 39"
R bicep: 13.5" (unflexed); 13.75" (flexed)
L bicep: 13.25" (unflexed); 13.75" (flexed)
Hips: 39"

10/22:
Waist: 36"
Right calf: 15"
Left calf: 14.24"
R thigh: 22.25"
L thigh: 22"
R bicep: 13.75" (unflexed); 14" (flexed)
L bicep: 13.5" (unflexed); 14" (flexed)
Hips: 40.25"

Will keep these here, so that I can take another couple measurements. Probably at 12 weeks, then again the week of the contest maybe. We'll see.

I'll probably post up some pics as progress goes along. I'll be taking pics every other week.

Workouts this weekend:
Sat: Cardio & Back
Sun: Shoulders

(will post up my workout routine later, as i forgot to bring my log book to work today to type it all in here).

Happy Lifting y'all!

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hey! Hows the sinus's feeling? haha Thats awesome the tables turned with your trainer!

I've watched a few videos of Dani. She is a powerhouse!

Great progress! You went up on all your numbers but waist stayed the same! Thats awesome! Thank your nutrition for that! Yeehaw! Can't wait to see you posting pics and seeing your progress. So excited to follow you along on your journey to the Stage!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey! Hows the sinus's feeling? haha Thats awesome the tables turned with your trainer!

Great progress! You went up on all your numbers but waist stayed the same! Thats awesome! Thank your nutrition for that! Yeehaw! Can't wait to see you posting pics and seeing your progress. So excited to follow you along on your journey to the Stage!

Thanks @fit_dynamite . Actually last night when i left work, i went straight home. Had another headache, bad one. I usually get one or two bad ones around "that time of month", and I suspect it is about to start. So it is either related to that, or it is the "keto flu" that I am experiencing. I've also put me under some stress as i'm studying for the PMP test and this is a monster exam and i'm really nervous about it.

10/24 5a workout this morning:
chest and back

Giant Set:
-Bench press flat: 85lbs/20reps; 105lbs/15reps; 105lbs/12reps
-Low cable rows/close grip: 80#/30reps; 100#/16reps; 120#/15reps (last set was a drop set)
-Abs: leg raises, lying on flat bench and pushing up on the raise part-20reps

SuperSet:
-Close grip cable pull downs: 100#/15reps; 110#/12reps; [120#/10reps; 100#/6reps; 80#/6reps ] (last set was a drop set)
-Push ups - body weight 18 reps/13 reps/15 reps

SuperSet:
-Dumbell deadlifts: 45#/15reps; 50#/15reps; 55#/12reps
(with a pull back at the top)
-Smith machine incline bench press: 65#/15reps; 85#/12reps; 85#/12reps

Weekend work outs:
Sun (Shoulders):

-Smith machine seated military press-65#:
10reps slow on negative/10reps fast
10reps fast/10 reps slow on negative
10reps slow on negative/10reps fast
10reps fast/10 reps slow on negative

Superset (x4):
-Single arm db lateral raises: 20#; 15 reps
-Standing db lateral swinging arm raises: 50#; 45#; 35#; 30#; 15reps

Giant Set (x4):
-Bent over db rear delt raises: 15#; 15reps
-Standing cable rear delt ropes: 40#; 12reps
-Rear delt flyes on the pec deck machine: 80#; 90#; 15reps

Sat (back):

SuperSet (x3):
-Close grip pull downs: 80#/12reps; 100#/12reps; 110#/12reps
-Close grip cable rows: 80#/12reps; 100#/12reps; 110#/12reps

SuperSet (x4):
-Dumbell deadlifts: 45#/15reps; 45#/15reps; 45#/12reps
(with a pull back at the top)
-Hyperextensions (BW) 15reps

SuperSet (x3):
-Db bent over rows: 30#/12reps
-Standing cable straight arm push downs: 70#/18reps; 80#/15reps; 90#/12 reps

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Yea that will do it to us. Stress, monthly friend....I hope its getting better tho.

Thats a great last few sessions! What is your favorite body part to train?

Have you started practicing posing yet? What about options of music for your routine? Maybe too early to think about it? The routine was one of my fav part of competing. So much fun!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@fit_dynamite Yes, doing much better, thanks.

My fav bodypart to train: Probably arms or legs.

I have not started practicing and I know I should. But I want to be instructed properly. So I know i'm going to hire a posing coach, just not sure which one. My coach's girlfriend is a posing coach, but I also know of a local person that is an IFBB judge, owns a gym, has gone to Olympia several times to compete-i think she got 4th at one point. So with her vast experiences, I want to hire her just because she would be more experienced. So I have not decided yet, but I know i need to soon. i'm not experienced on stage so i need to work on my posing. You wanna skype??!! LOL. Are you for hire? LOL

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
@fit_dynamite Yes, doing much better, thanks.

My fav bodypart to train: Probably arms or legs.

I have not started practicing and I know I should. But I want to be instructed properly. So I know i'm going to hire a posing coach, just not sure which one. My coach's girlfriend is a posing coach, but I also know of a local person that is an IFBB judge, owns a gym, has gone to Olympia several times to compete-i think she got 4th at one point. So with her vast experiences, I want to hire her just because she would be more experienced. So I have not decided yet, but I know i need to soon. i'm not experienced on stage so i need to work on my posing. You wanna skype??!! LOL. Are you for hire? LOL

I do Skype but I've been so busy that I kind of backed (skyping) away from it just a bit. Being that it is your first time, I highly suggest someone in person. I wish so bad that I could just fly to you and coach you. As that is really my passion, assisting competitors even though I have also cut back on competitive athletes. I do still help out some of my gym buddies. My other suggestion is familiarizing yourself with all of the poses. At least knowing what poses they are. Once you do get some coaching, your coach will assist you in your mandatories and 1/4 turns. Then from there you can find ways of being creative with your poses that you could incorporate into your routine. I'll be here if you have any questions!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
10/25: 45 mins, fasted cardio on stepmill.

10/26: Leg Day
Warm up on bike. Ate 2 pickles LOL.

Superset (x3):
-Lying hamstring curls 2/45# plates @ 15reps.
-Leg extensions 2/45# plates @ 15 reps.
[@last set: rested for 20 seconds, did 15 more reps; rested for 20 secs did 15 more reps (or tried lol)-both]

Squats (x4): 135#, 15reps - deep with 2 second holds at the bottom.

Goblet Squats (x3): Holding 50# db; 15 reps - deep.

Save your buddy:
My trainer trains 2 of us at the same time, some times. So one was doing walking lunges holding a 25# db; while the other person was doing a wall sit. Did this 2 x's.

OTHER:
Today marks a full week on my diet. Things are going well. I admitted to having 4 pistachios this past weekend. They were at my house and on the table and available. These are not on my diet. But i haven't had any since. I have no idea why i ate them either. Gotta get my head in the game LOL.

11/16 will be 4 weeks on the diet, and we will see what to switch up from there. What i'm hoping is that i'm working my ass off and hoping my coach will grant me a cheat or increase carbs on one day or I don't know what. So I will remain consistent and adhere to the plan set forth so I can make some gains and HOPEFULLY be rewarded by the coach! LOL
I've been studying the poses and i'm trying them. So i'm getting familiar with them. I'll probably hire this coach here in a couple weeks. I understand that practicing poses needs to start early and often. Its the mind body connection
Took pics the other night. Cried all night LOL. I will only post them here after a good transformation LOL. No seriously, I may post one of them. Will see.
Tudca come in yesterday (ordered it online last week) so today started with 500mg/daily with bfast. Other supps i'm on: Multivitamin; Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Joint Care.

Happy Lifting Y'all!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic