Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Attn: Athletes. What are you doing to protect your body and prevent "breakdown".

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Great thread Mike!

54 / 5' 2" / 112-115 lbs I don't know my body fat% but I would consider myself lean. To be honest, I could probably diet for 4-5 weeks + cardio and step on stage and compete.

I'm a bodybuilder at heart. But would love to try PL at some point. I better get to it before I get too old. hahaha

Ideally I like to train 5x a week but now that I no longer compete I am not a stickler if I'm not able to get to the gym. So I would say 3-5x a week. My split right now is a 4-day split.

*Legs
*Back
*Glutes/Biceps
*Delts/Triceps

I hit abs and calves once a week.

Daily Supplements:

One-a-day Multi Vit
Fish Oil
Vit E
Co-Q-10
Biotin
Zinc
Magnesium
Potassium
Turmeric
ZMA
Melatonin
Protein powder

My diet is pretty good for a non-competitor. I really take pride in my nutrition (since that is what I do for a living). I feel if I'm telling people what to eat, I better look the part too. lol)

I've invested in a Tempur-Pedic mattress as well and its one of the best investments I've ever made!

Skin and hair are very important to me so along with Biotin, I also take care of my skin with a great skin care routine and moisturize my muscles (hehe) and I NO LONGER lay in a tanning bed or expose myself to too much sun. I was a sun worshipper growing up in Hawaii and then of course as a competitor.

I love aromatherapy and soak every night in bubbles. Either "stress", "sleep", "focus", "relax" by Bath and Body Works. I love all their stuff. It's great for the mind and body. I also go to bed with essential oils in a diffuser and that really gets me relaxed and I rarely have insomnia anymore. It's pretty awesome stuff!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Melatonin is another one I need to get back on. I sleep so well I neglected it but I've read that its an incredible antioxidant as well. The bath thing is also great when I have time. I have an occasional Epsom's soak and should do it more often.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I love aromatherapy and soak every night in bubbles. Either "stress", "sleep", "focus", "relax" by Bath and Body Works. I love all their stuff. It's great for the mind and body. I also go to bed with essential oils in a diffuser and that really gets me relaxed and I rarely have insomnia anymore. It's pretty awesome stuff!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012

My wife has defusers in every room and even her Caddy. She says it helps me, she knows best.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
My wife has defusers in every room and even her Caddy. She says it helps me, she knows best.
That's a good woman. She does know you, maybe better than you know yourself. :D

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Oh and I forgot one more supp. Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM. I'm not too particular on what kind of glucosamine. I usually order my supps on
Puritan Pride. They have those buy 2 get 3 free all the time.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
47 yo, 166lbs, ~30%BF right now is my guess.
BBer here. (lifer lifter, but just started my first competition prep).

Weight train 4 days/week; cardio 4 days/week (step mill).

I have had a microfracture surgery in my left knee about 6 yrs ago. Basically there is no cartilage and they drilled 3 holes in my upper thigh bone to bleed out and start to grow new cartilage. I have had PRP injections in my left knee (one earlier this year), i think I need to go back. It is starting to hurt me. I have also had some other type of injections in my knee from a sports med doc, I forgot what they were. Was some kind of viscous (sp?) fluid.
Right now it is my knee that puts me down at times.
Sometimes my right shoulder aches.
Have a bone spur in my left elbow, was acting up last year, but so far (knock on you know what), its not coming back.

I see a chiropractor 1 x/week (it was 2 x's week up until this week).
Get a deep tissue massage therapy every other week.

I religiously take 3 capsules of Beverly International Joint Care, 3x's/day (with 3 meals). When I run out, and I don't have any to take, if over a day, i notice the difference!

Do have some aromatherapy thingy in the bedroom.

Wish we had a hot tub, there are times I could use a good soak and some jets on the muscles.

I am religious about watching my form on ALL moves, so as to avoid injury. I also do the first move very slow so that I have the form down, and go from there.

I wear heels to work----which is a very bad thing for legs/heels....so this is something I am doing that just devoids all of the above LOL. But i'm a girl and well, enuff said right.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
49/5'10"/210, around 15% I think.

I started powerlifting around 2010(?) I lost around 160 pounds in 2014 when I kicked my then wife out. Since then added aesthetic lifts and worked on fat loss (240 I think in 2010).

2-3x a week I will do squat, bench, and DL/Pendlay row alternating between 5 sets, 1 set, or 3 sets (a f'd up Texas Method)
2-3x a week I will do arms, shoulders, calves (also do unweighted calf raises watching tv when I remember. I am cursed with small calves)
I try (sort of) to get cardio in at least 30 mins 2x a week. Elliptical mostly.

I'm lucky to have an olympic weight set, squat/bench rack, and iron dumbbells, and old elliptical in my basement (hence dungeon) (though my ceiling is like 6'6"). I work out alone. Once in a blue moon I'll hit the high school gym.

I'm on doctor prescribed TRT for a decade and have "enhanced" it from time to time over the last year (extra test, Var, Winnie). Concentrated more on fat loss with phent and ephedrine.

I take a multivitamin, Losartan for blood pressure (it was borderline prior), simvastatin (I had high cholesterol, probably genetic), CoQ10, baby aspririn in the morning. Fish oil, Vitamin D, an antixodant pill in the evening. I sleep with a CPAP.

I drink lots of water. I try to get lots of protein and sleep. I used to foam roll and stretch... used to.

Late July I developed severe elbow tendinitis in my right arm. I took a week off then started back and avoided anything that hurt. Eventually I was able to start adding things with light load but it was still uncomfortable. Reading about Rippetoe's pin firing ideas I've done some higher rep/low weight exercises as I still am healing. Its progressing... slowly. I can do all the lifts again but my bench and DL are unimpressive. I considered trying IGF 1LR3.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good thread!

I’m gonna give MK677 a run at a low dose. First time trying it. Read a lot of good reviews. The only downside sounds like it’s water retention. I’m hoping at a low dose of 12.5mg reduces that side.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good thread!

I’m gonna give MK677 a run at a low dose. First time trying it. Read a lot of good reviews. The only downside sounds like it’s water retention. I’m hoping at a low dose of 12.5mg reduces that side.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
44/5'6 235
strongwoman for fourteen years. Fuscular

Fish oil and injectable glucosamine .
Listening to my body and training smart.
Love this, never heard it before :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic