Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HGH on an empty stomach

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
Mands, I presently pin GH every day first thing in the morning. I then train in a fasted state, and don't eat my first meal until at least 3 hours after pinning the GH.

In the past I thought pinning in the morning was better to avoid suppression of whatever GH I'm still making in my system during my sleep (which now appears to not be the case from the discussion above). If I were to move my pinning protocol to right before bed (I pin about 3 IUs/day), would I expect to see any different results, other than perhaps less lethargy during the day?
That's interesting. In for the answer. I've recently read someone claiming that pinning once vs multiple times during the day makes little to no difference.
Can I ask you how do you like it so far?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've n pinning once a day for the last few years. I like what GH does. I do hold several pounds of water, but I don't mind it. I'm not bloated, or look bloated. I'm not running a high enough dose to get significant anabolic benefit. But the GH does give me great muscle fullness, and I can notice it in my physique. You'll get much more bang for your buck with test, but it's a nice finisher, and good for us old farts.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
I meant taking it post workout instead of pre. I understand that a natural GH pulse is released after workout so I would wait for 30 minutes before shooting the exogenous GH.
I've tried to take GH and Slin pre workout in the past (15 minutes apart) and I felt like the one was suppressing the effect of the other. Neither any tytpical GH sides at 10IU nor any hypo sympthom from the slin (I tried taking almost zero carbs in the hope to feel it but nope). I am not diabetic and I was using pharmacy Humalog.
For the next time I'm trying to plan it the most effective way possible to get the best out of GH, Slin and IGF combo, so I was even thinking of training in the AM, shoot GH, train after few hours in the PM and shoot slin. IGF? Still have to figure where to locate it in my day.
I really appreciate your advice bro
I believe it will be more beneficial pre than post. My reason for that is what I was stating above about satellite cell proliferation. That process takes a little time and I see great benefits pre vs. post.

Here is a little read about cell proliferation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17213900

I say stay away from exogenous IGF-1 or analogs. I would still shoot your GH pre training with Slin and intra workout meal.

How many iu's of GH were you taking with your slin?
Mands, I presently pin GH every day first thing in the morning. I then train in a fasted state, and don't eat my first meal until at least 3 hours after pinning the GH.

In the past I thought pinning in the morning was better to avoid suppression of whatever GH I'm still making in my system during my sleep (which now appears to not be the case from the discussion above). If I were to move my pinning protocol to right before bed (I pin about 3 IUs/day), would I expect to see any different results, other than perhaps less lethargy during the day?
First let me say when I use the term "fasted" I use it very loosely.

What type of training do you do? And why are you training in a fasted state? Not sure if you know but, to be in a completely fasted state you should probably be rid of food for at least 24 hours. There is such a state called the postabsorptive state and happens around the 6 hour mark after your last foods are consumed.

I am not going to get in a huge debate but there is no benefit of doing cardio/training in a fasted state but I haven't seen any scientific evidence that it's superior than fed state. Actually I have seen the opposite as a fasted state can decrease post exercise oxygen consumption. This is what we get after we train to burn calories. Actually eating before training increases it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4242477/

But, I do think hitting your dose at night will help with the lethargy and other normal metabolite patterns.

mands

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
That's interesting. In for the answer. I've recently read someone claiming that pinning once vs multiple times during the day makes little to no difference.
Can I ask you how do you like it so far?
Actually one bolus dose of the same quantity will yield higher IGF-1 levels and reach those levels faster than splitting your doses. But, that doesn't mean it's any better :)

Actually running GH solely over 6 iu's a day it's better to split the doses up to maximize lipolysis effects.

mands

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I believe it will be more beneficial pre than post. My reason for that is what I was stating above about satellite cell proliferation. That process takes a little time and I see great benefits pre vs. post.

I say stay away from exogenous IGF-1 or analogs. I would still shoot your GH pre training with Slin and intra workout meal.

First let me say when I use the term "fasted" I use it very loosely.

What type of training do you do? And why are you training in a fasted state? Not sure if you know but, to be in a completely fasted state you should probably be rid of food for at least 24 hours. There is such a state called the postabsorptive state and happens around the 6 hour mark after your last foods are consumed.

I am not going to get in a huge debate but there is no benefit of doing cardio/training in a fasted state but I haven't seen any scientific evidence that it's superior than fed state. Actually I have seen the opposite as a fasted state can decrease post exercise oxygen consumption. This is what we get after we train to burn calories. Actually eating before training increases it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4242477/

But, I do think hitting your dose at night will help with the lethargy and other normal metabolite patterns.

mands

Very helpful! Thanks Mands. I presently do more cardio than weight training. I had some partial tears going heavy about 1.5-2 years ago, and have switched over to more circuit, high volume weight training. Have kept a good amount of my size, and have tried to keep my bodyfat down below 12%. I'm 5'10", at about 240-245 at 12% now, and would like to get down to about 225-230 and <10%.

Regarding "fasting", I don't eat anything past about 10pm, and I pin my GH at about 5am, and then workout and eat first meal at about 8-8:30am. Not really doing this intentionally, but rather this schedule has been convenient for me, and I can stay consistent. I certainly could move my GH to the evening before bed, and then put down a protein drink in the early AM before I hit the gym.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017

mands

10IU preworkout. Same for the slin, 3 times x week

Actually one bolus dose of the same quantity will yield higher IGF-1 levels and reach those levels faster than splitting your doses. But, that doesn't mean it's any better :)

Actually running GH solely over 6 iu's a day it's better to split the doses up to maximize lipolysis effects.

mands

Thanks. That sounds the most logical thing to do.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Very helpful! Thanks Mands. I presently do more cardio than weight training. I had some partial tears going heavy about 1.5-2 years ago, and have switched over to more circuit, high volume weight training. Have kept a good amount of my size, and have tried to keep my bodyfat down below 12%. I'm 5'10", at about 240-245 at 12% now, and would like to get down to about 225-230 and <10%.

Regarding "fasting", I don't eat anything past about 10pm, and I pin my GH at about 5am, and then workout and eat first meal at about 8-8:30am. Not really doing this intentionally, but rather this schedule has been convenient for me, and I can stay consistent. I certainly could move my GH to the evening before bed, and then put down a protein drink in the early AM before I hit the gym.
I was wondering if it was something like that. I think I remember you posting that a while back. Sounds like you are doing good and probably looking better than ever.

I think that sounds like a good plan. I would like to hear how you feel after the change. Keep me posted please.

mands

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I was wondering if it was something like that. I think I remember you posting that a while back. Sounds like you are doing good and probably looking better than ever.

I think that sounds like a good plan. I would like to hear how you feel after the change. Keep me posted please.

mands

Will do! Sometimes I think it's valuable to change just one thing at a time, to get a better understanding of how that works. Sometimes people will change 3 or 4 different things all at the same time, and then they aren't sure what is dong what, or whether anything is being synergistic, etc.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
10IU preworkout. Same for the slin, 3 times x week

Thanks. That sounds the most logical thing to do.
I would actually lower the dose of your GH pre or post workout to no more than 4 iu's. Keep your insulin up around what you are doing and see how that feels. I think you will have better success and luck. It's worth a try :)

mands

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Will do! Sometimes I think it's valuable to change just one thing at a time, to get a better understanding of how that works. Sometimes people will change 3 or 4 different things all at the same time, and then they aren't sure what is dong what, or whether anything is being synergistic, etc.
Exactly correct! I also believe when introducing anything new always start low and increase as needed. Have a good day man.

mands

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
Word. I always add 1 thing at a time. Even with supplements

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I would actually lower the dose of your GH pre or post workout to no more than 4 iu's. Keep your insulin up around what you are doing and see how that feels. I think you will have better success and luck. It's worth a try :)

mands
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. No more than 5IU per shot ever again.
Thank mands, I really appreciate your advice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic