Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HCM issues

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
FYI...as some of you know...I have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy....and take meds to control blood pressure. I have been dieting and getting ready to compete for the last 20 weeks and last week during my squatting session I collapsed and had to be rushed back to hospital. I seemed to have a spike in blood pressure (due to supps) with combo of intense training caused me to have another episode.

I have to go back and do a couple more echo's and explain again to my Dr...why I doing a show again when she pretty much said for me to stop it...but anyways....Just letting everyone know...I am back and will catch up with everyone this week.

Mags

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Scary shit dude, what is your explanation btw, it may be a good learning lesson for me for when I do something my wife tells me not to ;)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Scary shit dude, what is your explanation btw, it may be a good learning lesson for me for when I do something my wife tells me not to ;)

This. Only a few of us feel a need to explain things to LK's wife, but maybe more than a few will be interested in "Dealing With Your Doctor 101A."

Meanwhile, best wishes on straddling the 2 goals of staying healthy AND being the best you can be on the stage or platform.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone heard from LM? Hope he is doing okay.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Where is our dude at? I hope he is well

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
back to work...doing better and had another echo and dr said my heart is enlarged more than previous visit. 11 mm on left side wall. could be a candidate for a pace maker BUT she wants to see me again in 6 weeks after they change my meds. I have to a few consults with others and have to change a few things...
she said I need to eliminate stress...lol ok...sure

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
back to work...doing better and had another echo and dr said my heart is enlarged more than previous visit. 11 mm on left side wall. could be a candidate for a pace maker BUT she wants to see me again in 6 weeks after they change my meds. I have to a few consults with others and have to change a few things...
she said I need to eliminate stress...lol ok...sure
Good to hear you are doing alright brother... did you stop your show prep or make some health-promoting tweaks to your protocol and training ?

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Good to hear you are doing alright brother... did you stop your show prep or make some health-promoting tweaks to your protocol and training ?
At this time...no show prep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic