Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

2nd full power meet yesterday.

S

snakeman

Apr 8, 2017
So I completed my 2nd meet yesterday. Learned a few good things to no do during my next prep...
1. Eat a little cleaner for a few weeks so I'm not starting in the hole for my water cut.
2. Follow water cut protocol better so your not chasing nutrients after weigh in (I took Lasix for the last 2lb cut, it just didn't wanna come off).
3. Don't get the shits the day of the meet (self explanatory)

I competed in the 181lb class and ended with 505/385/520 totaling 1410. I won the weight class but I wanted a Arnold qualifying total, maybe next time.
My last meet I ended 500/400/470 totaling 1370. I guess I'm going in the right direction for the most part. Idk wat happened with my bench though. Setup maybe wasn't on point, the bar wanted to spin on me and after correcting I just didn't have it in me to lock out 2nd and 3rd attempts....damn it!

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
First off congrats man! Solid numbers particularly for just meet number two. I am no authority on water cutting and you will probably get better advice but it can't hurt to have another view point. Some of this is going to be obvious but it needs to be stated. Also, inevitability someone will be an exception or at least claim to be.

Anyway, cutting water is going to hurt performance and is difficult to replicate every time. Most of the recreational guys I lift with prefer to get lean early on and gain weight into competition. But if you have to we prefer to take hot baths the night before. The less time spent dehydrated the better.

All in all a good day my brother!

Hawk

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Solid performance! I'm in 181 class too and you got me by almost 3hundo,very nice total

J

jrsgym

Feb 9, 2016
Yeah, congrats. Nice total! Keep up the good work. And obvioulsy, do whatever works for you to stay hydrated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic