Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Largest Hospital System In N.Y. Drops Obamacare Plans Citing Major Losses

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
It also says nothing about running the air space. What do you think will happen if these tools privatize the governing of our airspace and take it out of the hands of the FAA?

I'm sure there are some amendments to what you posted.

I think it's a great idea to privatize the FAA.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I think it's a great idea to privatize the FAA.
Why?

Before you answer, think of the repercussions general aviation will feel if the major airlines are allowed to govern who goes where and when.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Why does someone have to govern that?

If you want to control landing and takeoff, let state and local do that. County airports controlled by county air traffic controllers. Private airports by private air traffic controllers.

This idea that Big Brother needs to oversee everything is dumb. The closer the decisions are made to home the better.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Why?

Before you answer, think of the repercussions general aviation will feel if the major airlines are allowed to govern who goes where and when.

so you think private companies won't compete for the best service for their customers? i think not. if one company won't go somewhere another one will.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The government does need some involvement with healthcare, otherwise there would be no regulations such as licensing and medication testing.

The government has little involvement in licensing and maintaining licensing. It's actually the medical board that does that. The DEA does have control over controlled substances and its prescribing, but it's not doing an awesome job at it. For instance, my wife just had a patient two days ago that has been on methodone for 30 years and is taking a dose of 180mg per day. That is an insane dose, as well as an insane amount of time to be on it. Methodone is used as a treatment plan for heroin addicts that should only take a couple/few months, not 30 fracking years.

This is not an uncommon occurrence either. We see seekers and abusers all over the place, as well as physicians enabling it.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
so you think private companies won't compete for the best service for their customers? i think not. if one company won't go somewhere another one will.
General aviation. General aviation. Say it with me, "General aviation."

http://www.gajsc.org/general-aviation/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ghrMA4&usg=AFQjCNHnFRGj61aI7xy82U-raCEsRY-nmw

From your comment, it sounds like you just want to argue for the broad paintbrush of "no government throughout," without knowing the implications of what "no government throughout" will do. Please do some research before making broad assessments. Sorry to sound crass, but I'm a pilot and have a dog in the fight. Here's a couple links to get you started:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2017/july/12/get-the-facts-about-atc-privatization

http://www.flyingmag.com/aviation-g...e-opposition-to-houses-atc-privatization-push

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Why does someone have to govern that?

If you want to control landing and takeoff, let state and local do that. County airports controlled by county air traffic controllers. Private airports by private air traffic controllers.

This idea that Big Brother needs to oversee everything is dumb. The closer the decisions are made to home the better.
It's way more complex than that. It's not just one guy sitting in a tower telling pilots to take-off and land. You'd be surprised how intricate and complex it is.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
The government has little involvement in licensing and maintaining licensing. It's actually the medical board that does that. The DEA does have control over controlled substances and its prescribing, but it's not doing an awesome job at it. For instance, my wife just had a patient two days ago that has been on methodone for 30 years and is taking a dose of 180mg per day. That is an insane dose, as well as an insane amount of time to be on it. Methodone is used as a treatment plan for heroin addicts that should only take a couple/few months, not 30 fracking years.

This is not an uncommon occurrence either. We see seekers and abusers all over the place, as well as physicians enabling it.
Is the medical board private or public?

I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done with abuse of medication. Something should be done about lobbying, which is a big issue with everything. I think the FDA needs to be two separate entities. The organization itself is an oxymoron.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Is the medical board private or public?

I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done with abuse of medication. Something should be done about lobbying, which is a big issue with everything. I think the FDA needs to be two separate entities. The organization itself is an oxymoron.
In my state the medical licensing board is under the Dept of Public Health. I think that's fairly typical state to state.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I dislike the fact that pilots have to fly to the next radar point instead of flying a direct route due to the radar infrastructure being prehistoric. Airlines or the FAA should have updated the system years ago. It would save consumers time, airlines save in not wasting fuel....Then again thats too simple of a solution....

It's way more complex than that. It's not just one guy sitting in a tower telling pilots to take-off and land. You'd be surprised how intricate and complex it is.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010

I dislike the fact that pilots have to fly to the next radar point instead of flying a direct route due to the radar infrastructure being prehistoric. Airlines or the FAA should have updated the system years ago. It would save consumers time, airlines save in not wasting fuel....Then again thats too simple of a solution....

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Im unsure of your comment, because you can fly a direct route to an airfield. They do have established routes that make it easier to navigate (between VOR's) but you don't have to use them.

If you're referring to the "hub-and-spoke," or "point-to-point" system, that's an airlines choice, for logistic purposes. Most airlines fly hub-and-spoke (move the people to one central location, then disperse them from there). Southwest is an airline that flies point-to-point. They don't have central hubs, except for maintenance purposes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic