Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Fraud

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I know this is of no help now... but i recommend placing transaction alerts on ur accounts. I get instant alerts of all transactions! It helps early detection of shit going south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I do in my cards. Any purchase over $100, I get a notification to approve before it goes through completely.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Contact your local newspapaer, tv people.....Banks hate when this stuff hits the news and will be more likely to talk and remedy the situation.

If u are near a big city the local tv station may have an investigation unit, they will do all the work for u to get the funds back....

PISSES ME OFF that I forgot to mention FD's excellent advice. Local media can, and sometimes will, do a lot of the work for you, with no charge. It is in THEIR interests to create local stories that indicate THEY are all for their local audiences, and they can leverage their feet in the proper doors with less resistance than your feet. No guarantees in life, but THIS is a free possibility you should try.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Man, brother, I'm sorry. It's bullshit. Hound the bank. Like many have said, they are insured. This obviously was not your gal's fault. Thieves frickin suck! There is a special place in Hell where for someone who can steal from others and fraudulently take their hard earned money.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man, brother, I'm sorry. It's bullshit. Hound the bank. Like many have said, they are insured. This obviously was not your gal's fault. Thieves frickin suck! There is a special place in Hell where for someone who can steal from others and fraudulently take their hard earned money.

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. I agree with you on the thieves. I'm trying to have good hopes in it all.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That's fucking awful and good luck to her. I avoid/ prevent these things by just not having money at all.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
She got her checking reimbursed for what was lost but still not the savings yet. And they are still investigating the new credit cards that were opened and maxed. Glad she's gotten something back so far.

J

JDog

Apr 25, 2017
Something similar happened to my wife about a year ago. Make sure you get a copy of the police report. Our local PD said it happens so often they don't even waste time on a formal report. I had to stick to my guns and left with a formal report. Good thing, that report hurried the fraud investigation by the bank. Fraudulent charges were reversed and all monies were credited back to our account within 30 days.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Something similar happened to my wife about a year ago. Make sure you get a copy of the police report. Our local PD said it happens so often they don't even waste time on a formal report. I had to stick to my guns and left with a formal report. Good thing, that report hurried the fraud investigation by the bank. Fraudulent charges were reversed and all monies were credited back to our account within 30 days.

THIS is what me, and I think, FD, were getting at above. It is not always in the banks' best interests to solve problems like this in the customer's favor.

If the customer just wants to mention it to the bank, and not seem interested enough to file a police report, and maybe and regretably have to MAKE SURE there IS a report that can be documented later, that gives the bank an Out, or at least an excuse to drag its feet.

Something like this happened while my father was going thru his extended dying process a few yrs back. He was out of his home and in the hospital, I was still working but checking in every day, a local crackhead checked in when I was not and stole shit. The money loss meant little to me, but it was a slap in the face of my dying father, who urged me to seek a solution from his insurance co. Without a routine, but documentable, police report, I would have gotten NOwhere with the Ins. Co.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic