Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Worthless Supplements

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thing is if you are lucky enough to find a supplement that actually does anything you better stock up on it because it won't be on the shelves long. The gov will pull that shit quickly.

Reactions: ceo
matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Whatever pre workout I can get for cheapest. Fish oil. Creatine if it's lying around and I remember.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
The only things that work for me after 33 years of BBing

Daily:
Vitamin D 10,000 IU
Psyllium Husk Capsules
Omega 3 Fish Oil Caps
Niacin 500mg upon waking with 200mg Caffeine
Vitamin K2 100mcg (Helps absorb the Vitamin D)
Nutrex Hibern8 before bed
5% Nutrition Kill It Pre-Workout (on workout days - 2 scoops)
Low Dose Aspirin before bed
Liv 52 (double recommended dosage)

Everything else for me has been a waste of money and time.

Big B

Big B

Mar 28, 2017
Bcaas/glutamine are the only supples I take. I do drink whey post and prior bed

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I don't think protein bars are worthless. They may not be the best choice but for those who don't have time to eat an actual meal or the ability to have a shake then a bar is a possible choice.

Not all of us have the time or ability to sit and eat 6 solid meals a day. You could have a job that doesn't allow you to walk around with a shaker or stop to eat a solid. Sounds crazy... it isn't. What's crazy is to not take in something... even if it's a bar.

What's your take on supplementing with aminos when you can't eat properly?...Seems like that would be better than using the protein bars...

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Not as meal replacement, no. Use protein powder or bars.

I'm not completely sold on BCAA's working, but by themselves and with no carbs in them I'm not sure they lead to protein synthesis. Maybe if you included, like, waxy maize with them? I'd have to research & experiment.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Every Day:
Multi (orange triad)
Garlic
CoQ10
Cod Liver Oil
NOW antioxidants

Often:
Creatine
Beta Alin
AAKG
Citrulian

BCAA in my morning coffee if I am in a steep calorie deficit and not On, which is rare.
I gave up on whey cause it just always makes me break out.

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Oh man, Cell-Tech. That brought back some old memories.

One of the first creatine supplements I bought after reading the articles in the bodybuilding magazines. 400% gains in a month, lol. Damn, I think I bought it at GNC too, lol. What a ripoff that one was.
LOL flashback ! Ha when I was a youngbuck I read all the magz . I recall in the classifieds a certain product called Musco MXT . I was a noob and didnt know how to use it properly , my diet wasnt tuned, I was young and dumb , but needless to say the shit didnt work for me ! lmao . The good old days .

Big B

Big B

Mar 28, 2017
What's your take on supplementing with aminos when you can't eat properly?...Seems like that would be better than using the protein bars...

I take bcaas throughout the day, everyday. You need macros, bro. Food. If can't eat food, for whatever reason, then supplement protein shakes/bars...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic