Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Taking the plunge

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
So after some back and forth with the wife I've decided to shave my head. Baldness runs in the family on both sides and my hair started thinning at around age 27-28. I tried Rogain and some other products a few years ago but honestly I'm at the fuck it point. For you guys that do shave your head is there anything I should be aware of? Any advice you would give?

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I trim it down with clippers before taking a razor to it and use a fresh razor every time. Shave against the grain. You'll be surprised how many different directions your hair grows. Be careful around the ears

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yes, ears bleed bad. I say shave with the grain first then against it to get stubble free. Take your time till you get used to it, otherwise it'll look like you used a cheese grater. Welcome to the bald side

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yes, ears bleed bad. I say shave with the grain first then against it to get stubble free. Take your time till you get used to it, otherwise it'll look like you used a cheese grater. Welcome to the bald side

Awesome...lol

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have a "Bald Eagle" electric razor (5 floating Heads) it's not quite skinhead, but it damn close and MUCH more convenient. ED it takes 5mins max just like my face.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I fear one of these days I'll be joining you unfortunately.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I've considered it as well but I stopped losing hair when I stopped being Keto. Made me rethink it and I hope my hair starts getting thicker

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I'm headed down that road as well. One last try. we'll see if this combo of minoxidil and finasteride works. If not its all coming off.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'm headed down that road as well. One last try. we'll see if this combo of minoxidil and finasteride works. If not its all coming off.

I tried a few things but it's just not worth it anymore. If I have a cap on (which is 90% of the time) I have been guessed at 28-30. The cap comes off and ppl are like "would you like the senior discount sir?" So screw it, I'm 40, the hair ain't coming back and it's just not practical to keep up the illusion of hair anymore.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I shave mine in the shower, still use shaving cream and a razor. Then any needed touch up after I'm out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic