Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

noob with some questions

S

sharlak88

Feb 2, 2017
I'ts important in hipertrophy train with you 1RM and how to calculate it?

For days of strength how much time to rest between reps?

In this moment i use frequency x2 for example Wednesday leg strength and Friday leg hypertrophy and so on Monday torso hypertrophy Thursday torso strength or with the phat pull day on Monday pull day on Thursday.

But reading a book of musculacion I found that the author recommends to train each muscle 1 day a week that is the doubt that I transfer.

It is better to train (for hypertrophy) once a week

Ex: mon: triceps / back wend: biceps / chest

Or mon: body hyper, wend: leg strength, tues: body force etc ...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Welcome to TID. Squat, pull, press. Repeat as often as possible.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
yes, dont overthink your training yet. basics and eat heavy. Learn all that gargin as you progress.
oldschool.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I trained myself for years and did not make serious gains until I hired a trainer who knows what he is doing.

I recommend you train yourself for a few years, focusing on the basics: compound exercises (squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press), learning good form (ask guys who know), and consistency in your diet and training. Once you have proven you are able to train consistently year round for 3 to 4 days per week, and to eat a consistently clean diet, then try to find a good trainer or a workout partner who knows what he is doing, who knows how to come up with good workout plans, and who will push you to the limit when needed and encourage you to deload when needed. After several years of that, you should be good to go and train yourself with the help of books and articles about different training techniques.

Rod crowley

Rod crowley

Dec 1, 2012

In this moment i use frequency x2 for example Wednesday leg strength and Friday leg hypertrophy and so on Monday torso hypertrophy Thursday torso strength or with the phat pull day on Monday pull day on Thursday.

But reading a book of musculacion I found that the author recommends to train each muscle 1 day a week that is the doubt that I transfer.

Experiment and discover what works for you.Everyone's different.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017

This is pretty dependent on what your end game is.
You say lifting for hypertrophy which would give the impression you want to life for size and aesthetics, but you may also be referring to a hypertrophy phase of a power lifting cycle.

So what is your end game? Are you into bodybuilding, powerlifting? What exactly do you want to achieve?

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Dieti plays a major role in maximizing the results. IMO more than the type of rep/set scheme that you use. You have a good diet and you wil improve.
Try all different rep/set schemes and see what works for you. I have tried everything from working out three times per day to one muscle per week. Once you hit a plateau, change it up.
Each rep/set scheme has its place in my workouts.
There are obviously preferences depending on the results.
Your 1 rep max is determined by what weight you can accomplish one time. This can be determined by either lifting the weight physically or you can estimate it based on what weight you use. Just rememeber to grow, you must increase resistance (reps or weight).
Everyone has a different distribution of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers which results in diferent results.
there are two books that I recommend... Functional training with a fork by Ronnie Rowland and Bigger, Leaner, stronger by Mike Mathews. I was impressed with Mike Mathews' book.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic