Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

255 KG Deadlift@75 kg (17 y/o) - Thoughts ?

M

Martin Wilkens

Jan 15, 2017

Went to the gym, only planned thing was to do 220x2x4. They felt easy, and i was in the end of my cycle, so i thought - why not ? This is above the current IPF Subjunior -74 kg record (Which is where i compete).

What are your thoughts on this ? Anything you think i need to work on, technique wise ?

D

Deadlift Addict

Jan 5, 2017
Try locking your legs before locking the back, reduces swing of the barbell if there is any, or prevents it from happening either way and makes you alot more stable throughout the lockout. Strong pull! Wishing you all the luck in IPF, hoping to compete there as well soon but in 84 kg.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I disagree with DA. The mechanics look good.
You can see that you have the bar a few inches off of the ground before you got back on your heels. My only suggestion would be to spend WAY less time getting amped up above the bar and spend an extra second between you grabbing the bar and you starting the pull to just pull the bar in ( think lats) and get to your heels.

So, cut the 30 seconds of setup and spend an extra one pulling the slack out of the bar and getting to your heels.

Looks solid though, good luck breaking the record.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic