Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Journey to heavy-ass lifts!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Tomorrow's lunch and mid afternoon/preworkout food will both be 2 chicken breast and a shit ton of broccoli
I echo what everyone else is saying ~ keep the greens/veges/fruits etc on the high side and look at upping your carbs as well as making sure you are consuming varied sources of healthy fats & EFA's.

Solodshot

Solodshot

Apr 28, 2014
I completely agree with MJR. If you want to bend bars and set PR's you NEED carbs.... and lots of them. You also need lots of greens.

I echo what everyone else is saying ~ keep the greens/veges/fruits etc on the high side and look at upping your carbs as well as making sure you are consuming varied sources of healthy fats & EFA's.

I've done a bit of research, talking to others and a lot of thinking. I really want to give power building a go, NOT because I want to be that "ripped guy that can kinda lift heavy" but because I genuinely wish to compete in both sports!
I'm not as naive to honestly believe that I can be BB physique and PL strength 365 days a year. But I'd very much like to keep my body fat percentage below 15%, even more so around the 10-12% mark.
I'm not afraid of cardio and a bit of HIIT, I enjoy the sport of weight lifting and I'm sure as sh!t not afraid of moving up to a 5/a week program. I just want to train to/for my goals achieve them and carry on. I'm not asking for an easy way around it, just some advice on the way.

Solodshot

Solodshot

Apr 28, 2014
Pull day
I knew today was going to take it out on me so I loaded up on them so often recommended carbs that everyone is on about lol but even then it felt a bit heavy, pushed through it though.

Deadlift

60kgs - 2 x 5
100kgs x 5
162.5- 3 x 5

Rows
80kgs - 2 x 5
60kgs x 8

Curls
10kgs - 3 x 10

SGDL
100kgs - 3 x 10

Chins
3 x 5

Obviously my chin ups F##king suck!!! Is there anything that can be done? Or is it something that I jus have to stick at until it gets better?

My last set of Deadlifts were reallllllyyy slow!

Solodshot

Solodshot

Apr 28, 2014
So it's all a bit mate but I'll update anyways, I started a new job this Monday and get even less time to get any sort of food in, but on top of that there's a hell of a ton of walking, atleast 3 mile a day.
Friday I skipped leg day cos i was really run down so had an early night.
Monday was push day -
Bench
Bar x 20-30
40kgs x 10
60kgs x 5
90Kgs x 3x5

Press
3x5 - 60kgs

Dips
3x failure

Bench
5x10 - 60kgs - paused reps

DB Bench
3x5 - 30kgs

The dips were usually weighted, but this week I decided I'd stick with just bodyweight, and didn't go any lower then 15 reps in all three sets.
My paused bench is starting to get better, I don't struggle so early on in my sets/reps. I don't personally think that I'm ready to increase the weight why but I'm no expert.

Tuesday - usually a day off but decided to do leg day as a friend was doing it and I missed it Friday so here goes.

Squat
Bar x 50
60kgs x 10
80kgs x 10
100kgs x 5x20

Leg curl
Jus the leg bar x20
35kgs x 3x15

Leg extension

45kgs x 5x20

Good god this sucked! Literally covered head to toe in sweat and tears! Was in the gym reception for about half an hour before I thought I'd be okay to walk down the stairs to the car!
The squats alone messed me up, pushed through them and had a good 5 minute rest between sets but even that wasn't enough. quite enjoyed this workout though, may have to do it again....soon!

Any help appreciated!

Solodshot

Solodshot

Apr 28, 2014
So here's my weird Saturday! Got up as usual did my thing, got ready for gym around 3-4pm. Spent jus over an hour there doing back. Came home to find spag Bol being prepped. I eat a sh!t load of it and chill. Come 7-8 pm I got reallllly bored n decided to go back to the gym and do a lil cardio. Hopped on the treadmill and after about five minutes a friend comes in, and asks I'll i fancy training chest with him. He says it'll only be a light session cos he's just got back from a three week holiday which sounded more like a three week piss up. So we started with bench (naturally) warmed up, and then some how it changed from a light session. I needed up PR'ing on my bench at 110kgs! I tried a 115kg bench but he had to help with the lockout a lil so I'm really not even counting that as a lift. So there it is, I PR'd on bench.....

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
haha, congrats on the PR. probably one of the most unlikely ways I'll ever read someone getting a PR on bench ... guess you just need a really big warmup session for your back , heh!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic