Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Do you think we should train different than the boys?

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I lift with my hubby many times and do the same workouts, minor differences due to structural body differences as RR showed, but over all the same routines.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
There should be no difference.... altho my wife doesn't train traps directly with shrugs or anything like that.... doesnt really look good on a woman to have big traps IMHO... thats the only diff btw us.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
I am not a bodybuilder but train legs like one to make the gains i want...lift like a man look like a goddest i say

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Now I know why I always feel like I'm going knock-kneed on the descent in a full clean. I never think about leverages, I just adjust my stance in the squat/clean/DL to what feels most mechanically efficient and stick with that. I find with most of my clients that almost everyone has slight variances in anatomy that can tweak form. So, in a sense, all my clients train a little different in some way or another.

Exactly!

this book had it right: Amazon.com: The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess (9781583332948): Lou Schuler, Cassandra Forsythe, Alwyn Cosgrove: Books

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
i lift like a man but im no goddess. The book is flawed.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Let cut threw all the bullshit here people...there is only one way to lift and that is to lift..there is no in between ways....everything eles is just fillers...dw

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
There's no reason women should lift any differently than men. The point is to lift in a way that is functionally correct and allows you to reach your personal goals. To that end, form first (male or female) and then work w/ the weight that is appropriate for you to maintain that form but let you continue to progress forward towards your goal. A female bodybuilder may be going for hypertrophy via ultra heavy wts & low reps cycled w/ deloading phases accompanied by a bulker diet and later adjusted down to cut, while a Bikini competitor may be doing more high rep stuff and keeping a more consistent diet since hypertrophy isn't the goal, but rather conditioning is. The form should still be the same.

The only consideration might be e.g. natural center of gravity and pivot points that vary structurally between men & women.

M

MeatLocker

Oct 23, 2011
Absolutely not. I train SM/SW events, 3 times a month with WSW Jill Mills, and there is nothing different, or girly, about the way we train. I assure you, she has never said, "I do it this way because I am a woman." Most of the guys that train with us have trouble keeping up with her. She's still a machine.. She actually laughed and made fun of me tonight for using lifting straps on the silver dollar deadlift (800+). There's nothing worse than getting called out by a "girl"... Even if it's Jill Mills...lol

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I have such a hard time convincing my wife that training all dainty isn't the way to go. She doesn't want to grow blocky and thinks heavier weights will produce this look. I need Jillian Michaels to email her or something. Smh

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have such a hard time convincing my wife that training all dainty isn't the way to go. She doesn't want to grow blocky and thinks heavier weights will produce this look. I need Jillian Michaels to email her or something. Smh

That's diet and not the training. I trained with 48, 53, 58kg women lifters when I was Oly lifting and their training would make our heads spin yet they never even weighed 132lbs.... they would train 5-6x week and it would consist of squatting more than 3x week.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That's marketing getting to her. They sell more products and videos by continuing to push that myth. The only way a woman would get bulky is if she becomes fat or stays fat while lifting. Fat is "bulky" too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic