Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do you think we should train different than the boys?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
So lets here it .Do you think we should train differently than the guys? I think some of the things we do are a bit different from a physical point of view.My cleans will never be like a mans .

But in general I think the structure of our training is the same.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
"the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone" that song from childhood leads me to say yes your training tactics should be similar. The make up of the physique, that is bones and muscle are the same as a man's.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ah here is one of my arguments. Our angle of hips to knees is different ;).You guys go straight we tend to go at an angle.One of the reasons women tend to get tracking problems easier.

But overall I think we do train the same.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
q+angle+men+vs+women.jpg

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have been dwelling on this whole leaning forward in the squat thing and i think that the way our pelvis is different than the mans^^^^ is why we tend to look like we are leaning forward even though it doesnt feel like it when doing the squat. especially if one has pushed out a moncher or two!

elizabethwhite

elizabethwhite

TID Lady Member
Dec 18, 2011
I don't think there is any gender specific training! I love the power lifting,strength training..hang with the men NO problem!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
that would be like saying do away with the basics because your female...i dont think so.dw

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
i don't really know. Maybe a slightly wider stance in the squat and dead lift to avoid to much force on the outer region of the knee and ankle. Taking care to place the force over the entire joint as much as possible. The shoulder girdle is a little more narrow and the hips are a bit wider so the maximal load capacity is shifted. Typically a woman can handle proportionally as much or even more in the squat and dead as a man while in the big upper body movements she lags behind a bit. Certainly we are different. One thing that was really obvious, in judo the women were much more reliant on technical skill and grace than the men on average. There seems to be a tendency for the women to pay more attention to detail rather than barrel through like us guys. Plus the wider hip base allows them to generate a lot of torque. They really are beautiful to watch, especially the elite level ones. I'm pretty confident that the women can figure out what's best fit for them.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
interesting comparasion glyco. my hip joints have really been progressively bothering me the past 6 months when i do deads and squats. i have been doing the wider stance squats and it seems to help but still pulling conventional with deads and it makes my left hip ache afterwards. hmmmmmm maybe after i get my 350# pull i will switch to sumo deads.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I dont nessesarily think there should be a different training for a female,However with the differences in men and women I believe a women should train smarter also something I did not see mentioned is the difference in bone density.
Take a bit more time to climb in poundages.

But in a nut shell training does not have to be different just because of gender.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
interesting comparasion glyco. my hip joints have really been progressively bothering me the past 6 months when i do deads and squats. i have been doing the wider stance squats and it seems to help but still pulling conventional with deads and it makes my left hip ache afterwards. hmmmmmm maybe after i get my 350# pull i will switch to sumo deads.
Wow.. that's interesting. Yeah maybe open it up a little. I think it's good you have a time mark on the goals. That way you can get to something else and heal up the banged up parts.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Now I know why I always feel like I'm going knock-kneed on the descent in a full clean. I never think about leverages, I just adjust my stance in the squat/clean/DL to what feels most mechanically efficient and stick with that. I find with most of my clients that almost everyone has slight variances in anatomy that can tweak form. So, in a sense, all my clients train a little different in some way or another.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic