Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What keeps you motivated?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Keeping up the habit of working out every day is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

DGAF

DGAF

Sep 5, 2010
Well I have been lifting for over 20 years and for me it is something that I just do everyday, like waking up, I have to do it. I lift 5 days a week with 2 days off and if I dont go to the gym I am lost. So for me it has become a part of my everyday routine, has been that way for many years. My motivation to go when I first started training was the way I felt afterwards and the way it made me look apperancewise.

DGAF

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Well I have been lifting for over 20 years and for me it is something that I just do everyday, like waking up, I have to do it. I lift 5 days a week with 2 days off and if I dont go to the gym I am lost. So for me it has become a part of my everyday routine, has been that way for many years. My motivation to go when I first started training was the way I felt afterwards and the way it made me look apperancewise.

DGAF

Same here, plus I always think I look crappy and small -so bigorexia takes over.

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
Same here, plus I always think I look crappy and small -so bigorexia takes over.

you are far from ever looking crappy..

I guess I fight to stay motivated at times.. I haven't taken the best care of my body over the past 5 years or so.. Been quite a few serious injuries that have had me a bit depressed.. Things are getting better and looking up. I'm looking to drop drop 40 lbs by the end of the year.. I want to be back to 265lbs ..I carry that well being such a tall guy..

The mirror keeps me motivated these days.. Until I get where I want.. I won't be happy.. Also my daughters

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
When I see the pics of the competitors in all these magazines, I think I look like crap. I'm not ripped like they are and that motivates to hit the iron even harder (even though the gym owner says that I'm already stronger than all the women and even some guys there).

What also motivates me is guys like Genetic Freak checking out my training log day in day out.

C

colamuscl

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I take a look at where I was, even just a year ago. The change is remarkable, and it spurs me to go farther. I see the pro's that I hope to one day compete against, think about how they got where they are, what they started with, and it's enough to drive me to push myself as hard as I can with the iron. If they did it, I can too!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
When I see the pics of the competitors in all these magazines, I think I look like crap. I'm not ripped like they are and that motivates to hit the iron even harder (even though the gym owner says that I'm already stronger than all the women and even some guys there).

What also motivates me is guys like Genetic Freak checking out my training log day in day out.

I agree MG....I always try to keep one or two BB mags around when I'm lacking motivation. I just take a couple quick looks at some of the guys pumping that Iron and then look at myself. This works everytime! I'm not even close to my goal so staying motivated is the hardest part of my routine. Anybody can push Iron at the gym....but can you do it consistently without getting bored or losing hope? That's the question

Dmaipa

Dmaipa

Sep 14, 2010
What keeps me motivated?

Bettering myself everyday. I make sure every day is an effective one. I don't care what other's see, right now i'm only competing with myself. During my "off" days, I just look within myself and ask, What does it take? The body is only saying one thing, but the mind is much stronger. While i'm training my body, i am also training my mind day in and day out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic