Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

"Slin" a blessing or a curse?

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Insulin is a hormone that has always horrified and intreaged me at the same time. Naturally insulin (slin) is produced by the pancreas and it enables glucose to be used by the body for energy. What makes slin anabolic? The simple answer is that it allows amino acids to be utalized to their maximum capability. I never suggest anyone use slin because very simply, it's dangerous. I for one have used slin with my AAS cycle, but never alone.

Bodybuilders have 2 "favorite" types of slin~1) Humalog-which requires a perscription. It has a 2.5 hour active life and peaks after about an hour. 2) Humulin-R-is OTC and has a active life of 4 hours and peaks after about 2 hrs. These stats are important because in order to NOT go "hypo" somone cycling slin will need to intake approx. 10 grams of carbs per iu of slin. This is done not only after injection but also timed to intake at the slins "peak." Keep cycles about 4 weeks and PLEASE over research b-4 cycling!

Humulin-R is really the route to take. It's cheap and easy to get...here's the thing though...REMEMBER YOU HAVE A SPIKE AT AROUND 2 HOURS, POST INJECTION! DO NOT INJECT LATE IN THE AFTERNOON...IF YOU GO HYPO WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING YOU COULD EASILY SLIP INTO A COMA OR DIE!!! AGAIN...SLIN IS NO JOKE AND I AM ASKING YOU GUYS TO EDUCATE YOURSELVES....PLEASE!!
Anyway, a "standard" Humulin cycle would probably look like this...

Day 1: 2 iu with breakfast
Day 2: 2 iu with breakfast
Day 3: 2 iu with breakfast / 2 iu post workout
Day 4: 2 iu with breakfast / 3 iu post workout
Day 5: 3 iu with breakfast / 3 iu post workout
Day 6: 3 iu with breakfast / 3 iu post workout
Day 7: 3 iu with breakfast / 4 iu post workout

I have 2 days with slin injection in the morning only...consider those your days not in the gym. The next week I would follow this rough pattern until you either 1) reach 10 iu per day or 2) are feeling hypo symptoms even with proper carb intake. I also cannot express to people the importance of 10 grams of carbs per iu of slin when you inject and again when you "peak!" Some also say that taking Clenbuterol on a Humulin-R cycle is a good idea because it reduces insulin resistance, but that is the "more is better" mentality and I'm not going to be swayed into that way of thinking!

Please respond guys with questions or comments...do you think a slin cycle should look differently? Thanks guys....

Last edited:
GodSize

GodSize

Sep 23, 2010
I'd only go PWO if it's your first time using slin.

HawaiianPride.

HawaiianPride.

Oct 21, 2010
Well written man.

It would be wise to keep a large amount of carbs handy, in case you need to act quickly if you start to feel dizzy, sleepy or weak. If you're starting out fresh, have another person with you that understands the onset of hypo and will know what to do/expect if anything were to go wrong. Standard is definitely 10 grams per IU, but I would recommend a dose of 150 grams regardless of the amount as long as it is below 15 IU's. Carb source should be Dex for fast absorption minimizing the risk as opposed to other carbs IMO. Overall it's safe and super effective if you know what your doing.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
One of the community's good guys was diabetic, and STILL DIED in his sleep from a Diabetic Coma a couple years back. Don't play if you don't know (AND FOLLOW) the rules.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
2) Humulin-R-is OTC and has a active life of 4 hours and peaks after about 2 hrs.

I believe it is active for 5hrs and you get 2 pulses, one at the 30min mark and another one at about the 3-3 1/2hr mark...

Call me crazy...I been using Humulin R as part of a carbless post work out. I been taking 2.5iu right after training with only protien, and then I stay carbless for the next 36hours. When I switch thing up here in a couple week I will be take that 2.5iu every 5 hours, unless I'm doing to bed with the next 5 hours...

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Insulin Profiles

Here a chart...

Attachments

• insulinprofile.jpg
    insulinprofile.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 304
bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
The first time I did slin I worked it into an AAS cycle and I did like 2iu post workout and was too green to understand the importance of carbs...I think, as is the case with you...a low dose with SOME carbs once daily may not be adverse, but as I raised my dosage I quickly became aware of the importance of the carb load...anyone else have any input on active lives and spikes?

Thanks for the input bro...

I believe it is active for 5hrs and you get 2 pulses, one at the 30min mark and another one at about the 3-3 1/2hr mark...

Call me crazy...I been using Humulin R as part of a carbless post work out. I been taking 2.5iu right after training with only protien, and then I stay carbless for the next 36hours. When I switch thing up here in a couple week I will be take that 2.5iu every 5 hours, unless I'm doing to bed with the next 5 hours...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic