Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Back surgery mix?

Mainelymoshe

Mainelymoshe

Apr 12, 2023
What are the exercises you do for your daily PT routine?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I’m not sure what their specific PT is, but “PT” is prescribed based on symptoms, mechanism of injury, and assessments of ROM, as well as goals. Much of my low back pain is related to lumbar flexion intolerances. “Butt wink” would cripple me for example. The PT I perform for my issues may not address someone else’s problem. Compressional loads don’t elicit pain unless I add in lumbar flexion. Unwanted flexion in the lumbar spine when loading is often a symptom of poor hip mobility. One may not even know it’s occurring until it becomes painful. As it turns out my ability to internally rotate is astonishingly terrible. External rotation is better but not great. This often causes the back to accommodate excessively to the hips underperforming. Eventually the back will fail and here I am. Consequently I do a lot of hip “PT.” When my back is relatively pain free I’ll add in some light weight exercises with slight lumber flexion to build greater strength in that position. For example; picking up lightweight sandbags from the floor. Zercher good mornings. Back extensions with pad just above hip, so it lessens hip hinge and promotes more flexion. Hollow rocks and dead bugs are great too.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Totally unrelated surgery 8 yrs ago when I tore up my leg ... BUT, when I was discharged from 2 wks in an inpatient rehab hospital I was prescribed a bunch of gizmos to ease my at home recovery.

One gizmo was designed specifically to help put on/off shoes+socks ... might be worth asking your surgeon to add that to your post-op list?

(my totally free medical advice is accurately priced :) )
I have a few things that help, getting the shoes on though esp bc I need the foot lift on the left side is tough still need help. Just got to to walking outside last week and then I starting having more pain on the left inner thigh (residual nerve issues and swelling from the surgery) so a set back of sorts. You have to stay mean to get through it, if you let weakness start to get into your head, you're fucked.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
What are the exercises you do for your daily PT routine?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I do not know the name of all of them. I start with a round of stretching. Then go into one legged bridges, normally do between 50-100 full range of motion. From my back on the ground to back slightly arched at the top.
Planks front and side every day. this is one that hits your whole core. Start at 20 seconds per and work up to minutes. I also do other variations of plank which i do not know the name of from time to time.
Deadbugs
back extension crunches. Opposite of a stomach crunch, lying on my stomach I crunch backwards where my legs and upper torso come up. I do not go very high, just trying to activate those lower back muscles.
Kickbacks is what call em. Get on hands and knees. move one leg straight back and up as high as comfortable. Feel it in your glutes.
Good mornings with zero weight. I normally do 20-30 slow ones. Air squats and air deadlifts trying to keep form perfect with no weight.
There are a few more with assorted gut work. Add as you like. My core, lower back and hip flexors are like iron. Years I have done this and for most of that I have been far less prone to back injury and pain diminished by a huge margin.

It takes months to get benefit and you will find some moves exacerbate pain so do something else.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Having had 13 surgeries, 2 reconstructive bone surgeries using PED's and not using PED's. 70mgs test, 70mgs Nandrolone/ week. I also ran GH surgeons could not believe how much bone remodeled in six weeks. I was the talk of the ortho. But of course it was because of their skills......lol

IMO less is enough.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Was experiencing increasing left leg pain and swelling, went to the ER and asked for a US scan, a fucking DVT common femoral down. On eliquis for 3 months. Just when I thought I was out of the woods at 4 weeks post op and getting my legs under me. Another face punch from the universe.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I do not know the name of all of them. I start with a round of stretching. Then go into one legged bridges, normally do between 50-100 full range of motion. From my back on the ground to back slightly arched at the top.
Planks front and side every day. this is one that hits your whole core. Start at 20 seconds per and work up to minutes. I also do other variations of plank which i do not know the name of from time to time.
Deadbugs
back extension crunches. Opposite of a stomach crunch, lying on my stomach I crunch backwards where my legs and upper torso come up. I do not go very high, just trying to activate those lower back muscles.
Kickbacks is what call em. Get on hands and knees. move one leg straight back and up as high as comfortable. Feel it in your glutes.
Good mornings with zero weight. I normally do 20-30 slow ones. Air squats and air deadlifts trying to keep form perfect with no weight.
There are a few more with assorted gut work. Add as you like. My core, lower back and hip flexors are like iron. Years I have done this and for most of that I have been far less prone to back injury and pain diminished by a huge margin.

It takes months to get benefit and you will find some moves exacerbate pain so do something else.
I'm just over 8 weeks post op, the DVT Sx and residual nerve damage from the surgery (local inner left thigh) seem to be slowly improving. Been active and careful with the brace. Lower back is feeling more stable. Going to txt my surgeon and see if I can start some of these basic movements. X ray in 3 weeks to see if I can take off the brace. Legs still weak and achy but better.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I'm just over 8 weeks post op, the DVT Sx and residual nerve damage from the surgery (local inner left thigh) seem to be slowly improving. Been active and careful with the brace. Lower back is feeling more stable. Going to txt my surgeon and see if I can start some of these basic movements. X ray in 3 weeks to see if I can take off the brace. Legs still weak and achy but better.
Take it slow bro. Better to wait too long than to rush it and damage yourself. I get it, every day we don't train is a day we are loosing muscle but with the back, just take your time.

I know tb500 and BPC157 helped me after my nasal reconstruction after getting my sinuses caved it. It is the second time I have had this procedure done. the first time I was natty and seemed like it took forever to heal. Second time I used these peptides and swelling went down faster, bruising went away in 2 days and I did not finish my pain pills unlike the first time. I could breathe so good! Then it got broke again...

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Take it slow bro. Better to wait too long than to rush it and damage yourself. I get it, every day we don't train is a day we are loosing muscle but with the back, just take your time.

I know tb500 and BPC157 helped me after my nasal reconstruction after getting my sinuses caved it. It is the second time I have had this procedure done. the first time I was natty and seemed like it took forever to heal. Second time I used these peptides and swelling went down faster, bruising went away in 2 days and I did not finish my pain pills unlike the first time. I could breathe so good! Then it got broke again...
Neuro txt'd this am and cleared me to do some of the core movements, just said not to strain. I've used BPC 157, not much effect that I can tell, have not tried the combo though. Couple of the guys at the gym have used both topical and sc GHK-Cu with good success wound healing.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Neuro txt'd this am and cleared me to do some of the core movements, just said not to strain. I've used BPC 157, not much effect that I can tell, have not tried the combo though. Couple of the guys at the gym have used both topical and sc GHK-Cu with good success wound healing.
Never heard of that stuff. Will have to look into it.

Good deal with being cleared to do some work. I am sure you will feel better getting to do something physical.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022

Yeah, I tried some TB500 last year and it seemed to heal me up quickly. BPC I think is good if you can inject it close to the injury and especially shoulder injuries it’s great for. But don’t think it works as well systemicly when just taken subQ in your stomach. TB500 you don’t need to inject every day either. But there is a reason people still recommend it. It’s been around for like 10 years now. Stuff is a little expensive but works good imo to help wound healing. BPC seems better for joints and cartilage repair, imo. But even better than those would be hgh. Especially when you’re in bed a lot anyways. Help you sleep and not be awake in pain too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic