jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
BantamweightMarlon Veravs.Cory Sandhagen
Women's BantamweightHolly Holmvs.Yana Santos
Women's FlyweightAndrea Leevs.Maycee Barber
MiddleweightChidi Njokuanivs.Albert Duraev

There are some good fights on this card.

Chito Vera vs Cory Sandhagen is a really good fight. top notch. Chito is on a 4 fight win streak and is a fan fav for exiting fights. Sandhagen always comes to scrap and is 50% in his last 4 but very close decisions all. this will be a good one folks Very high finish rate for these fellas.

Holm vs Santos neither gal has a stoppage win since 2017. Hope I am wrong but I think it is gonna be a snoozer of a jab battle.

Lee vs Barber on the other hand, as a gal fight, both ladies bring it and are not scared to mix it up. This will be a war

Chidi Chidi Bang Bang vs Duraev. Style fight. Chidi is a true striker with ZERO sub wins in the ufc and one on his record WAY back in 2010 when he was a new pro. Duraev is a grappler with heavy hands. He has power to KO but would rather take it to the ground and sub his opponent. Chidi has good TD defense so I think this will be mostly a stand up fight and fun to watch as Chidi is a master of crazy stuff and Duraev will bulldog in looking for TDs throwing wild haymakers.

Also check out the prelims. There are some great matches with action fighters there too.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I'm mainly just interested in the main fight, but hopefully the others end up being good too.

I've never really been a Chito fan, he annoys me for some reason, lol. That said, he always finds a way to win. Dominick Cruz was beating him bad in their last fight, then Chito landed a head kick in round 4 or 5 and won by brutal KO. It's hard for me to get behind that type of win....but he won, lol. He is also a slow starter. This is a good fight though, both are creeping at the top, and I believe both have lost in their Title fights?

I like Holm, but Jesus, she is boring with just jab, jab, jab jab, jab jab, jab.....lol. Jab and move, jab and move, jab and move. It's just not exciting for me. She may do a combo flurry here and there, but she has no power in her punches to ever do any damage. Her kicks can KO other women, like Rousey, but she is always moving so much that I don't think she is ever able to put any power behind them either most of the time.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
What you said about Chito is true but if you KO people with fluke stuff over and over then it is not a fluke. He has also been in wars where he won on guts and heart. He reminds me of Jorge Masvidal.
Yeah Holm is a mover to a fault. If she would stop and sit down on her munches even 1 in 10 times she would get more respect and not need to move so much, the byproduct is more gas in round 3.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
What you said about Chito is true but if you KO people with fluke stuff over and over then it is not a fluke. He has also been in wars where he won on guts and heart. He reminds me of Jorge Masvidal.
Yeah Holm is a mover to a fault. If she would stop and sit down on her munches even 1 in 10 times she would get more respect and not need to move so much, the byproduct is more gas in round 3.
I agree 100%:)

Yea, it's hard to describe Chito. It's like he is off until he is on, lol. Definitely not a fluke.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I agree 100%:)

Yea, it's hard to describe Chito. It's like he is off until he is on, lol. Definitely not a fluke.
He is not fast, and not strong but has good technical striking and is really good at BJJ but not wrestling. I was watching how he landed his strikes and he has impeccable timing, both counter striking and offending. Watch his flurries. He will hesitate for a tiny fraction of a second to let his opponent load up to throw a punch and fire as soon as the hand is out of the way. He also uses his leg kicks and rarely gets countered on them as he waits for the leg to be light so when he lands, the person's lead leg is out of place and even if he does fire a cross counter (The most common for a low kick) it has little power.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Chito is a dog, I have him beating sandhagen. Holy holm I hope gets put to sleep, so we dont have to watch her fight again. Barber is going to wrestle fuck Lee.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Chito is a dog, I have him beating sandhagen. Holy holm I hope gets put to sleep, so we dont have to watch her fight again. Barber is going to wrestle fuck Lee.
Chito is a dog, BUT...Sandhagen is a technical genius. He does not have the physical gifts of most fighters but his timing is just as good as Chito's and he has reach and a really good jab that will disrupt and frustrate Chito. Chito will end up bullrushing to get in and that is where Sandhagen shines, counter punching. I think it will be close. Both have great cardio. Fight of the night candidate.

Agree, Holm is a decision machine. Agree with Barber and Lee. Lee's TD D is better but Barber is a pressure fighter and will be up on her pressuring on the cage and clenching the whole fight. Lee has really good BJJ offense off her back. Would love to see an armbar or triangle win for her.

Sure is nice having discourse with folk who actually understand fighting. When I go to the fights whether it is ammy fights guys at my camp are fighting in or pro. There is always that guy who yells "KNEE KNEE!" when there is a clench without the thought that knees can be caught and TDs initiated from that position as well as you cannot defend a TD from a Thai clench as well as having 1 underhook. Anyway. that is my MMA fan pet peeve. Who knows better? Some Joe Smoe who watches UFC or the fighter?

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Love this main event, Sandhagan is so fun to watch.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
MAIN FIGHT ABOUT TO START NEXT!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Bros! Holly looked like a savage! If she can stuff TDs... she looked good yo.

Ok, stoked for this one. My son brought his girl and her friends over. All mid 20s and attractive, very distracting. But they are dumb, "why is that girl on top of the other?"

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, Holly looked pretty good this fight. She had good TD defense and kicks going. She did well on the ground as well.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
For the life of me, how did the one judge have it 48-47 for Chito? WTF?

I may have given 1 round (3rd) to Chito...2 at most, and that is pushing it. Sandhagen dominated despite neither guy being hurt. The judges are pathetic when they score like that.

Chito only got aggressive the last 20 seconds of the fight. If he did that the whole time, or every other round instead of bombing 2-3 rounds, he'd win every one of his fights. Sandhagen did well on the feet and ground though....good kicks, upper cuts, combos, foot movement and forward progression. A nice mix of aggression and safety.

Fun fight to watch though. Chito took ownership of the loss. He is always good in his post-fight interviews.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic