Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How Much $$$ Do You Pay for a TRT script?

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
A copy and pasted comment I got off FB earlier today.

Chris Bu***er, how much do you pay? I was looking into getting tested but the place I spoke with does not accept insurance. It was $150 for the blood work, $400 for the dr. consultation, then $700-900 for a 3 month supply of test.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
dayummm. bi-annual blood work and Dr. follow-ups, pins, and test averages out to around $95/month

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Jeez, I pay $200 bi-annually for bloodwork and Dr visit and $19 per 10 ml vial. I got an even better deal with a good friends Dr he works for I am gonna start with. $70 2x a year as a friends and family discount!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I have a $5 co-pay for my doctor visit, labs are free and the testosterone script is $5 for 10cc of test cypionate. One of the benefits of being old.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Currently all free through the VA but that was an arduous process. Before that my insurance coverage took care of everything but office visit ($35) land prescription co-pays ($10). Back when I first got a script I didn't have insurance and it was about 100 a month for 90 day bloods and a script I could take to the pharmacy. Cash price using GoodRx was like $28 for my month supply then.. those TRT clinics are a ripoff IMHO.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Ogre
How did you get a script for test from the VA?
I’ve always wanted to ask my doc at the VA clinic for a script but idk how to go about telling them I’m basically dependent on test by now.
Should I just let my test level crash and then ask for bloodwork to be done?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ogre
How did you get a script for test from the VA?
I’ve always wanted to ask my doc at the VA clinic for a script but idk how to go about telling them I’m basically dependent on test by now.
Should I just let my test level crash and then ask for bloodwork to be done?
All you have to do is complain about low t symptoms and ask to have test checked but then the shit show starts. You need to make sure you're crashed below 200 total. They want to test 2 times, a week apart, between 7-9am, the numbers can't be drastically different from one test to the other. Once your pcp has 2 legit low-t tests, that don't have high hematocrit, they'll refer you to Endo. Then you'll probably get to do it all over again before getting a script. Luckily the closest VA hospital that had an Endo was over an hour drive so I qualified for Community Care. That's the real ticket, getting seen by a civilian Endo. I lucked out that the Endo I've been dealing with for years was in the VAs community Care network so they didn't need any additional testing.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
All you have to do is complain about low t symptoms and ask to have test checked but then the shit show starts. You need to make sure you're crashed below 200 total. They want to test 2 times, a week apart, between 7-9am, the numbers can't be drastically different from one test to the other. Once your pcp has 2 legit low-t tests, that don't have high hematocrit, they'll refer you to Endo. Then you'll probably get to do it all over again before getting a script. Luckily the closest VA hospital that had an Endo was over an hour drive so I qualified for Community Care. That's the real ticket, getting seen by a civilian Endo. I lucked out that the Endo I've been dealing with for years was in the VAs community Care network so they didn't need any additional testing.
Thanks for the advice my brother.
I’m well versed in the VA medical red tape just not when it comes to getting a test script.
I can get a community care endo too. So I’ll have to check into that.
Saw a veteran at the VAMC pharmacy getting a vial of test one day but he looked to be ninety five years old.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Free through VA. Went through the same process as Ogre. If the VA wouldn't give it to me then I would have just went through TriCare. They have no problem handing out TRT on base.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Works out to be about 150$/y with co-pays.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Free through VA. Went through the same process as Ogre. If the VA wouldn't give it to me then I would have just went through TriCare. They have no problem handing out TRT on base.
We have enough of us Veterans around here we could almost have a sub-forum specific to dealing with the VA and Tricare. One of those "if I knew back then what I know now..." kinda things

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic