Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Slow rollin. See how we do.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good work brother! That is the way I prefer to do it, no real changes in the scale. Always between 198-202 lbs every Friday for the last year, except the week of Christmas. I had two birthdays and the holiday to contend with. I just flip the body composition a bit.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Ok, Lapse in posting not completely with the training and diet. Been running my ass off and just trying to play catch up. 4 months off them about 5k in mishaps while I was out didn't help the financial situation. Got in last night and leaving out in the morning for Omaha NE.

I'm missing something. Or I am just older, and it will take longer need to limit the snacking while driving but it has replaced smoking. So the benefits outweigh the alternative.

I just bought more salad stuff and cooked up 2 pounds of chicken in the skillet. And made up some brown rice. So Dinners will be Chicken salad or chicken and rice. I made up 4 - 8oz 85/15 burgers for lunches and I am making some tuna. Also bought a thing of liverwurst and sliced up onions. Trying to use some sandwich thins. They're smaller than the Rye so that alone will make me use less of whatever I put on them and will help cut some calories per meal.

Last week I did a circuit as I only had 1 day. Legs, back and chest. Today I went and did a chest routine. Incline, Flat, crossovers low, shoulder press and some rope push downs with pulls super setted.

Have not been having any real cheat meals. As I do not think my meals are clean enough to validate having a cheat meal. But today I had the Country fried steak and eggs.

Be running hard for a bit more. When the weather breaks I will slow down. Bike riding season is coming.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I look at it this way, you are moving in the right direction. Sure it might take a little longer to reach your goals than it did before. You are just coming off two major surgeries and father time has a way of throwing a little weight in the pack to slow you down.

That picture I sent you guys is what I do a lot of when I am on the road. Chicken, rice and veggies; ground beef, rice and veggies; ground venison, rice and veggies; and ground turkey, rice and veggies. I just throw them in the cooler along with some of those Great Value cups of light Greek yogurt and pre-measured Kashi protein cereal. I also have some homemade protein bars. I don't drive as much as you, but I do drive cross country a few times a year. The length of the trip determines the size of the cooler. I also take advantage of the hotel's egg white omelets if they have them. I will load up six of those before I leave the hotel. Haha. That is two meals I don't have to worry about.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I think I remember you mentioning quitting smoking before. How long has it been since you quit? Man, I actually started smoking again during the beginning of Covid but then the prices went up from an already way high price of like $6 a pack to $10 a pack here in Maryland. Wife and I were like fuck that, so we quit smoking and started vaping. Lungs feel way better but want to go back to the gum. I had been on the gym for probably around 10 years before I started smoking again. The wife was still smoking though and I would have a couple every week when we went out for date night and had a few drinks. During Covid we missed a lot of work and I started drinking a lot and all it took was three days of smoking 3-5 cigarettes and I was hooked again. And it wasn’t the nicotine because I had the gum. There’s something else in those devil sticks that’s just as addictive or more addictive than nicotine. Cause i would be chewing two pieces of gum and wanting that fucking smoke! Just three days. It was crazy. But the good news is my wife quit and doesn’t smell like a chimney when I kiss her anymore. This is longest that she has quit. You just went cold turkey didn’t you? If I remember right? That’s seriously awesome accomplishment brother! Food definitely becomes an alternative. Everything tastes so much better too. The nicotine from the gum and vaping does help with the hunger and overeating cause I remember quitting cold turkey before and I was eating a lot more, probably to get that oral fixation satisfied. But anyways, that’s awesome you quit! I know the struggle!

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I think I remember you mentioning quitting smoking before. How long has it been since you quit? Man, I actually started smoking again during the beginning of Covid but then the prices went up from an already way high price of like $6 a pack to $10 a pack here in Maryland. Wife and I were like fuck that, so we quit smoking and started vaping. Lungs feel way better but want to go back to the gum. I had been on the gym for probably around 10 years before I started smoking again. The wife was still smoking though and I would have a couple every week when we went out for date night and had a few drinks. During Covid we missed a lot of work and I started drinking a lot and all it took was three days of smoking 3-5 cigarettes and I was hooked again. And it wasn’t the nicotine because I had the gum. There’s something else in those devil sticks that’s just as addictive or more addictive than nicotine. Cause i would be chewing two pieces of gum and wanting that fucking smoke! Just three days. It was crazy. But the good news is my wife quit and doesn’t smell like a chimney when I kiss her anymore. This is longest that she has quit. You just went cold turkey didn’t you? If I remember right? That’s seriously awesome accomplishment brother! Food definitely becomes an alternative. Everything tastes so much better too. The nicotine from the gum and vaping does help with the hunger and overeating cause I remember quitting cold turkey before and I was eating a lot more, probably to get that oral fixation satisfied. But anyways, that’s awesome you quit! I know the struggle!
It’s need a few years. But at Gettysburg bike week. I open a beer and have a smoke. Lol. And smoke those 5 days and then quit until next bike week.

Diet is getting cleaner and I’m paying more attention to what I’m snacking on. Found an apple I absolutely love. It’s some kind of blend.

Had a few setbacks as far as bike shit and other stuff. Took any motivation I had and shit on it. Will be back in the gym this weekend.

My doctor wants me on a heart monitor for 2 weeks. Fuck me. On a phone call I mentioned my AFib. He knows I have it. And it’s rare and short lived. But I’ll do what he wants. Without him I don’t have my DOT card to drive truck. I’m to where if I can’t do that. I’m done.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Well. Sitting at the cardiologist waiting to get a heart monitor installed. Fucking bullshit. He knows I have AFib. This can disqualify my DOT card. I’ve never felt dizzy. Never. He pulls my CDL I’m done. I’m not going back to a factory. Been in and around trucks my whole life except for the 8 years after my first heart attacks. Finally was able to get back in a truck 3 years ago.

The wife said don’t overreact and to wait and see. But honestly. Not driving would be the end of my give a fuck.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Well. Sitting at the cardiologist waiting to get a heart monitor installed. Fucking bullshit. He knows I have AFib. This can disqualify my DOT card. I’ve never felt dizzy. Never. He pulls my CDL I’m done. I’m not going back to a factory. Been in and around trucks my whole life except for the 8 years after my first heart attacks. Finally was able to get back in a truck 3 years ago.

The wife said don’t overreact and to wait and see. But honestly. Not driving would be the end of my give a fuck.
Hang in there brother. Maybe rip that shit out after u leave the office. Plug it back in when u return. Say idk what happened when there’s no data recorded and shrug your shoulders. Lol. Don’t do that.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hang in there brother. Maybe rip that shit out after u leave the office. Plug it back in when u return. Say idk what happened when there’s no data recorded and shrug your shoulders. Lol. Don’t do that.
The tech told me they usually fall off in 10 days. Depends on how active you are. Well. It’s already lifting. So it may last a few more days.

Yesterday was a full chest/shoulder workout. Not heavy. But well done.

Today was a full back and Bi workout. With a mile of cardio @ 3mph. Like to have hit it yesterday too. But having an issue with my Silverado and really wasn’t in the mood.

Diet staying 90% clean.

Starting to feel tight. Not so fluffy.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Last weeks meals were kinda all over the map. I was at our Philadelphia terminal. And I’m from that general area. So a cheese steak was on the menu. Then I couldn’t decide between that or the hot sausage pepper and onion. So I got both. Lol. Yesterday was a busy day so my only meal was Mongolian Beef, white rice, wonton soup. A lot of it.

Yesterday I had a really good chest and shoulder workout. Starting to see a difference. But need to drop the BF a little more efficiently. Did a 20 minute walk for 1 mile.

Today I super set back and legs. Then did a 20 minute mile.

wide pull downs. Cantilever squat rack. 3 sets of 10.

Bent BB rows and seated ham curls. 3 sets of 12

cable swing down to a face pull and seated leg extensions. 3 sets of 12

Cambered Bar curls and calf raises.

Then my cardio.

My heart monitor fell off after 6 days. So I sent that in. Takes a month for results.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I know walking is your easiest way to get in cardio with the job and all, but if you have access to heavy bag you can get a lot of good cardio in doing 10-15 minutes of HIIT on it. I do 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds rest for 10 minutes or 20 seconds all out and 40 seconds rest for 15 minutes. Seems to be melting fat off faster than 45-60 minutes on the treadmill.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I know walking is your easiest way to get in cardio with the job and all, but if you have access to heavy bag you can get a lot of good cardio in doing 10-15 minutes of HIIT on it. I do 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds rest for 10 minutes or 20 seconds all out and 40 seconds rest for 15 minutes. Seems to be melting fat off faster than 45-60 minutes on the treadmill.
Unfortunately my left shoulder would only take a few jabs to just give up the ghost. I do shoulders and chest and work around the issue. If I get in a fight I will rely heavily on a strong right hook. lol

Yesterday I did a good shoulder and chest workout. And finished off with 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Today I did legs only. And apparently did them better than I have. I'm wobbly for sure. THis will be bad tomorrow but I am 100% ok with that. I went heavier on the cantilever squat rack. Loaded 4 plates. Not sure if it's 225 but I did 3 sets of 10. I am sure this looks like a quick workout but I am slowly working up to where I was as far as set/rep range. No more 5/3/1 work outs. Followed them up with seat curls and then leg extensions then calf raises.

Wanted to hit the cardio but I had to drop my truck off at the shop. FOr a 2019 Certified GM Silverado with 55k it's a complete piece of shit. Dropped that off the wife had to run me to get the Peterbilt to use to get back and forth to the yard. I am training so I am local and home every night. Told the Boss I was coming to get the truck . He was fine with it.

Diet sucked all week. Not in my truck and was lazy about packing my food. So all my fault.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic