Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

ISO Upper Body workout

Torchy

Torchy

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
So... my knee surgery is postponed for idk how long. It's work comp, but I told my ortho to put a note in my chart that I should be going to the gym because they'll flag me for it if he doesn't. They've already flagged me for grocery shopping and the laundromat.

I've dealt with this in the past. Whole leg immobilizer when I had my left knee done, but it wasn't comp and I didn't care.

Trying to find a nice rotation and looking for opinions. Also, it uplifts my mood a little to get the input... not gonna lie.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's a bit hardcore... flagging for grocery shopping and laundry. What else are you supposed to do?

Torchy

Torchy

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
That's a bit hardcore... flagging for grocery shopping and laundry. What else are you supposed to do?
I had a hearing the end of January and the hearing judge stopped them in their tracks. Saying that's inappropriate.

Just looking for thoughts on how to rotate upper body... obviously know what to do...

Hoping for any ideas outside of the box.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Mayb
Just looking for thoughts on how to rotate upper body... obviously know what to do...

Hoping for any ideas outside of the box.

Not really outside of the box, but maybe split it push/pull, doing 2 days on/1 off or eod. This is what I did after ACL surgery. One of things that sucked was finding seated machine and db alternatives to barbell exercises, like bent rows, shrugs, etc, that put stress on the legs.

Torchy

Torchy

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Mayb

Not really outside of the box, but maybe split it push/pull, doing 2 days on/1 off or eod. This is what I did after ACL surgery. One of things that sucked was finding seated machine and db alternatives to barbell exercises, like bent rows, shrugs, etc, that put stress on the legs.
Yes... that's what I was actually thinking and looking for.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
200w.gif

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
According to me, You should stay away from workouts like Leg press, Lunges, Squats, if you feel pain in your knee, but if you feel okay and have stamina then try some sort of
  • Bent over Row
  • Hammer clubs with push press
  • Crunches/ Ab Curls’
These types of workouts in order to stay fit and healthy. All upper body workouts will core your fitness level and it’s important for your health.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic