Rolanalon
What's New?

Are You F'ing Kidding Me? Dogs in the Gym

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dog hater!
Meet Stanley and Thor. Both are gone now but were good fuukin dogs. I'd rather have them in the gym than some woman who just decided she has to get her shit together in her search for Mr. Wrong #3 or some 23 y.o. hashtagger who thinks everyone in the world needs a selfie of their entire workout.

View attachment 13684

View attachment 13685
I cannot look into a dog's eyes without falling in love ... even happens with photos of dogs. Eventually adopted 9 dogs before I wised up and stopped visiting local rescue groups' websites with all their damn photos.

That said, my dogs are not allowed in my home gym because I'd spend more time with them than with the weights. Probably happen with me and other peoples' dogs in a public gym too ... unless those dogs were suspicious of my behavior.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I live in a military community, so I see them all the time in the gym and just about everywhere else.

One of my Marines lost his emotional support dog and he killed himself two days later, so to answer your question, maybe.
That sad. I'm pretty stable emotionally and when Stanley ( first pic) died, it was probably the first time my teenage sons saw their Dad cry. So yeah, I could understand how that could be a tipping point for someone close to the edge.

All dogs go to heaven and that Marine is now united.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I can only imagine for some that's all they have that keeps them connected to the world... and even their only sense of joy. Without either, it's a pretty quick trip to the logical end. When my dog passed, I lost my only joy. I don't have the burdens these guys have so was able to pull through, but I can more easily understand the mentality.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
This one Jabroni brought in a mom and her puppies to the gym while he was working out (in a cage he would carry around with him to whatever station he was flapping his gums at). Every time he saw a girl, he would pull out a puppy and bring it over to the girl and start talking.

I don't know if this worked in getting him any pussy or not but I think he is a cunt.
Full disclosure too, this jabroni essentially wears yoga pants to work out in. Another reason why I think he is a cunt.

What I can't figure out is whether or not he is a closet homo that talks to girls so people don't think he's gay. I mean cuz otherwise I would call faggot 4 sure. He talks to guys almost as much as the girls. I'm never about that. I'm not there to talk, I'm there to WO.

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
I don't even visit houses that have dogs inside.

I hate mfers that bring their mutts to restaurants or stores so that wouldn't fly with me.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
There’s this old couple, really old in a wheelchair and a walker and they have an assistant with them and also their beagle at the gym. I love seeing dogs. I would love to see more dogs in the gym. It makes me happier. and it’s not even a service dog just a regular dog.

people who don’t like dogs or don’t want to be around them I do not trust. they’re always suspect to me.
Yeah, Im a dog guy too. I don't try to pet them when I see them in the gym though because most of the time they are service dogs.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Funny you made this post. A woman brought her dog in the gym today, it was a golden retriever I think. Not sure why she needed a dog, as its none of my business. But it very well could be an emotional support animal. I dont see any harm in it. It was on a leash, and the dog just sat on the floor while she worked out.
My second favorite breed. Bostons are best!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
New workout partner, Harper; like the right fielder for the Phillies. Rescued from a place that kept him in a crate 24/7 for 10 months. They even tried to debark him by putting a cloths hanger down his throat to pull out his vocal cords.

1675360507109.png

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Let me start by repeating *I love dogs*. I just don't think they should go everywhere their owner goes unless they are a true service dog. It's completely out of control. True service dogs? Everywhere. They are never going to be a problem. They are well trained. I know people with true service dogs and this whole thing drives them crazy.

Issues I have with dogs going everywhere with their owners:

1. Many people are afraid of dogs (not me) and it's selfish to bring your dog everywhere you go.
2. Dogs have no business being in any food establishment. I was once at an upscale restaurant and at the next table there was a dog sitting his feces ass on a chair while its owner spoon fed him ice cream. The chair had a cloth cushion, and you can't clean dog butt off of a cloth cushion.
3. Service dogs don't piss, shit or bark in inappropriate places. Untrained emotional support dogs do.
4. People who have a need for a well-trained service dog are sick and tired of having to tell people not to pet their dog because it is a true service animal and is working. People assume it's just a pet and they can pet it, even though it's wearing a vest that says it's a service dog. This happens because so many entitled and selfish people slap a "service dog" vest on their pet so they can bring it everywhere and they love it when people pet their dogs.
5. Some people are allergic to dogs, why should they be exposed to dogs in the market, restaurants, gyms, stores, etc?
6. Emotional support dogs which are really just pets sometimes bite people. A true service dog will not.
7. A packed gym at peak time is just about the worst place someone who truly needs a service dog or emotional support dog could possibly be. If you have PTS (I do) or other issues, you avoid frenetic places with lots of people and lots of loud noises, and would go during off hours. These two women with the German Shepherd were on a workout floor which had around 40 people on it during peak time (5PM). This was the latest I've been in the gym in a very long time. I try to avoid peak hours for the reasons I cited here. If I do go during peak hours, sometimes the flashbacks and anxiety start and I have to leave. I call bullshit on their need for a dog there.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I dunno, man. Sounds like something a dog hater would say.

:D

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I dunno, man. Sounds like something a dog hater would say.
Asshole. :)

Man, I love animals more than humans (that includes you!). We have a squirrel problem and we trap them, but we use humane traps and release them a mile away. I don't like to leave them in the cage so as soon as I see one in there I go to release it right away because it bothers me when I know they are distressed and are freaking out. I also don't want to leave them exposed to the heat or cold while in the trap.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I wish I could do a laugh and like combo, because I can appreciate that level of empathy and compassion.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic