Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Are You F'ing Kidding Me? Dogs in the Gym

F

Frank Rizzo

May 19, 2019
Love dogs. Don't see a problem here. Maybe get a dog also?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Dog hater!
Meet Stanley and Thor. Both are gone now but were good fuukin dogs. I'd rather have them in the gym than some woman who just decided she has to get her shit together in her search for Mr. Wrong #3 or some 23 y.o. hashtagger who thinks everyone in the world needs a selfie of their entire workout.

1675345807818.png

1675345884512.png

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
makes me sad for my old boys n girls

beautiful dog

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It’s funny you posted this. Back in 2015 I was at an LA fitness when two women walked in with their German shepherd service animal. I don’t have anything at all against animals, but I thought, you can’t go workout for an hour without them…. I was more worried about the dog getting hurt in the gym and something spooking the dog and someone getting bit.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I don't think I have too much of an issue with a good clean dog in the gym, at least one that isn't shedding hair everywhere or defecating and stuff, lol.

However, can somebody explain to me what an 'emotional support' dog is for or about?

I know they help people, but are people that messed up or weak and can't function without one? Like having one everywhere you go is a necessity or they will break or something?

I know there are vets who benefit from them and take them a lot of places for PTSD and mental support, i'm not really talking about them because I know most can function without actually needing one around 24-7, maybe even severe cases? This isn't my area though. I find myself wondering that if somebody is that on edge from breaking, how are they not in a mental institute before they hurt somebody? If the dog walks to a place in the gym and the owner can't find it, are they going to like go cray-cray?

Just trying to understand this, and I do like dogs and have no issue with them going most places....for the most part.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I don't think I have too much of an issue with a good clean dog in the gym, at least one that isn't shedding hair everywhere or defecating and stuff, lol.

However, can somebody explain to me what an 'emotional support' dog is for or about?

I know they help people, but are people that messed up or weak and can't function without one? Like having one everywhere you go is a necessity or they will break or something?

I know there are vets who benefit from them and take them a lot of places for PTSD and mental support, i'm not really talking about them because I know most can function without actually needing one around 24-7, maybe even severe cases? This isn't my area though. I find myself wondering that if somebody is that on edge from breaking, how are they not in a mental institute before they hurt somebody? If the dog walks to a place in the gym and the owner can't find it, are they going to like go cray-cray?

Just trying to understand this, and I do like dogs and have no issue with them going most places....for the most part.
I live in a military community, so I see them all the time in the gym and just about everywhere else.

One of my Marines lost his emotional support dog and he killed himself two days later, so to answer your question, maybe.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I don't think the problem here is that we hate dogs. The dog is innocent in all this put in a bad place by their entitled owners. I personally hate most people and there selfishness. Not against support animals at all but it has gotten out of hand. If the gym allows it fine but a lot of people are allergic to large dogs that shed. I am that guy that leaves his phone in his gym bag. Don't really care about anything but hitting that shit and leaving.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I see more & more of this crap all the time. Not in my current gyms but on IG. The gym I went to when I was consulting up in Grand Forks, ND was the best gym. Owner put lots of money into making it a great gym. BUT, she always brought herdog in which made people think they could bring theirs, Insert eye roll. Between dogs, the skinny shirtless fuggarz, and the sh*tfluencers I'm ready to start my own gym adn its my rules or GTF out. You're here to train & if you don't like it then go to Planet P*ssy.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My dog was my training partner for years. Good guy. Never let me down. Still hasn't. Poor guys is just old and on the back 9 now.
Mine was my running partner for the first five years of his life. He actually improved my speed a bit, because he always wanted to take off. Haha. Once we got to mile three though, I was usually dragging him back to the house to drop him off, so I could finish my run. He was smoked.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic