Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fuel for morning workout.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I wake up at 4:30 and am at the gym by 5. With my work/family/life schedule now, I either hit the gym then, or I'm not going. Been this way for a few years now. Even if I have a random night with nothing on the schedule after work - I'm too tired for the gym, and get a better workout early AM.

Cutting - just black coffee
Bulking - add small bowl of cereal

I honestly don't notice much of a difference in workouts with eating vs not eating. I always have a protien smoothie about an hour before bed. I eat just for some easy extra calories during a bulk.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm starting to wonder if this is just a matter of adaptation for me. Everything is harder right now, even proper breathing; my body just doesn't want to move maximally this early. Been experimenting with various foods and timing, and it just doesn't seem to make much difference. This morning was a tiny bit better, though.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I'm starting to wonder if this is just a matter of adaptation for me. Everything is harder right now, even proper breathing; my body just doesn't want to move maximally this early. Been experimenting with various foods and timing, and it just doesn't seem to make much difference. This morning was a tiny bit better, though.
5am training isn't easy, especially leg days. Always had to do at least 4 warm up sets before I could start anything. Friggen winter it was even worse.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You had me at Granny Smith. I love those things. They go great with nut butters, too. Generally, I find myself short on carbs and fats towards the end of the day, and that combo fits into place very nicely.

19Norris

19Norris

Feb 5, 2023
Damn that does sound good. I would give it a try though. I actually got the idea from Jim Stopani or however you spell it. He knows his shit. Maybe some TNE if you wanna get crazy.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
What intra drink do you use? That's odd you referenced TNE. I actually use a very small dose of it pre-workout but nothing like other people. I feel like large amounts of it convert far too readily to estrogen for me and only use a pitiful 4-6mg pre-workout.

19Norris

19Norris

Feb 5, 2023
I usually just use Gatorade powder and water cause I’m a cheap fuck and you can use however much you want. Glycotrix from Like a Pro supplements is the best of all think just really pricey. Do you notice and benefit at 4-6mgs? I feel like that might be more of just a placebo dose.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Certainly a possibility on being placebo. At one point I felt like it helped give me a slight extra "push" on things, but that could easily just be mental state or any number of other actual things. I'll experiment a bit more with it now that you mention it. Thanks for the intra recommendation. I'll take a look. So far, plain old Jasmine rice as soon as I wake up and a tablespoon of honey immediately pre-workout seems to be helping more than anything I've tried so far.. but I also think there's a good deal of just getting used to exertion that early in the morning.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic