pbtom
What's New?

Home made cables

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Gosh dangit, i need to grab a pick next time i'm at my dad's. He has been creating a home gym in his basement and making things on his own . He is 75 yrs young and can create anything from anything lol.

He has the money to go get one of those all in one cable machines....but he created a pully system to do tricep pushdowns/pulldowns, etc where the pulleys are mounted to the rafters in ceiling and there is a bar that he adds weight to and has a straight bar for push downs.

He also created out of wood a rack to hold barbells.

He is so cool, and the place looks great. I'll get picks and post them up .

(yea yea this post is useless without pics huh? lol)

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Sounds like the gym my buddy's dad had in the basement back in the late 80s.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is awesome. I have a pulley ran through a swami wrap at the top of my homemade squat rack that I use for extensions and such. You can even reverse the pulley and put it on the bottom and do curls if you want.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
It’s good that your dad is super active and creative. In my opinion, a home gym is the best way to stay fit and healthy as it saves time, provides you a bit more comfort as compared to the gym, and more.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Your dad sounds just like mine. "Why buy some contraption when I can just use my bored, retired energy and a lifetime's worth of skills to build it?!" Looking forward to the pics!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic