pbtom
What's New?

DL after breast augmentation

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
Hey Ladies,
How long after a Breast augmentation did you wait to deadlift. I did ask my surgeon. They say I’m good to exercise after 8 weeks. Which is now. But, they couldn’t answer as far as for deadlifts.
I also had corset stitching since I ripped my chest cavity. Should I wait 12 weeks before pulling heavier weight? The waiting is killing me. But, I don’t want to screw up my investment either.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hey Ladies,
How long after a Breast augmentation did you wait to deadlift. I did ask my surgeon. They say I’m good to exercise after 8 weeks. Which is now. But, they couldn’t answer as far as for deadlifts.
I also had corset stitching since I ripped my chest cavity. Should I wait 12 weeks before pulling heavier weight? The waiting is killing me. But, I don’t want to screw up my investment either.
I know you asked the women. But I’ve had a tummy tuck. What id worry about it’s the connective tissue that’s trying to reattach itself. I think the moto ion of the deadlift will be ok. Where I’d worry is excessive stretching. Also the belt against the abs. Also that corset to tighten up the abs. Id be really careful about tearing that apart. I’m not trying to scare you but I can tell you that I’m 19 years out from mine. And I have undone the corset. That happened a few years ago. I have to consciously hold my abs back in place or I look like I have a belly. Even when you can see my top 4 abs.

Good luck.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Also I forgot to add. "Blocking" using the belt will be important to hold that corset together. Just be careful.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I know you asked the women. But I’ve had a tummy tuck. What id worry about it’s the connective tissue that’s trying to reattach itself. I think the moto ion of the deadlift will be ok. Where I’d worry is excessive stretching. Also the belt against the abs. Also that corset to tighten up the abs. Id be really careful about tearing that apart. I’m not trying to scare you but I can tell you that I’m 19 years out from mine. And I have undone the corset. That happened a few years ago. I have to consciously hold my abs back in place or I look like I have a belly. Even when you can see my top 4 abs.

Good luck.
Thank you for the response.
Oh no! That sounds very painful. I’m slowly getting back at it. There’s just some movements that are uncomfortable. The stretch and pulling definitely what’s making me weary of the DL’s.
That’s my fear that I damage that one side where they did the corset stitching.
lol I don’t need my boob in my underarm again.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
Also I forgot to add. "Blocking" using the belt will be important to hold that corset together. Just be careful.
My corset stitching is only in my chest cavity. I had a rip in my lateral wall.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
My corset stitching is only in my chest cavity. I had a rip in my lateral wall.
I think (and I am no trainer or anyone special) but I would probably start with just bands, Light and see how I felt the following days and slowly graduate as you learn how you're healing. Maybe tiime to just up the cardio a bit to feel like you're getting more out of your workout. You can even squat and DL with them. Be a little creative with a stick. But you will at least be able to micro manage the tension you are putting on your body.

Sometimes Doctors dont realize what we will do when they say "you're good to go" that statement may be fine for the every day person. Us on the other hand. They may be the worst thing to say.

My Ortho knows better, I just had both hips replaced. 14 weeks out on the right and 6 weeks out on the left. I asked about squatting. He put a bunch of restrictions on me. NEVER past 90 and Never heavy.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Not a lady, but I'm 4 mo. out from bi-pass surgery and having your breast bone pried apart takes up to a yr. to fully heal. At 3 mo. your 80% so I started doing very light chest work. I see no reason why you can't do deadlifts as long as you keep it super light. I'm talking bar with 5's on each end and 20 reps x 3 sets focusing on form. Write up a game plan adding say 5-10 lbs. wk. and stick to it. If you feel any strain in the areas healing then back off. I'd recommend taking up to a yr. to get to max work outs. You'll be so much further ahead this way than if you go to hard and have an injury and have to start all over again. I'd also recommend looking up videos on Utube, I've found some very good info. from people who have gone through the same experience. You could also go to physical therapy and get lucky w/ a therapist who knows his/her shit. Chances are you'll waste your time. Other side of the coin is to find a personal trainer who knows his/her shit on this. Good luck.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I'm not sure if you lift heavy or not. But i would error on the side of caution here. Perhaps your surgeon doesn't know your definition of exercise LOL.
I would wait awhile more but thats me.
Have you tried a dead lift motion with a very light weight? Like maybe 5lb dbs or something? or maybe just the bar and no weights?
Perhaps try that movement with barely any weight and see how it feels.
I would be worried about that tissue and healing well and being sturdy to support your movements.

haha again, that is just me though and i know you are itching to get going.

Good luck! Your profile pic is amazing.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I'm not sure if you lift heavy or not. But i would error on the side of caution here. Perhaps your surgeon doesn't know your definition of exercise LOL.
I would wait awhile more but thats me.
Have you tried a dead lift motion with a very light weight? Like maybe 5lb dbs or something? or maybe just the bar and no weights?
Perhaps try that movement with barely any weight and see how it feels.
I would be worried about that tissue and healing well and being sturdy to support your movements.

haha again, that is just me though and i know you are itching to get going.

Good luck! Your profile pic is amazing.
That’s my worry. My version and there version of working out is probably different. I don’t plan on going heavy at all till the 12 weeks. I just want to start the movement so I can get back to heavy before I have to start cutting back on my calories.
I can do the bar. But, I’ve been to much of a chicken to load it.
Thank you!!! Haha I don’t look like that right now. I got that winter fluff going on.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
Not a lady, but I'm 4 mo. out from bi-pass surgery and having your breast bone pried apart takes up to a yr. to fully heal. At 3 mo. your 80% so I started doing very light chest work. I see no reason why you can't do deadlifts as long as you keep it super light. I'm talking bar with 5's on each end and 20 reps x 3 sets focusing on form. Write up a game plan adding say 5-10 lbs. wk. and stick to it. If you feel any strain in the areas healing then back off. I'd recommend taking up to a yr. to get to max work outs. You'll be so much further ahead this way than if you go to hard and have an injury and have to start all over again. I'd also recommend looking up videos on Utube, I've found some very good info. from people who have gone through the same experience. You could also go to physical therapy and get lucky w/ a therapist who knows his/her shit. Chances are you'll waste your time. Other side of the coin is to find a personal trainer who knows his/her shit on this. Good luck.
Thank you so much. That sounds horribly painful. My tear wasn’t to that extent. That sounds like a good idea with the adding weight weekly and high reps.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I think (and I am no trainer or anyone special) but I would probably start with just bands, Light and see how I felt the following days and slowly graduate as you learn how you're healing. Maybe tiime to just up the cardio a bit to feel like you're getting more out of your workout. You can even squat and DL with them. Be a little creative with a stick. But you will at least be able to micro manage the tension you are putting on your body.

Sometimes Doctors dont realize what we will do when they say "you're good to go" that statement may be fine for the every day person. Us on the other hand. They may be the worst thing to say.

My Ortho knows better, I just had both hips replaced. 14 weeks out on the right and 6 weeks out on the left. I asked about squatting. He put a bunch of restrictions on me. NEVER past 90 and Never heavy.
Oh yeah. I’ve been using them. Lots of squats and low body stuff with them. I started back with light upper body stuff.
Haha right I told the doctor I know I can exercise but I need to know my restrictions.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
My wife's doc said 6-8 weeks for moderate lifts then 3 months go all out. But she did not specifically state DL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic