Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

First Run of DNP

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Oh one more thing. I got really bad itching on my feet and sometimes hands as I was recovering. I don't think it was attributable to anything but the DNP. Some type of neuropathic thing, I guess. No rash, no bites.. nothing. Just horrible itching. Got a few raw spots. Seems to have finally subsided but at the time was maddening.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Great log bro!

Put some hydrocortisone on those itchy spots.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Great log. Did you say earlier that your blood sugar went up? All I have ever heard is that DNP brings your blood sugar down.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
DNP worked very well for me the times I used it long ago. I won't ever use it again though cuz I just felt like dog shit on it. Id rather just have a more strict diet and feel more normal even though it will take a bit longer to drop weight.

Thanks to OP for the log though. I like seeing how people react to it and what it does to their bloods.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Great log. Did you say earlier that your blood sugar went up? All I have ever heard is that DNP brings your blood sugar down.

My blood sugar stayed pretty high the whole time I was on DNP. My best guess is due to glycerol from lipolysis? But "guess" is all I can do. My blood sugar is now better than before I started DNP, so it seemed to improve some insulin resistance I had built up.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
DNP worked very well for me the times I used it long ago. I won't ever use it again though cuz I just felt like dog shit on it. Id rather just have a more strict diet and feel more normal even though it will take a bit longer to drop weight.

Thanks to OP for the log though. I like seeing how people react to it and what it does to their bloods.

This is kind of where I ended up and why I've re-committed to a slightly higher deficit to see how things go. Since I never accounted for my weight loss by scaling down my daily calories, I may have been somewhat in a maintenance zone just thinking I had hit a plateau.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My blood sugar stayed pretty high the whole time I was on DNP. My best guess is due to glycerol from lipolysis? But "guess" is all I can do. My blood sugar is now better than before I started DNP, so it seemed to improve some insulin resistance I had built up.

You're log is so detailed, and I doubt most people are really tracking their blood sugar while running the DNP. They are ceccking after the run when it lowers. The glycerol and lipolysis makes sense, but who knows.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Alright, final sum of loss around 8 pounds. Current BF is 11.5%, down from 13.5% in August. I had already lost maybe 4-5 pounds since August, so DNP accounts for maybe 1.3% or so of that. Most of the fat loss came from core, and I dropped another level of visceral. I've unfortunately lost muscle, too. I have so little and have worked so hard for what I have, I hate when I lose more muscle. Anyway, based on current numbers, losing 6 more pounds would put me around 8%. Almost there. We're going to add another day to my workout as a longer, lower intensity day, like 60-90 min low intensity MAP's. I'm also going to work on skewing less carbs and more fats into macro's.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Wish I could edit older posts.

Anyway, here is a fat distribution:

Right Arm - 0.4lb
Left Arm - 0.4lb
Trunk - 10.1lb
Right Leg - 2.9lb
Left Leg - 2.9lb

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Long post-DNP, and I have to say I am unlikely to do another round. I just did not respond to it as favorably as I had hoped given the discomfort I endured towards the end, especially that really bad bout of neuropathic itching that developed on my feet. I had sores on my feet for weeks because the pain/stinging felt better than the itching. My thyroid also took quite a while to recover. All in all, given the total loss (8 pounds or so), it just was not worth it to me.

I'm having a much better time with Clen. It's simple and predictable. Diet still locked down fairly well. Redistributed macro's a bit to get more fats and fat loss picked up.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Long post-DNP, and I have to say I am unlikely to do another round. I just did not respond to it as favorably as I had hoped given the discomfort I endured towards the end, especially that really bad bout of neuropathic itching that developed on my feet. I had sores on my feet for weeks because the pain/stinging felt better than the itching. My thyroid also took quite a while to recover. All in all, given the total loss (8 pounds or so), it just was not worth it to me.

I'm having a much better time with Clen. It's simple and predictable. Diet still locked down fairly well. Redistributed macro's a bit to get more fats and fat loss picked up.
When I ran it, I did not have the issues you did, just some intolerable heat (probably, because I went up to 800 for a couple days). However, the results were pretty much the same. I have found that if you know how to manipulate your diet and training and supplement with clen and eca you can easily lose just as much body fat when you are on the leaner side. I think if you are on the fatter side, DNP will probably take it off faster.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
When I ran it, I did not have the issues you did, just some intolerable heat (probably, because I went up to 800 for a couple days). However, the results were pretty much the same. I have found that if you know how to manipulate your diet and training and supplement with clen and eca you can easily lose just as much body fat when you are on the leaner side. I think if you are on the fatter side, DNP will probably take it off faster.
Yeah some people love it and some hate it. Ive ran it a few times and wont do it again. I am on the heavier side and yes I lost weight and quite fast.
I did not have the side effects that @beefnewton had but I was extremely tired and sweating constantly. Def towards the end I didn't feel like I had the energy to do anything.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic