Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Shoulder surgery BPC157/TB500 log

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Not sure how this is gonna look but thought others might get something out of it

surgery tomorrow to repair 3 rotator tears, trim the bursa, fix long head bicep tendon tear and a labrum tear using bone anchors and collagen patches ..

height 5'10
weight 218
BF est 18 %
age 59

haven't been as active since the injury weight is up about 6 #

Current HR 82 BPM
BP 124/78

Using 350 mcg per day
TB 500 starting at 10 mg divided into 3 pokes a week

as always ideas, thoughts, "what are you crazy? s are all welcome

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not sure how this is gonna look but thought others might get something out of it

surgery tomorrow to repair 3 rotator tears . . . . as always ideas, thoughts, "what are you crazy? s are all welcome
My thoughts remember the full page ads advising 120/70 was an ideal BP to strive for ... later revised to 130/80 would be ok too, esp. for older folks.

YOU report 130/85 while looking some surgery in the eye ........ and a relatively low 90bpm pinning yourself closer to surgery?!

You wanna live forever?!

Please update this thread so we can learn from you :)

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
a little more than 2 weeks out of surgery....

the procedure lasted 1.5 hours longer than expected.... the long head bicep tendon had torn through and retracted, he did manage to find it and stapled it back to where it would assist in raising the arm.
the supraspinatus tendon had ripped clean off the bone, he anchored it with three hooks drilled into the bone, then repaied two other tears using sutures and collogen patches. he then ground down the acromion bone and cleaned up burrs on the humeral head to make more room in the joint. Lastly, he repaired a tear in the labrum. was going to be done by scope with 4 holes, woke up with 8 holes and a 2–3-inch incision.

The pain initially was an 8 out of ten after the nerve block was removed, but still nothing like the knee replacement. Was off the Oxy in 5 days and off the Tylenol 750's in a week. so far all they want me doing is "dangling" and swaying the arm limply (no muscle inclusion) by weight transfer through the hips. The arm, when dangled will not get to 90 degrees I think it gets to about 80... PT is gonna be fun. Pain now is a dull ache or nothing. the biggest pain is having to wear the torture devise even when i sleep. Thanks for the recliner suggestion, it has been golden .

The peaks in BP coincide with days where I pin both the 157 and 500

BP has been consistently between 125 -132 / 75-90

weight this morning was 216.4 I am looking fluffy and soft... kinda sucks....

Anecdotal observation....at my first post op appointment 8 days after surgery the surgeon commented on how nicely the swelling had gone down... I'll take that as a positive.. arm feels good but very tight through the delts and upper arm... so far so good

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
My thoughts remember the full page ads advising 120/70 was an ideal BP to strive for ... later revised to 130/80 would be ok too, esp. for older folks.

YOU report 130/85 while looking some surgery in the eye ........ and a relatively low 90bpm pinning yourself closer to surgery?!

You wanna live forever?!

Please update this thread so we can learn from you :)
I've kept myself pretty active even as I'm getting older I think my ticker is in a pretty good place

I think having gone through the knee replacement I was less anxious with this one so that might be the reason the BPM was fairly regular. I have a beautiful spouse of 40 years who has waited our whole marriage with me working 60 to 70 hours per week. I need to live long enough to pay her back...lol

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Had the first PT appointment this morning. They were very surprised at how well the incisions had heeled, completely smooth, very little scaring and very supple to the touch.... could this be attributed to the TB 500??? HMMMMM????

Swelling has been non-existent since week 2, today, even after an hour of poking and prodding there was no noticeable external swelling ... BPC 157?

observations are again anecdotal as I have no means of comparison or a control reference ...

They are making me follow the massive tear/reconstruction protocols
surgery Jan 10th
Feb 1 PT. passive assisted motion
Feb 8th remove metal spacers and stays from the brace.
March 1st re eval. discard brace for sling
June 1st first body weight un assisted ROM therapy
July 10th weighted therapy
PT twice a week until Aug.

Long road....

BP 125/78 pre therapy 158/99 post therapy..lol
today was a both pinned day

so amazing to me how quickly your body can atrophy (maybe that's not the right word) the stiffness in seemingly unrelated body parts (wrist, elbow, bicep) surprised me. The motion of laying on your back with elbow at 90 degrees, finger up at the ceiling, then flattening out the arm while supinating the wrist almost brought a tear to the eye. Today was all about measuring various degrees of bend and tilt and such in different positions. By all accounts she seemed very happy even amazed at one particular measurement. The pain was worth it to get the 20 min shoulder massage and manipulation, felt so good letting that arm get stretched and moved..... I'm a little worried though... everyone kept walking by calling my PT Mean Jen..lol, probably perfect for a thick-headed old gym rat.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
readin a1, keep er up.....sorry for the hassle
Thanks Trip... after all you been through these last few years I got no reason for a beef... I hope I handle this with Trip style and grace...

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
fwiw, IMHO, folks who train and eat right probably heal 2-3 times faster than others.....sure blood flow is part of iet

I am still ???? on the sarms though, sure it does make a diff tho;ugh

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Time for the weekly update..

BP 128 / 80
BPM 78

That little spike on days where pinning both seems to have leveled out... today was such a day and I'm barely elevated.

Had PT on Monday, its still more of a massage session than PT. They measured a bunch again and she was pleased that there was an increase in ROM based on the last measures. Nothing earth shattering to report. Pain is negligible even after the PT. I know this will change in March. One oddity was that the PT noticed that one of the probe incisions was elevated. she swabbed it with alcohol and used a probe thingy, there was a little blood and puss but she removed a small piece of suture left in it... cool.. didn't call the surgeon just did it herself. Then she said If I felt I should tell someone I should remember that pics of me using pink weights could find there way onto the internet...lol... I like this girl....

Thats really it... If the 157/500 combo is doing anything I can't really say. I do know that I feel good and they say I'm ahead of schedule on the measured markers... so... there ya go

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic