Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

First Run of DNP

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Been around 13-14% body fat for quite a while now. Macro's are locked in, and I just have not been able to push it lower. I could decrease calories more and keep chugging for a few months, but then how much more muscle would I lose? Have managed to actually reverse the trend of muscle loss while being in deficit for over the past year and hate going back to losing it. I'm not carrying around boulders so what little I have, I have absolutely busted my ass for it and find myself unwilling to sacrifice more of what precious little I've managed to gain. Anyway, decided instead to try a run of DNP and am posting a log. It's an old bottle of Dinitro's crystalline DNP... 250mg caps. Will post in chunks since Xenforo doesn't let you edit after a while, and I don't want to clutter up the "latest posts" for a single day's information. I've waffled back and forth over a decision to increase but have decided to just stay at 250mg for the duration. Will add another entry next weekend.

1672511435134.png

Last edited:
beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
i'd have to guess the additional vascularity is from the fat loss..keep up the good work!
Thanks! Yea I've got this one vein on my stomach that disappeared a few months back when I had bumped my calories up a bit thinking I needed them (I didn't). It finally showed back up. Plus I've got veins popping out on the backs of my calves too.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Question, why not eat fruit like blueberries for the antioxidant benefits rather than supplement with glucose tabs?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's just what I had on hand. I didn't really think about it, because I needed something for that workout. However, I like that idea because the glucose tabs are not clean. I think they're made of some derivative of corn, to which I am absolutely sensitive. You think I can get usable carbs out of those intra-workout? I needed about two tablets around every 15-20 minutes it seemed. Still kind of bonked at tail end but was a good workout overall.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Gotcha, yeah I understand. I had a lot of success with DNP. For my past run, I incorporated a decent amount of fruit. Particularly blueberries and strawberries. Never used glucose tabs, but I’ve heard of others using them while on DNP.

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
This is a really good and detailed log. I like it.
I have ran DNP in the past a couple times in emergencies went I really needed to drop some fat that I just couldn't get rid of before a couple comps years ago.
Don't forget just that DNP typically causes water retention. You will see all the good results post-cycle.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Question, why not eat fruit like blueberries for the antioxidant benefits rather than supplement with glucose tabs?
DNP will lower the blood sugar, for the most part. going to have some of those drops in sugar. Im T1D so I always have glucose on hand so Im used to it. From what I've seen, the fruits are great, I would recommend eating them throughout the day for more of an ongoing supplement. When that sugar tanks tho, theres really nothing better than the glucose tabs other than a regular soda (which aint really the best for health wise). The glucose tabs have saved my life more times than I can count compared to food...its going to get in there quicker.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
It's just what I had on hand. I didn't really think about it, because I needed something for that workout. However, I like that idea because the glucose tabs are not clean. I think they're made of some derivative of corn, to which I am absolutely sensitive. You think I can get usable carbs out of those intra-workout? I needed about two tablets around every 15-20 minutes it seemed. Still kind of bonked at tail end but was a good workout overall.
wouldnt really resort to the tabs unless youre sugar is dropping. if you're exhausted, thats going to be normal. there would be a couple of options that might help, just depends on how you want to include them in your daily macros. with the DNP, have a little something to help wont really hurt unless you're looking at prepping for a show. wiht the increased in the sugar/carb, youre going to end up burning it

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I meant to ask u beef. What happened when you tried the T3? I know u tried T4 as well. Did u run them together or try them by themselves? I recently added in that T4 to my T3 and soon remembered why I hate the stuff. Lol. Just feel super anxious and just not myself. T3 only, I feel totally normal. What happened?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I meant to ask u beef. What happened when you tried the T3? I know u tried T4 as well. Did u run them together or try them by themselves? I recently added in that T4 to my T3 and soon remembered why I hate the stuff. Lol. Just feel super anxious and just not myself. T3 only, I feel totally normal. What happened?
The insomnia was brutal with the T3. I actually don't recall trying T4, though I think there was some I tried years ago in that care package I sent you along with the leftover T3. There was another reason I didn't like the T3, too, but I can't remember. I didn't try it for long, and for some reason I didn't try to titrate the dosage like I normally do with other things I experiment. I can't give you a good answer. I think I was just so strung out from lack of sleep I said fuck it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic