Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Been gone for a while, but I’m back.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Hey peeps, I’ve been off the forums for a while now. Back at the end of November I came down with Covid which led to full blown bi-Lateral pneumonia due to complications from Covid. I had to be transported to the emergency room where I was literally told by the doctor there that I would die if I didn’t allow them to intubate me. My wife stood crying beside me as he said this and pleaded with me to let them save me. They then moved me to another room without my wife present where I assume they were going to shove the tube down my throat. I turned to the respiratory therapist in the room with me, pulled the bi-pap mask from my face and told her that I do not give permission to intubate me. I was told that they could not leave me on the bi-pap and I told her I wasn’t asking to be left on the bi-pap. I told her to take me down to whatever was the next level below the bi-pap, so she put me on an air-vo machine. When she switched me she gave me some coaching on breathing through my nose and exhaling from my mouth. She told me that my oxygen levels needed to be maintained above 90% or they need to intubate me. After switching me over my oxygen levels dropped to 86%, but by focusing on my breathing I was able to get it up to 90%. Anytime it dropped below 90% an alarm would sound and I’d go to work concentrating on my breathing to get it back up. They moved me to ICU where I spent 5 days before getting moved to a regular room. When I first got to the hospital I was told I’d be there for at least two weeks, but I ended up getting released after spending 8 days there. All of the doctors kept telling me that my recovery was incredibly remarkable. All of this has taken a huge toll on my body though as I’ve lost well over 20 lbs of muscle. I’m still taking prednisone, but will finish up with it within the coming week. Once I’m finished with all the meds I’ll start trying to get back into physically fit condition. I apologize for this long post, I’m just happy I’m still here to make this post. When they carried me out of my home to take me to the hospital, I honestly doubted that I’d be returning home.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Wow what a story. Glad you pulled throw & good to see you back. Best of luck to you reaching your goals after what you have been through! Pretty scary deal.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
When it rains it pours. The last few days I’ve been having severe pain in my right calf muscle. Called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital emergency room. So I went this evening and they did an ultrasound which revealed that I have multiple blood clots in my calf. I’ve been prescribed a blood thinner that I will need to take for a couple of months.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Sorry to hear you're going through all that man. Glad you pulled through and hanging in there strong.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Good to see you back I have still have severe ptsd from when they intubated me once

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Good to see you back I have still have severe ptsd from when they intubated me once
Thanks Tren, I can’t wait till I get over this and can start slinging iron to the beat of “Funky Town” again.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Dam, glad you are feeling better. That's scary.
DVT is scary and very painful! Hopefully the blood thinner will dissolve these clots quickly and I won’t have any other health issues come up.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Damn! That is rough. I bet it really sucked to sleep, as your oxygen probably dropped each time.

Positive vibes that the blood thinner does what is supposed to do.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Welcome back brother glad you’re on the mend.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic