Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Empty stomach cardio

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
Id like to know different strategies that you guys use to end up in a calorie deficit, I personally have a protein shake with some grapefruit, as soon as I wake up to start building muscle, then I do the cardio for 30 min. I usually do 30 min twice daily on cardio days. I've heard a lot of people saying empty stomach cardio is better. I'm also hearing that calories in calories out is all that matters. please share your experience and or methods to attack fat thank you

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Building muscle/ cardio (especially 2X) and calorie deficit have never been synonymous in my experience.

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
Building muscle/ cardio (especially 2X) and calorie deficit have never been synonymous in my experience.
Is this up until a certain bodyfat percentage or are you saying that building muscle and looseing fat at the same time is nearly impossible across the board?

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
Is this up until a certain bodyfat percentage or are you saying that building muscle and looseing fat at the same time is nearly impossible across the board?
From my understanding If you have water protein and an energy source (fat) you can build muscle and loose fat

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
From my understanding If you have water protein and an energy source (fat) you can build muscle and loose fat
Sound silly but I'm also hearing not all calories are created equal like fat from an avocado vs fat from mayonnaise

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Eat less and/or do more cardio is how you end up in calorie deficit. Not really any other way to say it.

Yes, cardio on an empty stomach is better than cardio with food in your stomach; think glucose and insulin.

Calories would all be the same if they were in a vacuum. However, calories have different impacts on hormones, so they are not all equal. How they impact those hormones can be dependent on the individual as well. Best thing you can do is make an educated guess as to how they will impact you based off the experience of others and adjust as needed.

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Fasted cardio is really only way for me personally (morning cardio) to lose bf and have the ability to not gain muscle but maintain muscle.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
IMO cardio is good for your heart health and that’s it. Did u know that 30min of LISS is equal to a slice of white bread? Just don’t eat the bread! Now HITT on the other hand can do a bit more than that because it will keep your heart rate elevated much longer than the workout and increase metabolism I believe. Only time I do fasted LISS cardio is with hgh. Helps increase the usage of your bodyfat for energy during the cardio.

As far as loading bodyfat and building muscle at the same time. it’s impossible unless you’re new to training. Or with a lot drugs. Even then it’s more realistic to increase mass while keeping BF the same. But who wants to do that? Gains will be slower and trickier because you will have to tweak your calories just right to be in a slight surplus. But you could easily dip below maintenance if not careful and not gain anything. So most intermediate and advanced lifters will either bulk or cutt. It’s a lot easier to maintain a surplus or deficit and make adjustments when BF start’s accumulating too fast on a bulk or too fast on a cut (and losing muscle). From my understanding you shouldn’t lose more than 1.5lb a week on a cut or u will start losing too much muscle. 1lb ideally if u have the time. If not enhanced that is. Drugs always change things.

Imo a calorie is a calorie only if eating the same foods. You eat less of what you were eating then yes you will lose weight. However, if you go from say a carnivore diet at say 4000 calories a day and switch to a carb rich diet of say 3000 calories you may find yourself not losing any weight. Right @gunslinger! Your maintenance calories depend on what foods you are eating and u will need to figure that out as U experiment with different diet strategies.

Last edited:
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
IMO cardio is good for your heart health and that’s it. Did u know that 30min of LISS is equal to a slice of white bread? Just don’t eat the bread! Now HITT on the other hand can do a bit more than that because it will keep your heart rate elevated much longer than the workout and increase metabolism I believe. Only time I do fasted LISS cardio is with hgh. Helps increase the usage of your bodyfat for energy during the cardio.

As far as loading bodyfat and building muscle at the same time. it’s impossible unless you’re new to training. Or with a lot drugs. Even then it’s more realistic to increase mass while keeping BF the same. But who wants to do that? Gains will be slower and trickier because you will have to tweak your calories just right to be in a slight surplus. But you could easily dip below maintenance if not careful and not gain anything. So most intermediate and advanced lifters will either bulk or cutt. It’s a lot easier to maintain a surplus or deficit and make adjustments when BF start’s accumulating too fast on a bulk or too fast on a cut (and losing muscle). From my understanding you shouldn’t lose more than 1.5lb a week on a cut or u will start losing too much muscle. 1lb ideally if u have the time. If not enhanced that is. Drugs always change things.

Imo a calorie is a calorie only if eating the same foods. You eat less of what you were eating then yes you will lose weight. However, if you go from say a carnivore diet at say 4000 calories a day and switch to a carb rich diet of say 3000 calories you may find yourself not losing any weight. Right @gunslinger! Your maintenance calories depend on what foods you are eating and u will need to figure that out as U experiment with different diet strategies.
Except you cannot look at LISS as just calories burned. What about the impact to stored glycogen and its impact on insulin, cortisol, SHBG, etc... That is where most of its fat burning qualities come from. You are 100% correct if you were just looking at calories burned. It would be easier just to cut out a slice of bread or 1/2 a cup of rice.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Except you cannot look at LISS as just calories burned. What about the impact to stored glycogen and its impact on insulin, cortisol, SHBG, etc... That is where most of its fat burning qualities come from. You are 100% correct if you were just looking at calories burned. It would be easier just to cut out a slice of bread or 1/2 a cup of rice.
That’s true. Never thought about it like that.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Someone’s been listening to Muscle Minds! I missed this one. Listening now!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic