Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Okay I give up. I don't know what I'm doing. Can any of you give me a training program that...

• Thread starter Funny_Asian_Man
  • Start Date
Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Ah, I see.

And 300 grams of protein a day is still the recommended amount even for natural dudes? That sounds insanely excessive bro. lol. For naturals, at least.

I was able to deadlift 455 pounds when I was a teenager with much less protein than that.

Either way, I'm banking on Gbagh's recommendations.

EDIT: I can push the budget up all the way to 500 bucks a month (even though I wouldn't like it) but not a penny more. Hopefully it won't come to that.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ah, I see.

And 300 grams of protein a day is still the recommended amount even for natural dudes? That sounds insanely excessive bro. lol. For naturals, at least.

I was able to deadlift 455 pounds when I was a teenager with much less protein than that.
It is an average to move up and down from as needed.

As for deadlifting and protein consumption. Doesn't mean anything at that weight. Not knocking you, just doesn't correlate. Now if you want to deadlift (conventional, not sumo) big weight you will need to eat a lot of protein, because you will need to build a lot of muscle. Now if you are going to just sumo deadlift you can pretty much hit 700-800 lbs without being strong at all.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
It is an average to move up and down from as needed.

As for deadlifting and protein consumption. Doesn't mean anything at that weight. Not knocking you, just doesn't correlate. Now if you want to deadlift (conventional, not sumo) big weight you will need to eat a lot of protein, because you will need to build a lot of muscle. Now if you are going to just sumo deadlift you can pretty much hit 700-800 lbs without being strong at all.

Shit, you and your friends must be in some kind of super-gym or whatever. lol.

But yeah, I see. Thanks.

Also, damn. lol. A sumo puller who can do 800 is weak. lmao. I wonder what sumo pullers will think of that. XD

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Shit, you and your friends must be in some kind of super-gym or whatever. lol.

But yeah, I see. Thanks.

Also, damn. lol. A sumo puller who can do 800 is weak. lmao. I wonder what sumo pullers will think of that. XD
I watch guys pull 800 lbs sumo that struggle with 500 lbs conventional. Not all, but there are a lot of them out there. Go look on IG.

Also, if powerlifting is something you are really looking at getting into then you need to find a gym where there are strong people. The big fish in a little pond eventually stops growing, because the pond is too small to sustain them. Go where the other big fish are to grow.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
An Asian on food stamps?

Your parents are very disappointed.

Have they disowned you yet?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I think some wise ass Vet is trolling and this "fat guy" story is some messing with the board...

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
I think some wise ass Vet is trolling and this "fat guy" story is some messing with the board...

In my intro thread, I posted a video of myself. lol. I'm sincere.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Any program can do this with the right intensity and progression.
Bill Starr 5x5
Jim Wendler 5/3/1... Etc...

Hell, any basic Pro-Split (or bro-split as they call it) will work. The program you like the most, will be the most effective one. And abs are made in the kitchen...

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Any program can do this with the right intensity and progression.
Bill Starr 5x5
Jim Wendler 5/3/1... Etc...

Hell, any basic Pro-Split (or bro-split as they call it) will work. The program you like the most, will be the most effective one. And abs are made in the kitchen...

lol. Bill Starr would probably work great for me and my purposes, but look bro... One of my favorite training programs is Doug Hepburn's. He was an Olympic champion weightlifter back in the fifties. But even his two-days-a-week version of his training program is exhausting as hell. It's still a sort of bulking program even with that low frequency. That's the program I like the most but its volume is ridiculously high. Literally every workout can take up to three hours of my time...

So maybe Bill Starr would work the best. Much less volume, I think.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ever thought of doing any cardio? Just putting that out there...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic