Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Brittney Griner Release

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
This one really pisses me off. Stupid, entitled, greedy professional basketball player thinks she's special and can get away with smuggling THC vape cartridges into Russia, a country we have horrible relations with and who are looking, for lack of a better description, high visibility hostages. She played right into their hands, and damaged our country as a result.

I would not have made any sort of deal for her alone. Maybe her and Paul Whelan, but her alone? She did it to herself, let her rot in prison under the laws of another country.

I've never had any sympathy for people who don't understand that in another country, you are a foreigner and nothing more, subject to whatever laws that country has on the books. I can't tell you the number of people in Mexico who get in trouble because they have no respect for a foreign country's laws, customs, culture, courtesy, etc. The phrase "ugly American" didn't come out of nowhere. They think, "I'm an American, USA laws apply to me". Uh, no.

Have a friend who works at a Consulate in Mexico relatively nearby to where our house was. The stories he told of entitled Americans demanding to speak with their Congressman because they got arrested in Mexico.....numerous.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The thing that pisses me off the most about this and I am going to stop caring here in a minute, just because I want to save my own mental health, is that this administration continues to say, "wrongfully detained." It makes the US look arrogant and stupid.

She broke the law in Russia and was punished under Russian law. She did not receive a penalty that was outside what Russian law allowed.

Guess what? If she did the same thing coming into the US with those items, she would have broken our laws too. Granted, we would not have thrown her in jail for it, but under our laws she could have received a similar punishment.

I have traveled to a lot of countries, including Russia and China. One of the first things the embassy told us, if you get into trouble here there is nothing we can do for you. You are on your own and will be subject to their system. We understood this, so we were on our best behavior.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
A spy who was dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corp for larceny and an athlete who traveled to another country and was too arrogant to honor the other's country's laws and brought in a banned substance.

I have a hard time caring about this issue. Like you said, when in Rome.

The politics of this is so on the nose. If Biden had also gotten Paul Whelan out, the right would be saying "how could you negotiate for the release of a dishonorable discharged Marine? Just leave him there. He's not even a pure American. He holds 4 different citizenships!" But since Biden did not get Whelan out, the right attacks Biden on it.

BTW, Trump watched Whelan rot in a Russian prison for 2 years and the right wing said nothing. I demand that the right wingers attack Trump on this issue.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
How many other low profile Americans are in prison in other countries? 1000s? As said obey the laws and whatever you do be courteous as your citizenship gives you no rights in the country. I don't even know the story on the marine. Never really was in the news until the THC queen was detained.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Remember when Michael Fay was caned in Singapore for committing theft and vandalism and people in the U.S. lost their minds?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Remember when Michael Fay was caned in Singapore for committing theft and vandalism and people in the U.S. lost their minds?
Was he the one that was punished for bubble gum?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yep. When we were in Singapore they told us not to fuck around or we would find out, real quick.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I really like drinking with Russians. They are very good drinkers and most of them are really really smart and have great stories and so do I so fun times. Plus Putin plays Judo just like me.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
A spy who was dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corp for larceny and an athlete who traveled to another country and was too arrogant to honor the other's country's laws and brought in a banned substance.

I have a hard time caring about this issue. Like you said, when in Rome.

The politics of this is so on the nose. If Biden had also gotten Paul Whelan out, the right would be saying "how could you negotiate for the release of a dishonorable discharged Marine? Just leave him there. He's not even a pure American. He holds 4 different citizenships!" But since Biden did not get Whelan out, the right attacks Biden on it.

BTW, Trump watched Whelan rot in a Russian prison for 2 years and the right wing said nothing. I demand that the right wingers attack Trump on this issue.
LMAO, everything to you is the "EVIL RIGHT" haha you have a deep seated love/lust for conservatives and they pervade your thoughts 24/7 it is beyond hilarious you poor suffering bastard.
And always with Trump this or that as well, do you have a pics of him all around as you obviously are fascinated with this guy,
Let it go man perhaps you can pick on Abe Lincoln or any other Ex President for a while......C'mon Lefty let's hear it..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic