Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any body want a job at Buc ees?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
We have one about 30 mins from me. I go every chance I get.

As for what they pay, thats not much considering the cost of food (almost double what it was 2 years ago), gas (exactly double what it was two years ago) and rent (3 times what it was 2 years ago) these days. If someone offered me $15 an hour for pretty much anything I'd tell them to get fucked unless I was starving to death. My wife pulls about 60k a year and I make $40 per hour and we are barely middle class now.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
We have one about 30 mins from me. I go every chance I get.

As for what they pay, thats not much considering the cost of food (almost double what it was 2 years ago), gas (exactly double what it was two years ago) and rent (3 times what it was 2 years ago) these days. If someone offered me $15 an hour for pretty much anything I'd tell them to get fucked unless I was starving to death. My wife pulls about 60k a year and I make $40 per hour and we are barely middle class now.
Lol yes we drove to Florida to see family and I laughed when I saw the price of gas at one station on the way down it was $3.35 ..that's what I used to make an hour at 16 years old. Gas was 70 cents a gallon. I told the manager I needed a raise to a 5 gallon an hour.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
We have them around here and we usually stop if we are travelling.
So much of their stuff is good. Im hope they are making a killing.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That is high for a car wash manager. I did it years ago and was lucky to get 60 a year.

The chemicals to wash the cars run anywhere from $.75 to $1.50, may be a little higher now.

The job requires being an electrician, plumber and auto locksmith. You also need a masters in "jerry rigging", lol

If you have to call someone for repairs, you're on the wrong business. No cutting torch or welder so that's about the only acception.

Glad to see the pay going up for that job. That kind of pay would also mean a steady 500 to 700 cars per day.
When I started college I got a job at UPS. I was too skinny to sling packages so they put me in the carwash. It would have been fun except cold and being wet. I worked my ass off for a whole year as they kept me on after the seasonal push for Xmas. Then I became a yard shifter so I drove the package cars around. But damn I had the best defined abs of my life and my shoulders were bulbous from scrubbing with those giant brushes. I was getting $10 hr when mnimum wage was $3.75. I wrked part time and made as much as my full time pals.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I can’t believe it. $125k for assistant manager. Haha sign me up. I haven’t been to Bucee’s since I left Texas. The place is always packed.

Just for S’s and G’s I went to their job page and they had 3 Assistant General managers jobs which start at 100k. All the other jobs listed were between $16 & $31 an hour.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Lol yes we drove to Florida to see family and I laughed when I saw the price of gas at one station on the way down it was $3.35 ..that's what I used to make an hour at 16 years old. Gas was 70 cents a gallon. I told the manager I needed a raise to a 5 gallon an hour.
Here is what I think is funny. When I was a cop back in 99 I made $16 per hour and the job maxed out at around $19.50 back then gas was $1.40 per gallon and you would buy 5 dozen eggs, 10 pounds of chicken and 10 pounds of beef for $40. Around here a cops make about $20 per hour. and that same amount of food will cost about $90 IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND THE BEEF. You could also find a very nice place for around $500 per month. Those places are going for $1,200-1,500 now.

Weird

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
That’s right off i10 east , beach express lol. I’ve been to that bucees many a time, mainly for the brisket breakfast burrito. The pay looks good but I’ve asked current and former employees about the job. They have high turnovers and , although the pay is good, they will slave you.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
When I started college I got a job at UPS. I was too skinny to sling packages so they put me in the carwash. It would have been fun except cold and being wet. I worked my ass off for a whole year as they kept me on after the seasonal push for Xmas. Then I became a yard shifter so I drove the package cars around. But damn I had the best defined abs of my life and my shoulders were bulbous from scrubbing with those giant brushes. I was getting $10 hr when mnimum wage was $3.75. I wrked part time and made as much as my full time pals.
Damn, $10 was a good deal. Must have been non cooperate locally owned. Some places realized no one would stay back there with tips on the front.

The guys out front were barely making $10 with tips when min wage was around $4.

Some places started pooling tips so they wouldn't have to pay more. The guys up front were always pocketing tips anyways. It was a bad, pain in the ass transition because the guys up front were taking a pay cut to pay the guys in the back more.

They have just about eliminated the full service car washes in my area now. They have moved to wash and free vacuum it yourself locations. Sounds a lot easier than fucking around with 40 or 50 employees. Labor kills a carwash anyways.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic