Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

I'm starting a new chapter in my life. What's your advice?

• Thread starter Funny_Asian_Man
  • Start Date
Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Hi.

College semester is almost over. Just two weeks. Thank heavens. So much hard work finally paying off.

College life is done. I'm starting a new chapter in my life. I'll dedicate my remaining years in the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting and be competitive at the master's division. I'm thirty-one years old right now and have much wisdom. I believe I have figured out the optimal training in order for me to reach my goal. I'll do it drug-free.

I have my hobbies to keep me sane in the process.

What is your general life advice for me?

Thank you.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Just realize it is going from the pressures of college to the pressures of a job. After that just enjoy life and save every penny you can until it hurts now so when you are 60 and you see you have $150,000 to retire on in 5 years you do not realize you should have saved better.

These young people do not know how to save. They bitch about low pay and how they cannot say but get a new iphone every time it comes out and a large (I refuse to use their stupid sizes in voice or print) triple mocha frappe latte cappuccino for $9 every day.

Congrats on finishing school. Now go make a bunch of $$$ and save it! HAHA

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
If you're 31 and have wisdom, you'll focus on getting a solid job, and training in your spare time. Time to grow up, get your shit together, set some professional and personal goals, and put together an action plan to achieve both.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Do your best to avoid the debt trap and work towards financial literacy.
It's real easy to wind up in a position where you have nice things but lay awake every night wondering how you're going to pay for it all.

Don't waste your energy investing into people who can't be bothered to invest in you.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Do your best to avoid the debt trap and work towards financial literacy.
It's real easy to wind up in a position where you have nice things but lay awake every night wondering how you're going to pay for it all.

Don't waste your energy investing into people who can't be bothered to invest in you.

Great advice Iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
General life advice is pretty broad and vague.
In general, love what you do and do what you love.
Find the time to have fun and decompress....it is hard to find that balance.

I'm not sure what your college degree is or what profession you are going into. But look to constantly be a student in life in whatever you do. either work professionally or even in lifting. Just when you think you know a lot (or even think you know it all), you learn more. In learning more, you can grow more as a person in general and that also helps in your profession as well.

Good luck in anything you do, Give it 110%! and it will pay off.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Hi.

College semester is almost over. Just two weeks. Thank heavens. So much hard work finally paying off.

College life is done. I'm starting a new chapter in my life. I'll dedicate my remaining years in the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting and be competitive at the master's division. I'm thirty-one years old right now and have much wisdom. I believe I have figured out the optimal training in order for me to reach my goal. I'll do it drug-free.

I have my hobbies to keep me sane in the process.

What is your general life advice for me?

Thank you.

Don't trust the companies your might work for. Have no loyalty to any employer. Your boss is your enemy and he's there to try and squeeze as much work from you as he can for as little compensation as he can get away with. Once you're worked out, burnt out and fried to a crisp mentally and emotionally the company will toss you out and find somebody younger and cheaper. The company may even try to railroad you so they have justification to get rid of you. Also, keep your ideas for improving things to yourself. Sharing improvements with companies your work for will just lead the companies to steal from you.

Keep your good ideas to yourself and monetize them.

The same goes for patriotism. Worry about yourself and your loved ones. This country doesn't care about it's people. Don't place your faith in America and don't be a naïve optimist. Only fools put there faith in America.

Work on yourself and put yourself and your loved ones first.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
It's a cliche, but if you have a job you love you'll never work a day in your life. If you are happy at your job, you'll be happy at home.

Debt. As others have pointed out....don't do it. Never charge anything on a credit card which you can't pay off in full every month. If you can't pay cash, then you can't afford it. Along those lines....vehicles. It is fine to have a loan on a car, but it you need a loan for a car, then you need to buy a used car, not a brand new one. I drove shit used cars until I could afford to pay cash for a new one. Homes. Everyone seems to buy bigger than they need......figure out what you need and buy it. Spending money on rent is a total waste. Buy a condo or house and you are building equity, while paying rent is money spent you will never see again. Also, as a homeowner, you get many writeoffs.

Don't be afraid to try new things. Most people change careers 3-4 times during their lifetime (I had 3). If you are feeling burnt out and trapped, time to get out. Money isn't everything.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Thank you everyone.

That advice about never trusting America is new to me. lmao.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
I did not start learning until after the indoctrination schools. Something always felt off the things we were getting told. A lot of it did not make since so little by little I started to go down the rabbit hole only to realize this world we live is one hundred percent fabricated and useless. It was very noticeable after completing a four year undergraduate education. If you want to call it an education. This is designed for a docile population. No real knowledge is given and the only real knowledge left is fragmented. I'd say try to snapped out of it and pay attention to the details reading between the lines.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic