Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Can I become this freakishly conditioned with the right diet?

• Thread starter Funny_Asian_Man
  • Start Date
Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Old school bodybuilder Bobby Pandour:

1669872770272.png

I've had a lot of strength feats in my life, but I do want to, for the first time, achieve some kind of natural "getting ripped in under X months" feat. The guy above is drug-free but I do wonder if his conditioning is an anomaly or something achievable with a rock-solid diet. I definitely cannot match his upper-body but there no reason I can't shred my legs like that. I'm a super-strong squatter.

If it's achievable, what kind of diet and training regimen do you recommend for it? And how many weeks of cutting phase are we looking at here?

I'm currently a lard-ass. lol.

Thanks.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah if you have the genetics for it. A perfect diet and training routine may net that. Some people no matter how good their diet or training will ever come close to that. Only way to find out is to try. If you do, let us know.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
No matter how many drugs one stacks, the bottom line is always diet.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Yeah if you have the genetics for it. A perfect diet and training routine may net that. Some people no matter how good their diet or training will ever come close to that. Only way to find out is to try. If you do, let us know.

I'm about to get started with it in like two weeks. I'm a pathetic little man who still lives with his mom, but after her and I finish off the current stuff in our freezer, I'm doing my own shopping from then on. I no longer have any excuses at that point.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I'm about to get started with it in like two weeks. I'm a pathetic little man who still lives with his mom, but after her and I finish off the current stuff in our freezer, I'm doing my own shopping from then on. I no longer have any excuses at that point.
Sounds like a plan. Nothing pathetic about living at home unless you are old and don't work. My boy is in his early 20s and lives at home even though he makes 2X as much as me at work. He saves and invests well over $100 grand a year. Save your $, invest now so you can retire early later.

Also an unsolicited piece of advice for diet. Do a meal prep on Sunday for the week. Way easier to stay on target doing that. My son and I work together for our food for the week sans dinner as I cook that fresh every night. You can do breakfast and lunch as well as snacks for the week in a couple hours. Good luck.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
A lot of these guys from the bronze age were hand to hand acrobats. They had a very very clean diet. look up Bronze Age on youtube.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Sounds like a plan. Nothing pathetic about living at home unless you are old and don't work. My boy is in his early 20s and lives at home even though he makes 2X as much as me at work. He saves and invests well over $100 grand a year. Save your $, invest now so you can retire early later.

Also an unsolicited piece of advice for diet. Do a meal prep on Sunday for the week. Way easier to stay on target doing that. My son and I work together for our food for the week sans dinner as I cook that fresh every night. You can do breakfast and lunch as well as snacks for the week in a couple hours. Good luck.

Thanks bud.

I actually don't work. I have worked lots of jobs in the past, but my disability kept getting in the way. Thankfully, right now, I receive "SSI", which is income for disabled people. I still go to college though.

Again, thanks.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yes.

Type of diet - eat less calories than you need. Training - just train hard. Length of time - depends.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
That guy is ripped, but not ridiculously ripped. I believe that almost anyone can achieve that level of conditioning.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
That guy is ripped, but not ridiculously ripped. I believe that almost anyone can achieve that level of conditioning.
Agreed. While genetics will always be a key factor that too many people underestimate while still others use as an excuse, for 95% of people what stops them from putting on a little muscle and getting shredded is simple willpower. After a few weeks brown rice, chicken breast, and egg whites just don’t do it for them psychologically. I’ll just cheat once, grab some Papa John’s….a few days later they see a 2 for $20 Applebees deal or a BOGO Tour of Italy commercial from Olive Garden and the idea of getting shredded was just a “silly idea” that they rationalize is impossible due to their metabolism, or maybe a fucked up thyroid, or genetics - “I’ll always be big boned, I was born this way.”

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
In my personal experience with dieting, it couldn't be static because my metabolism didn't stay static. Rather, it slowed over time, and so I needed to modify my diet to keep things moving.

So, IMO, it's important that you establish a modest caloric deficit, and target 1-2 pounds of fat loss per week. One you start to see that rate of fat loss tapering off, you'll likely need to cut your calories a bit more, up your cardio a bit more, or both, to keep things moving.

Some people will also alter their macros, as well. For example, running P/C/F at 40/30/30. and then dropping carbs for 3 days (e.g., from 30% of total calories down to 20% of total calories), doing a carb-up meal on day 4, and then dropping the carbs back down for another 3 days.

Don't be discouraged if you find your body fighting it as you get lean. Your body doesn't know you're dieting, as far as it knows, it's starving, and it starts to alter the metabolism to conserve energy. That's one reason it's important not to cut calories too drastically too soon, as you don't have that "knob" to turn later on as fat loss slows down a bit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic