Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Starting from ground zero

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Being new to training, just about any program is going to work for you. Less is more is going to keep you from burning out and those nagging injuries.

I would stop looking at being tall and lanky as harder to pack on the weight and look at like being tall and lanky means you can pack on more weight. My son had the same problem, 6' and wrestled 160 lbs in high school. Always complained in the gym that he could not grow, because he was not built like me (5'9"). I told him that is the wrong mindset and he has the potential to be a lot bigger than me, to train like a big guy and eat until you cannot eat anymore (not junk). Five months later he is 178 lbs and just as lean.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Probably shoupd used today as a rest day but I didn’t.

warmup
6 minute row
PVC stretching
Goblet squats 20# x 10 x 10 x 10
Kb halo 20# 10/10 7/7
Various stretching and foam rolled legs

ohp
Bar x5 x 5
25lbs x 5 x5 x7

chinups 2.5#
x8 x8

squat
Bar x 8 x8
Bar 10lbs x5 x5 x8

sideraises
15# x8x8

hanging leg raise
X8 x8

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Rest day
Stretching
Dead hang 30 seconds x2
Foam rolling
mobility work on ankles and shoulders

I need to start getting squared away with caloric intake as well as tightening down on macros. Some days it’s hard to keep up with but can’t use that as an excuse.

Greek yogurt /granola/ banana
protein shake/creatine
Roast beef sandwich from fresh market
Having 3 salmon filets and two large sweet potatoes for dinner
Protein pancakes with 2 eggs before bed / zero sugar syrup

i use a lot of olive oil when cooking
Plant butter

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ahhh... the old should have rested, but didn't day. I have a lot of those. Haha.

The food looks good. Of course, you would need to measure it out to make sure. My only concerns would be the sandwich, just because I never trust foods made by others, as you never really know what is in it and the zero sugar syrup. Some of those zero sugar foods almost cause the same glucose response as those with sugar. I would try some all by itself then measure your glucose levels to see if you get a spike. If you do then I would not have it before bed.

The oil will make a difference the leaner you get. If you get to a point you are really struggling to drop fat then it is an area you are going to have to address.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Ahhh... the old should have rested, but didn't day. I have a lot of those. Haha.

The food looks good. Of course, you would need to measure it out to make sure. My only concerns would be the sandwich, just because I never trust foods made by others, as you never really know what is in it and the zero sugar syrup. Some of those zero sugar foods almost cause the same glucose response as those with sugar. I would try some all by itself then measure your glucose levels to see if you get a spike. If you do then I would not have it before bed.

The oil will make a difference the leaner you get. If you get to a point you are really struggling to drop fat then it is an area you are going to have to address.
Amazon has the glucose testers for fairly cheap, I’ll snag one in the near future. Good idea man, thank you for that.

The weight I’m using doesn’t make it feel like I need a rest day sometimes and working out is kind of the highlight of my days right now. I keep wanting to make large jumps in weights but I also would like to get some opinions on form and also stay consistent with the program and increments.

Greek yogurt, granola , banana
8oz lean ground half can of pinto beans
Fucked around and what a burger but drank water
Protein shake adding a large spoon of peanut butter and 3/4 cup of yogurt
Creatine water
Gonna have chorizo and eggs for dinner

warmup
Kb halo
Kb squat
pvc stretch
Stretch legs, chest, shoulder mobility

ohp 25# 5 seconds up 5 seconds down x5 x5 x10

Chin-ups 5# x8 x8

squat
Barx5
Bar10# x5
25# x5 x5 x13

neck harness 12.5# x25 x25x25x25

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Ordered some micro plates so adding weight can stay more consistent.

skipped neck harness today. Neck is slightly sore from yesterday’s workout. Legs, back, and shoulders were all fine.

warmup
Stretching
Kb halos 10/10
Push-ups x20 x 15
Kb squats 20# x10x10
foam rolled legs hunting sore spots, found IT band. Fun

bench press
Bar x8 x8
Bar 5lbs x 5x5x 13
Really looking for the mind muscle connection and keeping strict form. Will post video soon for critique

curls 15#db x15x15
Trying to get blood pumped into the muscle for the first 7 reps, last 8 are 5 seconds up/down

Kb deadlift 45# x5x8
Deadlift bar 10# x 15

Yogurt, pineapple, half scoop protein
8oz beef half can pinto beans
Full scoop protein,yogurt,whole milk
Chorizo 3 eggs shredded potatoes
Red beans and rice with conecuh for dinner
May have microwave burritos for a snack somewhere in there….maybe.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Kind of glad I don't have What A Burger around me. I have only eaten fast food twice in the last two years and both times was What A Burger. Okay, one was What A Burger and Raisin' Canes. We grabbed What A Burger and on the way back to the Air B&B to eat it I seen Raisin' Canes and couldn't pass it up.

Training-recovery-diet are a fine balance. Worst part is they are a moving target. As you get stronger and push intensity you will need more of the others.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Kind of glad I don't have What A Burger around me. I have only eaten fast food twice in the last two years and both times was What A Burger. Okay, one was What A Burger and Raisin' Canes. We grabbed What A Burger and on the way back to the Air B&B to eat it I seen Raisin' Canes and couldn't pass it up.

Training-recovery-diet are a fine balance. Worst part is they are a moving target. As you get stronger and push intensity you will need more of the others.
We have foosackleys here, i have been pretty good at staying away from it but man is it tempting. Fast food isn’t something I like to indulge in often though. As I’ve aged, I’ve noticed how bad I feel after eating shit food.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Wasn’t really feeling working out today, tired for no reason. I did it anyway.

5 minute row
Goblet squats 20# x 10 x10
Kb halos 20# x10 x10
PVC stretch
Bird dogs
Cat camels
Various stretches and foam rolling

ohp 35# x5 x5 x10

chinups 7.5# x8 x8

squat 35x5x5x10

hanging leg raise
X8x8x8

trying to start adding push-ups and pull-ups frequency method to daily activities

didn’t eat like I should today
3 eggs conecuh shredded pitatoes
3 microwave burritos
Greek yogurt whole milk half scoop protein
Full scoop protein whole milk
Peanut butter fudge

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Dec 5
Warmup
PVC stretching mobility
Various stretching movements
Kb halos 20#x10/10 x10/10
Goblet squat 20# x 10x10
Pull-ups
60x I think it was 8 sets in 10 minutes

ohp 40# x5x5x8

chinups
10#x8x8

squat 40# x5x5x11

neck harness
10#x25 15#x25 x25 x30

situps x15 x15 x15

foam rolling

Want to start adding Cossack squats into my mobility routine

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
I ordered some micro plates. I don’t need them yet but I think I’m a month or two theyll come in handy.

I’ve been sitting at 182-185 lbs bw.

warmup
Stretch

bench press 55lbs
X5x5x25

curls 20# x15 x15

deadlift 60# x20

Neck harness 20# x25x25x25x35

shrugs 25#db x10x10x20

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic