Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The most lucrative sport for a strong guy?

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Hi. New here. The title says it all.

Strength has always come naturally for me. It was never a struggle for me to get PRs as long as my training program wasn't dumb and I was eating enough. It's my bad cardio and overall being a lard-ass that held me back in the past. So I guess my question is simply...

For a guy who finds it easy to be strong and/or is already strong, which sport will likely yield (or will yield the most amount of) money? I'm currently in college right now going for an associate's degree in exercise science, in the hopes that I will someday succeed as a personal trainer. But there is still a part of me that dreams big things and beyond being just another trainer in some gym. I'm still pursuing that personal trainer goal, though.

Just please never recommend football because poor me is only five feet and six inches tall. lmao

Thanks folks.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome

No better sport than wrestling

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Welcome

No better sport than wrestling

Hey thanks. You do mean wrestling as in wrestling, right? Or WWE?

Also, is wrestling gonna be better than MMA? This is assuming you meant wrestling instead of entertainment wrestling (WWE).

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
As in folkstyle, freestyle or Greco-Roman.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So you are a college level athlete that doesn't play a sport?

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
So you are a college level athlete that doesn't play a sport?
No sir. Just a recreational lifter who succeeded at squatting big weights (445 lbs). Relative to my muscle mass, my squat is insane. The big issue is that I was fat as shit, so the bodyweight-to-squat ratio was garbage. lol

No, I don't play a sport and I go to a community college. Not university. I'm just deciding what to do after some years of training for Olympic lifting. I just don't think there's much money to be gained with pure Olympic lifting so I wanna branch out on other things after getting some competitions under my belt. Maybe I'd try my luck in MMA or something? I dunno.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Strength doesn't mean you can fight, have you trained in any discipline? What does your cardio look like, not just strength?

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Strength doesn't mean you can fight, have you trained in any discipline? What does your cardio look like, not just strength?

I have never trained in any fighting art yet. No.

My cardio is, was, and have always been garbage. Lots of fat girls can outrun me. Athletic fat girls who train, but fat girls nonetheless.

So MMA is off the tables then? I am already thirty-one years of age so probably no hope for it unless there's some kind of masters division for it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
There is no money in strength sports. Maybe carvinal/state fair strongman?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic