Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A fun experiment

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
There are MANY factors they don't take into consideration. Hormones, food allergies/intolerance, time and frequency of meals, etc. Its a lot more complex than "calories in calories out" and you have to know how YOUR body reacts to different macros. I'm not special here. These guys are completely ignoring the tens of thousands of people losing weight and getting healthy eating double or triple the food on carnivore than they were on the standard american diet or even a "bodybuilding" diet. Do they really think all these people are simply miscalculating their calories? Some are Drs for fucks sake and more educated than 99% of the people on here when it comes to diet and nutrition.

If you like carbs and eating a pound of rice and potatoes per day works for your body (because you are also taking 5 grams of various drugs per week + 10ius of GH per day and have a great metabolism) Great! Do what works for your body. But don't tell others that will work for them or that it is "impossible" to lose or gain weight eating a certain way when there are many thousands of people doing it right in front of you. Seriously, these types of people are still stuck in the late 90's musclemag and FLEX bodybuilders diets...lol and their knowledge of diet and nutrition stopped completely with the dogma they "learned" in a college nutrition class 20 years ago. Instead of look at the obvious evidence that they are simple wrong they poke their fingers in their ears and yell "LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS!!!" at the top of their lungs. LMAO
Yep! I have been listening to a lot of podcasts lately and I hear it from them about how some people have that adaptive metabolism. Women especially have a hard time losing weight. Dropping calories and their metabolism just adjusts to it and they won’t lose any weight. They have to start messing with the macros or drop calories even lower (which isn’t healthy and may wor k for a show but it’s not maintainable). Any long time coach has seen it. I agree that for the most part it is a calorie is a calorie but where that calorie comes from can change your NEAT and change things when it comes to losing bodyfat. Because everyone is different. If you kept your macros the same and lowered them you should lose bf. But if you change those macro ratios and lower the total calories it’s a guessing game. You might lose more than if u kept them the same you might lose less. Too many variables. Same with trying to add muscle. I can eat over 4000 calories of sugary, salty food and all I do is add fat. Eat clean it 3000 calories and I add muscle. Don’t have to force feed at all. Same thing you have seen.

Btw, impressive physique! Look like a BB to me. More impressive you can still do the martial arts with that physique. And hold onto that lean mass with all that physical activity! At just trt doses. Wow!

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yep! I have been listening to a lot of podcasts lately and I hear it from them about how some people have that adaptive metabolism. Women especially have a hard time losing weight. Dropping calories and their metabolism just adjusts to it and they won’t lose any weight. They have to start messing with the macros or drop calories even lower (which isn’t healthy and may wor k for a show but it’s not maintainable). Any long time coach has seen it. I agree that for the most part it is a calorie is a calorie but where that calorie comes from can change your NEAT and change things when it comes to losing bodyfat. Because everyone is different. If you kept your macros the same and lowered them you should lose bf. But if you change those macro ratios and lower the total calories it’s a guessing game. You might lose more than if u kept them the same you might lose less. Too many variables. Same with trying to add muscle. I can eat over 4000 calories of sugary, salty food and all I do is add fat. Eat clean it 3000 calories and I add muscle. Don’t have to force feed at all. Same thing you have seen.

Btw, impressive physique! Look like a BB to me. More impressive you can still do the martial arts with that physique. And hold onto that lean mass with all that physical activity! At just trt doses. Wow!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I feel over trained sometimes and have to force myself to take breaks at times. At my age it can be hard to keep up with these 20-25 year old football players and MMA hopefuls that are a hell of a lot bigger than me but I manage...lol These days it's just about being able to do my job and not get hurt (any more than I already do). I have also recently taken on another family responsibility (My brother-in-law is a meth head piece of shit so me and my wife are raising a new baby. He just turned 14 months.) I'm 46 and my wife is 50. This shit is hard bro!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I feel over trained sometimes and have to force myself to take breaks at times. At my age it can be hard to keep up with these 20-25 year old football players and MMA hopefuls that are a hell of a lot bigger than me but I manage...lol These days it's just about being able to do my job and not get hurt (any more than I already do). I have also recently taken on another family responsibility (My brother-in-law is a meth head piece of shit so me and my wife are raising a new baby. He just turned 14 months.) I'm 46 and my wife is 50. This shit is hard bro!
Yeah man, I’m 48 and the wife is 46. Luckily no grandkids yet. I mean it would be nice but not if I have to raise them! My youngest brother is a meth head so I understand how that can be. Hope it gets better for you!

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Wight this morning was 201.4 Food today was 16oz ribeye, 6 eggs, bacon and sausage for breakfast. Lunch was one pound of 90/10 beef with goat cheese. Supper will be a pound and a half of pulled pork. I've turned the training intensity up a bit recently and stay hungry AF. I many pound two scoops of ISOpure before bed.

I'm giving blood today. If I'm at 17 or below I'm planning a smallish blast cycle. If Its much over that Imma slack off a bit and lower the TRT slightly. May come off completely for a couple months.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I shared an article about The Egg Diet back in 2011.. might be worth a look.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Badass brother, have not visited your thread in a while to let the posts add up. It is fun to read.

I hear ya bout the youngsters and keeping up. In my mid 50s and still sparring. An old guy must be crafty, as speed and stamina can never be a match for a legit, in shape ammy fighter in their 20s.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
The only negative I hear about carnivore diet is that you will miss important nutrients from vegetables. But I would imagine U could just supplement those nutrients. Do u take any supplements to compliment your diet? Maybe something like a Greens and/or Reds supplement?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The only negative I hear about carnivore diet is that you will miss important nutrients from vegetables. But I would imagine U could just supplement those nutrients. Do u take any supplements to compliment your diet? Maybe something like a Greens and/or Reds supplement?
It’s the other way around in all reality. On an animal based diet, you don’t lack any nutrients — And, they are all far more bio active/bioavailable. Plant based diets lack nutrients and require supplementation to shore up deficiencies.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
There are a lot of articles and videos out there about that very subject. Turns out we get most of what we need from meat and we really don't need as many nutrients when you cut the other crap out of your diet. Fiber and carbs are completely unnecessary. I do use a few supplements but for different reasons. I keep a protein powder on hand in case I need something quick or I'm on the go. I also use magnesium, zinc, and potassium.

So what are we blasting? Lol
Test C, NPP, Proviron at 600/400/50 and maybe sprinkle a bit of dbol in for the first 4-5 weeks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic