Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Low Dose Oral Minoxidil for Hair Loss, AAS and Androgen Receptors

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
No experience with the oral but back about 15 years ago my hair was thinning and I was pretty gassed at around 285. I was applying the topical Rogaine for around 4 weeks and my workouts and conditioning suffered. I ended up stopping it and recovered well never really made a difference in hair as a month later doctor told me to get my iron levels up as I had been avoiding red meat and getting pints taking out every 30 days because of high hemo from test and deca cycles.

Have you ever looked at Avodart? Less sides than Propecia and good for the prostrate and more hair growth. A buddy of mine used it years ago with great results. Docs in US won't prescribe it for that as the clinical trials were halted for hairloss.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Have not looked at Avodart, but it would probably be easy to get a scrip as I know it's used for BPH. I would probably qualify, it's just not "talk to the doctor about it" bad. I will research. Any idea why the stopped the hair loss trials? Seems odd to stop the trials for that but leave it approved for BPH unless it had something to do with benefits not outweighing the risks, or the effectiveness wasn't there.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Have not looked at Avodart, but it would probably be easy to get a scrip as I know it's used for BPH. I would probably qualify, it's just not "talk to the doctor about it" bad. I will research. Any idea why the stopped the hair loss trials? Seems odd to stop the trials for that but leave it approved for BPH unless it had something to do with benefits not outweighing the risks, or the effectiveness wasn't there.
Looks like they pursued it in S Korea.

At the time they stopped the trials it was predicted that it would only be a 500 million dollar a year drug and back then they were going after billion dollar drugs. I remember it like yesterday as I was on some hairloss forums and they were livid since some were getting it off label for hairloss instead of bph.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Rogaine makes me short of breath, like really bad.. bummer cause it does work.....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Rogaine makes me short of breath, like really bad.. bummer cause it does work.....
Just started low dose minoxidil. Had an appointment w/ my GP for mid year test level check (he scripts my TRT) and asked him about about it. He was fine with it. I got 2.5mg which is the lowest dose but it showed pretty much same effectiveness in the studies.

I am a couple months from 50. MPB runs hard in my family. Both grandfathers totally bald. Brother 5 years older is super thinned out. I still have mostly full head of hair, except at rear I can see noticeable thinning last few years. Figure the oral minoxidil cant hurt. Been almost a month. No sides that I can feel.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I used it for a long time, then it turned on me really bad. I would drive to the hospital and sit outside waiting to see if I should go in or not. My girl at the time kept saying, its that shit you put on your head! I was like, no its not that then I quit and the side quit. So I thought I will try a little bit and see if it does it, it did. It does work though. Glad its working for you!

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Damn PV. Wish I could help with some advice, the first part of your post got me excited. I have some thinning (to be kind) in the front but otherwise a full head of hair, while it doesn’t bother me at all - if there was a script that actually worked I’d give it a try. Water retention though, nah, no thanks.

good luck bro

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Minoxodil was invented/studied for hypertension. We've used it in the ICU before, but RARELY. Only when the researchers noticed hair growth the company shifted marketing.

Hair growth is a LONG game guys. And like most things, CONISTENCY

- TWICE a day. TWICE. just comb it out an hour later, hair doesnt' look greasy at all

- add caffeine, 10mg/mL

- if you have it, retin A applied shortly after only at night (collagen production)

- 1mm to 1.5mm dermaroller once a week only (don't use products for 24 hours after)

- finasteride, 1mg/mL

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Minoxodil was invented/studied for hypertension. We've used it in the ICU before, but RARELY. Only when the researchers noticed hair growth the company shifted marketing.

Hair growth is a LONG game guys. And like most things, CONISTENCY

- TWICE a day. TWICE. just comb it out an hour later, hair doesnt' look greasy at all

- add caffeine, 10mg/mL

- if you have it, retin A applied shortly after only at night (collagen production)

- 1mm to 1.5mm dermaroller once a week only (don't use products for 24 hours after)

- finasteride, 1mg/mL
Minoxidil typically twice a day for me thickened my hair quite a bit. I have it in a spray format that's .25mL a pump and use 4 sprays and massage it in.

Recently I added in 1mm derma rolling every other day. I do it 4 hours after application and skip the next one so it ends up being 20 hours after rolling that I get my next dose. Haven't any issues typical to going systemic.

About to be adding ru58841 to my minoxidil solution. If the day comes that I really have to I'll add in finasteride.

My head isn't shaped great, bald isn't an option lol

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Started minoxodil topical about 4 months ago: morning and night. Also at the same time I started Finasteride; 1mg tab per day. I fuuked up my thyroid with T3 and part of the side effects was a slight thinning of my hair all around. I'm tackling this from two sides so I hope it helps. I heard you really don't notice anything until the 9 month mark. Even with a little thinning, are way out in front for my age.

Now who what's to talk about gray hair? lol

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Started minoxodil topical about 4 months ago: morning and night. Also at the same time I started Finasteride; 1mg tab per day. I fuuked up my thyroid with T3 and part of the side effects was a slight thinning of my hair all around. I'm tackling this from two sides so I hope it helps. I heard you really don't notice anything until the 9 month mark. Even with a little thinning, are way out in front for my age.

Now who what's to talk about gray hair? lol

I get a grey blend done at the stylist. She does a really good job, it looks natural, and it makes a huge difference in my appearance. I'm damn near full grey/silver.

You all have me convinced I should at least try topical minoxidil.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I spoke with the prescribing doc today, she looked up the study, and on the question or whether minoxidil interferes with testosterone replacement therapy said, "I can't say for sure. Ask your endocrinologist", who still hasn't replied.

I did post something similar on another board, and this reply was made:

so i will chime in here with my brief understanding on how these meds work. not sure about the one you are currently using but the other ones i do know of. so all of them unless i am wrong on yours work by blocking dht. so dht is the most anabolic portion of the drugs that we use. some drugs are dht derived and others like test actually convert. higher levels of dht in your system is where you get all the bad stuff that we dont want ie hair loss oily skin etc... blocking dht in a sense is going to weaken the effects of your compounds. so the trade off is either take one of the meds to block it and have lesser gains or find ones that dont hammer the piss out of your hair line. i was watching a video from one of the steriod docs a few months back and he was addressing this very issue. he said that you could use the other 2 meds and run the risk of your dick never working again and lessening your gains or try the other approach of using non dht derived compounds and being very easy with the ones that convert over to dht. i am like jipped, i started shaving my head for work way back when and when i went to grow it back it didnt come back. so at that point i was just like fuck it, it's already gone anyway.
i know we are all vain ass holes and stuff but here is the kicker. so if you are having issues with hair loss while on then you can bet your ass that you are also having prostate issues as well. you are dht sensitive and dht also hammers the shit out of your prostate as well. that to me is way worse but then again the hair loss drugs also treat prostate issues and that's why they believe it can fuck up mr happy for good.
i have always been a firm believer in if it works for you and you are happy then go for it. so if it is working and you arent seeing any issues then keep on trucking. funny side note. a buddy of mine who didnt use aas at all and in his lower 20s was using the rogain stuff forever. his shit fell out on him at just a slower rate. he was so pissed that he spent so much money and it still came out. some people just have shit luck and genetics when it comes to that stuff i suppose

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic