Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

A fun experiment

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
As many here already know I went to the Dr the other day and my hemoglobin level was way too high. I was finally able to donate and get it down a bit but it took some doing. Talked with the Dr and apparently the combination of TRT plus all the red meat (and a few other factors) have led to it being very high. Until its down quite a bit I'm pretty much ditching most meats, vitamin C, and a few other things. Now, I'm an all or nothing kinda person. If I can't eat the way that makes me look and feel my best I'd rather just go for taste and eat whatever I want. So for the last few days I've been living off of cinnamon toast crunch and peanut butter. Not even kidding.

That leads me to the experiment

Until my levels are down I'll be dropping my calories from 4,500-4,800 per day (all meat) to less than 3,000 per day, But I'll basically be eating whatever the fuck I want. (But almost no meat or anything that might raise iron levels) This morning was coffee and donuts. Later after my Jiu-jitsu seminar It will be potatoes, fried cheese and a brownie. My diet will likely be around 70-80% carbs and sugar and the rest fat. But the good news is according to some people on this board because I'll be dropping my over all calories by at least 1,500 per day I should (according to their theories) actually drop weight. My current weight is 200 pounds even. So lets see what happens.

Gonna be an interesting ride!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Very interesting and equally impressive that you’re willing to give it a roll. I tried dropping meat for different reasons once and it was a bitch. Not because I missed meat honestly if I never ate meat again I’d be ok with it. As long as eggs and fish were still in the mix but I digress …

the difficulty I had was finding things to eat. If I were to try again I’d do some research and decide what is included in the diet and stock up in advance

keep us posted man I’m all in on this thread

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Very interesting and equally impressive that you’re willing to give it a roll. I tried dropping meat for different reasons once and it was a bitch. Not because I missed meat honestly if I never ate meat again I’d be ok with it. As long as eggs and fish were still in the mix but I digress …

the difficulty I had was finding things to eat. If I were to try again I’d do some research and decide what is included in the diet and stock up in advance

keep us posted man I’m all in on this thread
Definitely. I'm looking to accomplish three things here.

1. To see if a calorie really is a calorie. If true I should actually lose some weight by eating this way.

2. Get my hemoglobin/Iron levels back down to acceptable range. (17 or lower)

3. See what the changes are in my body going from about 300 grams of protein per day down to near zero. And from no sugar at all to pretty much living off of it.

I forgot to mention I'm also dropping my TRT from 250mg per week to about 200mg every 10 days. Hell, I might even cut it out completely and see what a test level of 14 does for me...lol

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Definitely. I'm looking to accomplish three things here.

1. To see if a calorie really is a calorie. If true I should actually lose some weight by eating this way.

2. Get my hemoglobin/Iron levels back down to acceptable range. (17 or lower)

3. See what the changes are in my body going from about 300 grams of protein per day down to near zero. And from no sugar at all to pretty much living off of it.

I forgot to mention I'm also dropping my TRT from 250mg per week to about 200mg every 10 days. Hell, I might even cut it out completely and see what a test level of 14 does for me...lol
Awesome!

Dropping protein? No whey powder? Lots of protein in beans etc. Eggs?

I wouldn’t drop the test bro thinking it’ll help retain lean muscle

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Awesome!

Dropping protein? No whey powder? Lots of protein in beans etc. Eggs?

I wouldn’t drop the test bro thinking it’ll help retain lean muscle
Yeah this is good advice. As Middy said, at least supplement with some whey powder and eggs. I also don’t agree with dropping test all together either.

You train in martial arts so it’ll be good for recover purposes along with overall health.

Btw, do you supplement with a daily multivitamin? If so, check the iron content. Most are unaware that they get a ton of iron within there multivitamins.

R

RIR0

Aug 21, 2022
Yeah you’ll lose weight if you’re in a deficit but you’re going to lose muscle because your eating fuck all for complete protein.
your also going to tank your hormones. What do you think is going to happen? It should be common sense but I guess not.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
You’re braver than me. I wouldn’t be able to eat like that & get away with it. I’d look & feel like a warmed over fat pile of shit. Im cringing for you gs just thinking about how it would affect me.

R

RIR0

Aug 21, 2022
Your next experiment should be to hold a ball in the air and drop to test if gravity is real

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
You’re braver than me. I wouldn’t be able to eat like that & get away with it. I’d look & feel like a warmed over fat pile of shit. Im cringing for you gs just thinking about how it would affect me.
Todays lunch was the monte cristo (a ham and cheese sammich on a donut with jam as a dipping sauce) with fries. Fried cheese and buttered croissants. Washed down with copious amounts of sweet tea.

Unrelated fun fact. I can see the people following the tread and two of them are on my ignore list so I can't see anything they post if they post. Funny shit...lol

R

RIR0

Aug 21, 2022
Todays lunch was the monte cristo (a ham and cheese sammich on a donut with jam as a dipping sauce) with fries. Fried cheese and buttered croissants. Washed down with copious amounts of sweet tea.
So you literally have no idea the amount of calories you’re consuming to determine if you’re in a deficit or not?
that’s probably over 2000 calories

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
As many here already know I went to the Dr the other day and my hemoglobin level was way too high. I was finally able to donate and get it down a bit but it took some doing. Talked with the Dr and apparently the combination of TRT plus all the red meat (and a few other factors) have led to it being very high. Until its down quite a bit I'm pretty much ditching most meats, vitamin C, and a few other things. Now, I'm an all or nothing kinda person. If I can't eat the way that makes me look and feel my best I'd rather just go for taste and eat whatever I want. So for the last few days I've been living off of cinnamon toast crunch and peanut butter. Not even kidding.

That leads me to the experiment

Until my levels are down I'll be dropping my calories from 4,500-4,800 per day (all meat) to less than 3,000 per day, But I'll basically be eating whatever the fuck I want. (But almost no meat or anything that might raise iron levels) This morning was coffee and donuts. Later after my Jiu-jitsu seminar It will be potatoes, fried cheese and a brownie. My diet will likely be around 70-80% carbs and sugar and the rest fat. But the good news is according to some people on this board because I'll be dropping my over all calories by at least 1,500 per day I should (according to their theories) actually drop weight. My current weight is 200 pounds even. So lets see what happens.

Gonna be an interesting ride!
Careful with the cereal; a lot of that shit is “fortified and enriched” (iron included). Corn flakes is one of the highest I know — cinnamon crunch, I have no idea. Just FYI.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah this is good advice. As Middy said, at least supplement with some whey powder and eggs. I also don’t agree with dropping test all together either.

You train in martial arts so it’ll be good for recover purposes along with overall health.

Btw, do you supplement with a daily multivitamin? If so, check the iron content. Most are unaware that they get a ton of iron within there multivitamins.
I’m uncertain as to iron level accumulation between the two, but I do know that supplements contain non-heme (highly inactive) rather than heme (bioavailable) iron.
I don’t think non-heme iron is as much a concern as heme iron (active / bioavailable) is, but it’s worth making note of.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic