pbtom
What's New?

Meanwhile at Martha's Vineyard.....

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Abortion is a massive issue to the Dems and most independents. Americans in poll after poll overwhelmingly support Roe vs Wade. The Supreme Court seriously fucked the Republicans by going against the will of the majority of the American people.
I hear this a lot, and I'll be curious to see how this plays out. I still don't see how the Supreme Court went against the will of the majority of the people. The court simply said this issue goes back to the states where it belongs.

If the majority of the American people don't want abortion banned, but instead want various limits on it, then each of the states will end up with laws that reflect the will of the voters in that state. How can a law in Maryland passed by the Maryland legislature be against the majority of the voters in Maryland?

All the polling I've seen seems to be: (1) abortion should not be banned in all circumstances, (2) abortion should be regulated, and (3) the substance of the regulations differ from state to state.

It's my hope that with this issue going back to the states, we can cool off a little bit on this being a federal issue. Yeah federalism!

Reactions: ceo
fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Twitch you got trumpie derangement syndrome bad my man.

See you after the midterms....and don't forget to vote vote vote!

Ok. By your logic I'm also deranged about Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons (who I think are the worst fuckers out there), Schumer, Biden, etc, most every Democrat. So do I have derangement about them too? Or just the guy you like?

Be logically consistent.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I hear this a lot, and I'll be curious to see how this plays out. I still don't see how the Supreme Court went against the will of the majority of the people. The court simply said this issue goes back to the states where it belongs.

If the majority of the American people don't want abortion banned, but instead want various limits on it, then each of the states will end up with laws that reflect the will of the voters in that state. How can a law in Maryland passed by the Maryland legislature be against the majority of the voters in Maryland?

All the polling I've seen seems to be: (1) abortion should not be banned in all circumstances, (2) abortion should be regulated, and (3) the substance of the regulations differ from state to state.

It's my hope that with this issue going back to the states, we can cool off a little bit on this being a federal issue. Yeah federalism!

Let's agree to disagree, but come back to this subject later. According to polls I've seen 40+ % of Republicans, 80+ of Democrats and 70+ % of Independents support Roe V Wade. Some numbers are higher, some a little lower, but not much. With women the numbers go up. For many women this isn't just about abortion, it's about controlling the internal workings of their own bodies. From their point of view they see the Supreme Court ruling as a return to the barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen days.

Even I thought this was a side issue when it happened. But just look at the 2022 election momentum. 6 months ago we were headed to a massive red wave, now the Dems will keep the Senate.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Let's agree to disagree, but come back to this subject later. According to polls I've seen 40+ % of Republicans, 80+ of Democrats and 70+ % of Independents support Roe V Wade. Some numbers are higher, some a little lower, but not much. With women the numbers go up. For many women this isn't just about abortion, it's about controlling the internal workings of their own bodies. From their point of view they see the Supreme Court ruling as a return to the barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen days.

Even I thought this was a side issue when it happened. But just look at the 2022 election momentum. 6 months ago we were headed to a massive red wave, now the Dems will keep the Senate.
You may be right. I sure would be interested in the exact wording of the questions given in those polls, and what types of follow up questions are made.

I'd be curious to see a poll that probes the public's reaction to the abortion statistics in NYC since 1973. I'd have to do some digging to find the source, but it's my understanding that since 1973, approximately 50% of all conceptions to black females in NYC have been aborted. Just imagine, half the black people in NYC ages 0-50 just disappeared. The KKK thought way too small. Margaret Sanger of Planned Parenthood was thinking much bigger.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Ok. By your logic I'm also deranged about Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons (who I think are the worst fuckers out there), Schumer, Biden, etc, most every Democrat. So do I have derangement about them too? Or just the guy you like?

Be logically consistent.
I don't like Trump I have said that many times but he will get my vote a third time if he is the republican nominee. So your my guy point fails. You have been called out many times for TDS signs and symptoms so I hope someday that will pass and things get better for you.

You keep posting "independents like you" but you have written many times that you don't vote so we aren't worried about you or any other anarchists influencing the outcome of any election.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Regarding the whole TDS, the media are the ones that truly lost their marbles over Trump. But if you've been watching carefully, you'll see that the NYT is changing their tune. According to the NYT, DeSantis is now the "real" danger. He's the totalitarian without Trump's "soft edges."
Huh?

You'll see a pattern in the media. The biggest conservative threat is always the "new Hitler." It was Bush (W), then McCain was a war monger racist, then Romney was the next big threat to democracy, then Trump. Did you notice that as soon as Bush, McCain and Romney were out of the picture, the media rehabilitated them? They were charming warm hearted old men (statesmen even!) in their rear view mirror. Now they're doing the same to Trump. Makes me think that they think he's done, and DeSantis is the real threat for 2024. They may be right, but I wouldn't count Trump out. He's a counter-puncher, and the biggest narcissist since Obama and Clinton.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Trump is not done, that is all media hype, it's laughable to be honest. They do this crap all the time trying to push DeSantis as the favorite. I like both guys, but the media will push their BS to either him or DeSantis depending on whoever is in the light at the current moment. DeSantis is their current evil man with MV fiasco...even though the libs are the root cause of this problem. My vote will go to Trump over DeSantis though. Nobody is revolutionizing the party like Trump is doing. DeSantis is awesome, but he is Trump lite, but he will grow as the party's popularity choice once Trump is gone, unless he ignites a fight with Trump, which would be political suicide for him. He'd have to align himself with the fraudulent weak swamp RINO's of the party and hope he gets enough votes from Independents and women who think he is hot.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Regarding the whole TDS, the media are the ones that truly lost their marbles over Trump. But if you've been watching carefully, you'll see that the NYT is changing their tune. According to the NYT, DeSantis is now the "real" danger. He's the totalitarian without Trump's "soft edges."
Huh?

You'll see a pattern in the media. The biggest conservative threat is always the "new Hitler." It was Bush (W), then McCain was a war monger racist, then Romney was the next big threat to democracy, then Trump. Did you notice that as soon as Bush, McCain and Romney were out of the picture, the media rehabilitated them? They were charming warm hearted old men (statesmen even!) in their rear view mirror. Now they're doing the same to Trump. Makes me think that they think he's done, and DeSantis is the real threat for 2024. They may be right, but I wouldn't count Trump out. He's a counter-puncher, and the biggest narcissist since Obama and Clinton.

:) True. You are correct about the liberal media panic over each new Republican being the next "Hitler."

But let's spin that around. Each new Democratic is always a "communist." Which is equally retarded. Supposedly Biden is a communist. Biden, a man who has spent his life in congress protecting insurance companies, banks, voting for huge crime bills (Like Bill Clinton's crime bill which created record numbers of new law enforcement at the time, Biden has been a true establishment statist working with corporations to ensure corporations are never held accountable. He's even from the Mecca of corporate legal entities, Delaware.

So this is the problem. Each side listens to the most shrill, crazed voices on their side and gets a distorted view of reality about the other side. This is a well known phenomena where media/entertainment takes people down rabbit holes to keep them glued to the channel.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I don't like Trump I have said that many times but he will get my vote a third time if he is the republican nominee. So your my guy point fails. You have been called out many times for TDS signs and symptoms so I hope someday that will pass and things get better for you.

You keep posting "independents like you" but you have written many times that you don't vote so we aren't worried about you or any other anarchists influencing the outcome of any election.

I do vote. Just not for the red cult or blue cult retards running for president. I voted in 2016 and 2020 for "Mickey Mouse." When I think there's a decent human being with sensible ideas down ballet I vote for them.

I'm not the typical independent perhaps. Most DO vote for one of the two parties eventually. Almost every independent I know is just somebody who was red cult or blue but became sick and tired of the BS. So now they pick the side they think seems less insane. Right now the polls show a strong inclination among independents to vote for the blue cult retards over the red cult retards.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Huh?

That goes both ways. The "conservative" media is just as bad as the left side.

Trump running again will probably make the republicans lose again.
I will not vote for him again regardless who he runs again. I think you have to be pretty stupid for still supporting him with all the shit we have seen.
Even his own allies has left him behind. His own elected officials are no longer supporting him. I think is the biggest narcist I have ever seen and I think he is a loose cannon.
The election wasnt stolen, he knew that but sold the lies to a bunch of people who wanted to believe it - I was one of them.

He has become nothing but a distraction and him running will split the party and they will lose.

They (repubs) should focus on DeSantis instead.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
You all realize that Obama is running the show, right? The ultimate narcissist. In the end, does our vote really matter?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Twitch you got trumpie derangement syndrome bad my man.

See you after the midterms....and don't forget to vote vote vote!
Fasttwitch I want to apologize to you for this post and the other ones were I said your vote doesn't matter because you do a write in and the TDS crap. I AM SO BEYOND politics and every once in a while I let it draw me in and just not into arguing with guys like you and testboner as we are more alike than we are apart on issues that matter in life.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic