pbtom
What's New?

Meanwhile at Martha's Vineyard.....

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Mocking hypocrisy IMO is not virtue signaling.

control the border, then have the conversation what the proper level of legal immigration should be. Same thing with the work visa program

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Has anyone researched "refugee" status vs "alien"? It's pretty interesting. What worries me is the Dems somehow trying to give refugee status to the folks coming across the border. We have a large demographic in the city I live near. Someone explained to me, that refugee status was safe haven for folks in areas of war, genocide and etc. They are given many liberties, education, taxless income and etc. It was set up "temporary" and then they are to return to their perspective country. But it's very apparent this does not happen. More tax dollars that is wasted.

We, the United States, continue to take on this burden. I cannot blame those in impoverished areas to want better, but there has to be some checks and balances and I don't think it's being enforced. I will be curious to see how Europe handles the influx of those who fled the Ukraine. Someone has to absorb that cost. I think there is a bit of a difference though than our border crisis. I think most Ukranians want to return to their country.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Mocking hypocrisy IMO is not virtue signaling.

control the border, then have the conversation what the proper level of legal immigration should be. Same thing with the work visa program

Let me ask this.. Was sending the refugees to Martha's Vineyard for the Republican base? Isn't that preaching to the choir? Or was it for the Libs? That's just trolling and ends up getting reciprocated by them trolling back. Or did they really believe that independent voters like me would see this act as "mocking hypocrisy?" Do you know any independent voters? People who've decided that the Republicans and Dems are fucktards? Political posturing like this is counterproductive.

You already have all the Republicans voting your way and the Dems voting the other way. Your side should learn what the independent voters want, because there's now more independent voters than either Republicans or Democrats. And you're losing us. Both parties are losing us. So keep playing games and virtue signaling and lose in 2024. This action makes the Republicans look cruel and malicious to most good people. Using human beings as pawns in your twisted game is sociopathic.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The VP that previous weekend was interviewed on national television, and stated emphatically that the border is secure. That is a lie. You know that, and I know that, but uninformed voters do not know that. Rather, they hear the leadership tell the voters that the border is secure and the media compliantly reports the lie. Did the reporter ask any follow up questions? Not really.

Thus the WH and political class lie to the people, and the press play along, thus keeping the voters uninformed. Did shipping 50 migrants to Martha's Vinyard make the news? It sure as hell did! So now the uniformed voters who've been lied to are scratching their heads and asking themselves, I thought I was told the border was secure? Hmmm.....

Plus, while the border towns of TX, NM, AZ and CA have been dealing with the lion share of this problem, they're told the border is secure, and to stop being racist. At the very same time, the virtue signalers in Berkley, SF, Chicago, NYC, and the elites along the east coast corridor proudly put signs on their lawn and at the edges of their cities that say, "Welcome, everyone here is welcomed with open arms. We're a sanctuary city." OK, so someone takes them at their word, and that's bad? LOL Sorry, that dog will not hunt.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
IF the dems get smoked in November, it will be because: (1) inflation, (2) crime, and (3) the border. Giving the voters a clear-eyed view of exactly what's going on isn't cynical or sociopathic, it's brilliant strategy. And that's why I'm so shocked, because the GOP typically are a bunch of morons. And THAT is why DeSantis MUST be destroyed. What happened to Trump is and will happen to DeSantis. He is extremely dangerous, and the deep state is scared shitless of him.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
IF the dems get smoked in November, it will be because: (1) inflation, (2) crime, and (3) the border. Giving the voters a clear-eyed view of exactly what's going on isn't cynical or sociopathic, it's brilliant strategy. And that's why I'm so shocked, because the GOP typically are a bunch of morons. And THAT is why DeSantis MUST be destroyed. What happened to Trump is and will happen to DeSantis. He is extremely dangerous, and the deep state is scared shitless of him.

So your think the Martha's Vineyard ploy is going to sway the independents? Somehow independents are going to look at this event and be impressed by the Republican party?

Because it doesn't matter what Republicans or Democrats think. Elections are won by swaying independents. Most people like me are independents because of these games played by the two cults.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
So your think the Martha's Vineyard ploy is going to sway the independents? Somehow independents are going to look at this event and be impressed by the Republican party?

Because it doesn't matter what Republicans or Democrats think. Elections are won by swaying independents. Most people like me are independents because of these games played by the two cults.
Yes, I do believe that pointing out the complete shitstorm that is Biden's border policy will do quite well with independents.

Independent voters do care about the border being wide open, with the impact on social services, the schools, crime, drugs, and how illegal migrants are treated better than US citizens. I absolutely believe that.

I've been wrong before, so it'll be interesting to see.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Yes, I do believe that pointing out the complete shitstorm that is Biden's border policy will do quite well with independents.

Independent voters do care about the border being wide open, with the impact on social services, the schools, crime, drugs, and how illegal migrants are treated better than US citizens. I absolutely believe that.

I believe illegal immigration is a problem , too. But it's so ridiculously easy to fix. The Republicans and Democrats don't actually want to fix the problem though. The Dems think demographics are destiny and republicans love the cheap labor and are terrified of harshly punishing businesses for hiring undocumented workers. But this problem could be fixed by making the penalties for employing undocumented people truly horrific. Make it a felony criminal offense and make the penalties financially catastrophic for employing undocumented people. Then enforce the policies. Right now it's a slap on the wrist to get caught paying cash to undocumented workers. Funny story, I know a roofer here in town, hardcore Trumpie, who employees undocumented workers. Hypocrite. Pays them cash then complains about the wall not being built.

Truth is, the system is incapable of making common sense policy anymore because of the two party system which is completely under corporate control. The only way to fix this issue is to destroy America and rebuild.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020

Democrats are going to get crushed in the mid terms all they are running on is abortion and "lump trump". Everytime people go to the grocery store they get less for more money and still see empty shelves. Maybe people don't see it like everyone else and ok with empty car lots and an absolute nightmare everytime they fly but every one of these was created by Democrats with vaccine mandates and lockdowns. I see those things as the most potent political advertisements seen millions of times everyday.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Democrats are going to get crushed in the mid terms all they are running on is abortion and "lump trump". Everytime people go to the grocery store they get less for more money and still see empty shelves. Maybe people don't see it like everyone else and ok with empty car lots and an absolute nightmare everytime they fly but every one of these was created by Democrats with vaccine mandates and lockdowns. I see those things as the most potent political advertisements seen millions of times everyday.

Dems are going to lose the house and barely keep the senate. It'll be split government.

Abortion is a massive issue to the Dems and most independents. Americans in poll after poll overwhelmingly support Roe vs Wade. The Supreme Court seriously fucked the Republicans by going against the will of the majority of the American people. But also, if the Supreme Court wanted to rule on this issue, they could have delayed until after the election. The Supreme Court is the reason the Dems will keep the Senate.

Independents like me know that it was Trump's fault for shutting the economy down when he gave into the establishment during Covid. Trump is completely spineless. He could have left the economy running but he's a coward with no backbone. Thanks to Trump's lockdowns a supply chain nightmare took hold.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Twitch you got trumpie derangement syndrome bad my man.

See you after the midterms....and don't forget to vote vote vote!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The Republicans and Democrats don't actually want to fix the problem though. The Dems think demographics are destiny and republicans love the cheap labor and are terrified of harshly punishing businesses for hiring undocumented workers. But this problem could be fixed by making the penalties for employing undocumented people truly horrific. Make it a felony criminal offense and make the penalties financially catastrophic for employing undocumented people. Then enforce the policies.
I agree with you 100% on this. If we want to reduce the supply, we need to squeeze off the demand.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic