Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Currently Drinking

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
If you guys live anywhere near Jersey, make sure to try Flying Fish’s Big Pineapple.

Hazy DIPA brewed with pineapple new favorite beer.

Damn I bet that’s so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Had a few pours of some Blanton’s last night

27780d1ba223437dd47f61e488ab41ec.jpg

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
When it comes to Blanton's, at least in my area, it seems like you can only get it by the glass at the nice restaurants. It's never around by the bottle at any of the area liquor stores. It's also at a price range where it would have to be a special occasion. But good stuff....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you guys live anywhere near Jersey, make sure to try Flying Fish’s Big Pineapple.

Hazy DIPA brewed with pineapple new favorite beer.
Pineapple beers taste like dirty jerze hooker feet

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
When it comes to Blanton's, at least in my area, it seems like you can only get it by the glass at the nice restaurants. It's never around by the bottle at any of the area liquor stores. It's also at a price range where it would have to be a special occasion. But good stuff....

You can find it here but not often. When you do, it’s usually jacked up to around $120 give or take. When lucky, you can get it at the distillery for MSRP.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You can find it here but not often. When you do, it’s usually jacked up to around $120 give or take. When lucky, you can get it at the distillery for MSRP.

Blanton's is in the Buffalo Trace line of products, correct? I can never find Buffalo Trace in my area liquor stores any more either. And I think Pappy's is their top-top shelf brand.

I was at a restaurant that specialized in their bourbon menu last week. A Booker's neat or on the rock (sphere) was about $18, the Blanton's was about $30, and the Pappy's was $150. Personally, I like Booker's more than Blanton's, and at those prices I'll never try Pappy's LOL

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
$30 a shot for a $65 bottle lol. That's horrible.

Bookers is 100% better than Blantons, soo much more depth and flavor.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
$30 a shot for a $65 bottle lol. That's horrible.

Bookers is 100% better than Blantons, soo much more depth and flavor.
I've got to agree with you. I've tried some high-priced bourbons that I've been told are so good, but am typically disappointed. Nothing beats Bookers in my view. Just something special!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Blanton's is in the Buffalo Trace line of products, correct? I can never find Buffalo Trace in my area liquor stores any more either. And I think Pappy's is their top-top shelf brand.

I was at a restaurant that specialized in their bourbon menu last week. A Booker's neat or on the rock (sphere) was about $18, the Blanton's was about $30, and the Pappy's was $150. Personally, I like Booker's more than Blanton's, and at those prices I'll never try Pappy's LOL

That’s correct, it’s BT. I’m with you and LK about the Booker’s. That’s a damn good Bourbon. I enjoy Blanton’s but it’s overrated. The marketing of it is extremely successful. The bottle, the horse, the letters, etc etc. Especially coming from Kentucky.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Another bourbon that I think is good (not fantastic, but solid) is Legent. It's relatively new, at a reasonable price point, and is a good every day bourbon, like Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek, that does the trick.

Besides, and perhaps most importantly, you can see from the website, that if you drink it, you look cool, and attractive, classy looking women want to hang out with you. Which is always a positive....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic