Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High DHT? Acne problems

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
My wife has been ance prone her whole adult life and even more so since TRT 12+ years ago. She cycles with Test/Mast and Var (to start). We have always controlled most of her Ance with Sulpher soap, minocycline or doxycycline. She has been to many dermatologists and all they say is STOP taking Test which is not an option. We have not tried Aldactone which helps block DHT so thinking this might work BUT does this also stop her benefits of taking the test?? She does not have much hair loss as she did before being on Test.

Ladies that have run into this severe acne any suggestions? We think we have tried it all but maybe there is something else we can use.

Right now she is putting tretinoin which helps a little but is very expensive and not overall the end-all solution

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
My wife has been ance prone her whole adult life and even more so since TRT 12+ years ago. She cycles with Test/Mast and Var (to start). We have always controlled most of her Ance with Sulpher soap, minocycline or doxycycline. She has been to many dermatologists and all they say is STOP taking Test which is not an option. We have not tried Aldactone which helps block DHT so thinking this might work BUT does this also stop her benefits of taking the test?? She does not have much hair loss as she did before being on Test.

Ladies that have run into this severe acne any suggestions? We think we have tried it all but maybe there is something else we can use.

Right now she is putting tretinoin which helps a little but is very expensive and not overall the end-all solution
Aldactone blocks the AR not just DHT but everything. Two competitors have tried it, nothing good comes from it other than using it short term for water. You get fatigued, the effects of T and other androgens are muted then you blow up when you try to get off. The rebound lasts several weeks, you also have to watch potassium. https://www.cfspharmacy.pharmacy/human-medicine/skin-care/tretinoin-topical-compounded. Up to 0.12% strength 45 gm container is $65 compared to generic 0.025% for about the same price via GoodRx. They also offer a ton of other compounded topical acne mixes, she might find something that works. Finasteride doesn't work either.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Aldactone blocks the AR not just DHT but everything. Two competitors have tried it, nothing good comes from it other than using it short term for water. You get fatigued, the effects of T and other androgens are muted then you blow up when you try to get off. The rebound lasts several weeks, you also have to watch potassium. https://www.cfspharmacy.pharmacy/human-medicine/skin-care/tretinoin-topical-compounded. Up to 0.12% strength 45 gm container is $65 compared to generic 0.025% for about the same price via GoodRx. They also offer a ton of other compounded topical acne mixes, she might find something that works. Finasteride doesn't work either.
I did see the potassium warning thank you very much I appreciate you bringing that one up again. We're trying just about everything we can to help with her acne and nothing seems to help read some good stuff on the aldactone but also want to avoid the size and the weight gain or water gain does not sound good. Thank you very much for the input I'll check out that other stuff

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I get bacne on trt 140mg/week. Still not sure what to do about it...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I get bacne on trt 140mg/week. Still not sure what to do about it...
Hmm, that’s a low dose. Do you eat a lot of processed food, and stuff high in sugar content. Are you under heavy stress at the moment?

Maybe those factors could be the root cause because 140/mg a week of test isn’t the reason imo.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Run some Accutane at 1/10 of the prescribed dose for 6 months and you will never have an issue again.
EVER.........the Docs give a jackass dose of 1 think 100-150mg pd but 15-20 over the long haul works amazingly well, there was a Genius over at Afboard when it was around that turned us onto this and there were studies etc blah blah all I know is IT WORKS.
No pregnancies while taking, drink plenty of fluids and have saline eye drops and carmex or chapstick on hand at all times.
Takes effect quickly IMO

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Run some Accutane at 1/10 of the prescribed dose for 6 months and you will never have an issue again.
EVER.........the Docs give a jackass dose of 1 think 100-150mg pd but 15-20 over the long haul works amazingly well, there was a Genius over at Afboard when it was around that turned us onto this and there were studies etc blah blah all I know is IT WORKS.
No pregnancies while taking, drink plenty of fluids and have saline eye drops and carmex or chapstick on hand at all times.
Takes effect quickly IMO
Would add to this, no orals (C-17) at the same time either.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Hmm, that’s a low dose. Do you eat a lot of processed food, and stuff high in sugar content. Are you under heavy stress at the moment?

Maybe those factors could be the root cause because 140/mg a week of test isn’t the reason imo.
I eat clean whole food. Probably work stress

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic