Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Sleep Apnea

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I got my cpap last September. Game changer once you get used to it. I also have the air sense 10 and use a small full face mask even though I have a big head. I can sleep on my side with it if I prop my pillows right.

Just had my physical last week. The difference in my blood work was pretty wild. Everything from RBC to lipid panel improved, and I've really done nothing much different lifestyle wise then get the cpap.
Sleep Foundation has alot of good info. and recommendations. It rates the Air Sense 10 as the best machine over all.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
I'm new to this just received my CPAP today. You set it up on the app the machine has Bluetooth. I couldn't get it to seal correctly, I have a full beard so can't get a proper seal with the full face. Called the company I guess they're going to send a nasal mask instead. But I sleep on my side and occasionally on my stomach, with the nasal mask be my best bet?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I'm new to this just received my CPAP today. You set it up on the app the machine has Bluetooth. I couldn't get it to seal correctly, I have a full beard so can't get a proper seal with the full face. Called the company I guess they're going to send a nasal mask instead. But I sleep on my side and occasionally on my stomach, with the nasal mask be my best bet?

All depends on if you're a nose or mouth breather. I used to have a big full beard. I had to trim is way down to get my mask to seal. Nasal didn't work for me because I'm a mouth breather.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
All depends on if you're a nose or mouth breather. I used to have a big full beard. I had to trim is way down to get my mask to seal. Nasal didn't work for me because I'm a mouth breather.

Same here, I have to use the full face. Has anyone considered the surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
I know i dont post much, but i had to chime in here.
If you think you have sleep apnea, get the study done. If you have it, find the best mask you can and even if it isn't comfortable and wakes you up, wear it. A lot of doctors don't talk a out it, and I don't know why, but not getting a good nights rest is not the worst side affect of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can cause all sorts heart issues. You can have heart wall remodeling/ thickening and it can lead to AFIB. AFIB can lead to stroke! I would rather be dead then have a debilitating stroke and be a burden on my love ones. I am not saying this to scare anyone, I am saying it because I want you guys to be healthy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic