Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Stickler's Rebirth Log

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Here's the next routine. There's shit on there I need to lookup and I've never done 50 pull-ups in my life let alone what he has me doing.

Looks like some exercises he's lowering reps, some adding longer negatives, removing some negatives, and super sets!

He also added another workout day. I'm assuming this is because I'm going to add "creatine" here as soon as possible.
--
Workout #2

Day 1:

Wide grip pull-ups 50 reps
Close grip pull-ups 50 reps
Db pullovers 4 x 20 3 sec negative
Cable crossovers 4 x 12-15
Lower cable pulls 4 x 12 3 sec hold on contraction
Decline Bench press 4 x 12 5 sec negative

Day 2:

Barbell shoulder press 6 x 12 3 sec negative
Side laterals 4 x 12/12 do 12 reps drop weight in half and perform another 12 reps
Reverse pec dec triple drop set 2 rounds 15-15-15
Db upright rows 4 x 12
Db preacher curls 4 x 12
Db incline curls 4 x 12

Day 3:

Close grip bench press 4 x 10
Overhead tricep ext 4 x 15
Leg ext 4 x 20 5 sec neg each rep
Leg press 4 x 12-15
Lying leg curls 4 x 20
Stiff leg deAds 4 x 12

Day 4: off

Day 5:

Rack deadlifts 7 x 8, 6, 5, 3,3,3,3
Standing calf raises 5 x 12-15
Seated calf machine 4 x 15 5 sec hold on Stretch
Hanging leg raises 4 x 20
Seated cambered shrugs 4 x 20 hold contraction 3 sec

Day 6:
Bench press 7 x 8,6,5,3,3,3,3
Incline bench press 4 x 6,6,12,20
Front plate raises 45 lb plate 50 reps
Reverse pushdowns 4 x 12
Underhand seated rows 2 warmups then one triple drop set of 12-12-12
Underhand pulldowns 4 x 12

Day 7: off

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I would continue what your coach is saying, but I always caution people with diet and sugar free drinks. Some people can handle them, but most people can't over time. They can impact insulin sensitivity/resistance. One good way to tell is check your glucose levels after drinking some. If you end up spiking after drinking 20 ounces of diet Mt. Dew then you should stop drinking them and just go back to water or black coffee. Also, just because you didn't spike the first time doesn't mean it won't start 3-6-9 months down the road.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
You’re definitely putting the work in man, and it is showing from what I’ve seen. I hope you’re able to let go of the diet dew, it will make a diff too. That one’s hard for me sometimes also. I love diet dew and the zero sugar dew. I’m pretty good about it lately. Rome wasn’t built in a day brother, you’re doing great. One day, one meal, one workout at a time. Keep grinding homie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-28-2022
Morning weight: 198.5 (high soda intake on the 27th)

Diet was almost perfect today, finally added last meal snack but ate 2 oatmeal raisin cookies.

Day 4: off
-----
7-29-2022
Morning weight 198.5 (very bloated, still too much soda, time to cut it back out)

Day 5: new exercises so no baseline on a few

Rack deadlifts 7 x 8, 6, 5, 3,3,3,3 (new exercise) '
-This Week: 135, 225 (WOW, didn't expect the jump to be so challenging), 255 (almost lost grip), 255 (wrist grip straps), 275, 275, 275 +these are FUN! -could have gone a little higher but 1st time wanted to be cautious

Standing calf raises 5 x 12-15
-This week: 160, 200, 240, 280x12 (couldn't get full range of motion after 12), 280x12 +this felt great

Seated calf machine 4 x 15 5 sec hold on Stretch (was 3 sec)
-Last Week: 45, 45, 45, 45
-This Week: 45, 45, 55x12, 45 +slight progress (more calf exercises per week now, so think positive)

Hanging leg raises 4 x 20
-This Week: 20, 20, 0, 0 -wiped my abs suck!

Seated cambered shrugs 4 x 20 hold contraction 3 sec (was told to just use DB, couldn't find a bar)
-This Week: 65, 65 (almost lost grip w/ strap!), 65, 65 +holy shit, sitting is harder compared to standing q

No cardio: Need to eat and work

I LIKE this day! I also believe I should be able to get in and out of the gym w/ this, not be in here for 2hrs and not even do cardio. Overall, good day.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I'm a bit wrecked this morning. The racked deadlifts and the seated shrugs have my back FIRED up this morning. I had poor time management set up for today because I made shit financially yesterday.

Today is slated for chest. I look forward to it, and it looks like it's gonna take me some time to get it done. I'm gonna have to wing it today with meals and time at the gym.

Finding the proper balance for gym life and other real life activities an be a real pain in the ass. Hoping to update log later with a gym entry, we'll see. So much to do, so little time.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Rack deads will hit you differently depending on where you have the pin at. I actually prefer to have the pins as low as possible. At my gym that means I only have about 3 inches of clearance from the floor to the bottom of the plates. This will keep the motion the same as a deadlift. As you raise the pins up your form will alter. A lot of times it will just be the last few inches of a straight leg deadlift motion, but you will be doing it with a lot more weight than you should be. Some guys will still have leg drive in there with high pins, but not often and even if you start that way you often don't finish that way.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Rack deads will hit you differently depending on where you have the pin at. I actually prefer to have the pins as low as possible. At my gym that means I only have about 3 inches of clearance from the floor to the bottom of the plates. This will keep the motion the same as a deadlift. As you raise the pins up your form will alter. A lot of times it will just be the last few inches of a straight leg deadlift motion, but you will be doing it with a lot more weight than you should be. Some guys will still have leg drive in there with high pins, but not often and even if you start that way you often don't finish that way.
Good to know. I can definitely feel it in different locations of my back and legs for sure. It's pretty high compared to the floor for sure. I obviously was able to go WAY heavier because a lot less strain on my lower back. The stiff leg deads were fucking brutal. If I don't feel it as effective, I may make it lower next week. Will keep you updated.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-30-2022
Morning weight: 201lbs. Scale is going in different direction. Could be that period where fat loss and muscle gain are changing. Could be the couple cookies i ate last night.

Diet will be jacked today because poor time management and need to prep a ton of food. Didn't make enough money yesterday so meals and gym will be spotty.

Made enough money, prepped all my food and SORE AS FUCK! Those shrugs tore me up. Gym tomorrow on rest day.

Lastly, started Chantix today. Let's add a 19th attempt at quitting smoking to this fucking log. We'll see, i think I'm ready.

Here's how it went
Meal 1: cup of instant oatmeal
Meal 2: awesome high protein bar that's more like a snickers "cake" thing, definitely not healthy but wanted to add carbs/fats
20220730_120627.jpg

20220730_120259.jpg

Meal 3: 4 hardboiled eggs
Meal 4: about 10 oz grilled chicken breast 2oz of block cheese

Tomorrow doing day 6 of routine, got pool time in with dad. Never forget what's important in the grand scheme of things.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I make my own protein bars: 2 cups of oats, 2 cups of whey protein, 16 ounces of natural peanut butter and 10 ounces of local honey. I shake up the oats and protein until they are evenly mixed. Then I mix up the peanut butter to get the oil and peanut butter nice and consistent. You really don't have to, but it makes mixing it in with the other ingredients easier. Then I pour it in the bowl with the oats and protein. I heat up the honey for 20-30 seconds then pour it in the bowl. I use a butter knife to mix it up then throw on some nitride gloves and knead it by hand. I line a 9x9 baking dish with freezer paper and press the mixture in evenly and let it chill in the freezer for about an hour. After an hour I pull it out and cut it into squares. I cut mine into 16 squares and they come out to 316 calories/15 g fat/32 g carb/18 g pro with the ingredients I use. You can add an extra scoop of protein and a couple ounces of honey if you want. The only problem with these bars is they will turn mushy if they are out in the heat. Room temperature is fine, but if it is 80 degrees or more you may need a spoon to eat it.

I am also a rep for Redcon1, so I eat their MRE bars when I am on the road, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc... If you want my discount code, just shoot me a message. Big sale on protein this weekend.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I make my own protein bars: 2 cups of oats, 2 cups of whey protein, 16 ounces of natural peanut butter and 10 ounces of local honey. I shake up the oats and protein until they are evenly mixed. Then I mix up the peanut butter to get the oil and peanut butter nice and consistent. You really don't have to, but it makes mixing it in with the other ingredients easier. Then I pour it in the bowl with the oats and protein. I heat up the honey for 20-30 seconds then pour it in the bowl. I use a butter knife to mix it up then throw on some nitride gloves and knead it by hand. I line a 9x9 baking dish with freezer paper and press the mixture in evenly and let it chill in the freezer for about an hour. After an hour I pull it out and cut it into squares. I cut mine into 16 squares and they come out to 316 calories/15 g fat/32 g carb/18 g pro with the ingredients I use. You can add an extra scoop of protein and a couple ounces of honey if you want. The only problem with these bars is they will turn mushy if they are out in the heat. Room temperature is fine, but if it is 80 degrees or more you may need a spoon to eat it.

I am also a rep for Redcon1, so I eat their MRE bars when I am on the road, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc... If you want my discount code, just shoot me a message. Big sale on protein this weekend.
Nice. The whole thing. This weekend as in ends today or weekend coming up?

And I'm just finding out you're a rep NOW?!

You've been holding put ya big lug! Lol

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
-----
7-31-2022
Morning Weight: 196.5lb down again. (Less soda)
-
Day 1 Quit Smoking Challenge: no weird dreams or side effects, smoked a little less than normal
-
Diet is fully prepped should be on point all day
-
Routine Day 6:
Bench press 7 x 8,6,5,3,3,3,3
-This Week: 135, 185, 185, 225x1, 205x3 (lift & spot), 225(l&s), 225(l&s) +not bad, if I want to go heavy it seems a l&s are needed until I get stronger.

Incline bench press 4 x 6,6,12,20 (was 5 x 8 3 seconds neg)
-LastWeek: 95, 135, 135. 135x7 (need spotter), 135x4
-This Week: 135, 155 (spot on last rep), 95, 85 -humbling realization how weak I am at inclines. 20 reps are fucking brutal

Front plate raises 45 lb plate 50 reps
-This Week: 12, 11 (fucking HEAVY, started to really swing), 11 (only 16 more.. FUCK, there's 16 MORE!?!?), 6=40 -fucking spent

Reverse pushdowns 4 x 12
-This Week: 30, 40, 50, 60

Underhand seated rows 2 warmups then one triple drop set of 12-12-12
-This Week: warmup 120x8, 120x8. Drop set: 160,100,55 (almost puked! WOW!!)

Underhand pulldowns 4 x 12 (can't believe I've NEVER done these before, wtf)
-This Week: 55, 70, 100, 120x9 +total failure

No Cardio.
----
What a fucking workout. I like that this is at the end of week and on the weekend, help keep me from skipping weekend workouts.

I microwaved my rice at the gym, added my steak and hot sauce immediately after my workout. I'm amazed at how I'm craving and devouring this food. It's surprisingly intense.

I'm showing some vascularity in hands, forearms and some of my shoulders just from losing some fat. I like what I see so far, I can't WAIT for the next few weeks

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice work brother!

Yeah, I don't usually throw out that I rep often. Some board owners get upset. I received an offer to jump to Mutant on Friday, but I am pretty well established at Redcon1 and Mutant will not let me do both.

Here is my Redcon1 plug. If you pick up one of their sweeter protein powders (Blueberry Cobbler, Dutch Apple Pie, Banana Nut Bread, Strawberry Cheesecake, etc...) take (2) of the small containers of light Greek vanilla yogurt from either Great Value or Dannon (the ones that come in the 4 pack) and mix them in a bowl with one scoop of protein. It will mix to the consistency of pudding and depending on if you used Great Value or Dannon and MRE Lite or Isotope it will come out to 270-290 calories and 49-51 grams of protein. It is f**king delicious. If I need to add some calories, I add 1/4 cup of Omega trail mix or protein granola. Adds another 140 -150 calories and 4-5 grams of protein.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic