Kiddorism
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Incline dumbbell fly (4) warm up sets
Banded bench press (3) feeder sets, 275 lbs + 60-120 lbs band x 14/5/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. This is done a little bit from February, but I was also 18 lbs heavier, so I am not complaining.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 90 seconds
Pull ups (4) feeder sets, BW + 50 lbs x 12/BW + 25 lbs x 8/BW x 5/ BW - band x 8 (Drop set. This surprised me. I can usually pull really well for the first set, but it takes everything out of me. Today I maintained muscle endurance throughout the entire drop set.)
Dumbbell high pulls (4) warm up sets
Military press (3) feeder sets, 265 lbs x 10/225 x 10 (Back off set.)
Lever rows (3) feeder sets, 135 lbs x 20/90 lbs x 20 (Back off set. I did these with the belt squat lever. They hit the back so much better than dumbbell rows. You cannot cheat them like the dumbbell row and can pull at different angles.)
Hanging pull up stretch 90 seconds
Hands behind the back shoulder stretch 60 seconds

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
That’s absolutely something I need and have needed in my life for a long time. You have any good links for that? That’s unreal. My flexibility is trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same.. zero flexibility and get pins and needles just from sitting on the floor w/ my legs stretched out. No bueno

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Strong ass day man. I love how much you incorporate bands. Especially on top of already heavy sets. Always enjoy seeing your workouts.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Strong ass day man. I love how much you incorporate bands. Especially on top of already heavy sets. Always enjoy seeing your workouts.

Thanks brother. I will rarely do a bench press without bands. I actually feel the use of bands makes the lift safer. The pectoral muscle is the most vulnerable at the bottom of the press and I would prefer the resistance to be the lightest at that point and gradually increase.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Today was rough. I have not been sleeping well lately due to my hunting buddy, fishing buddy, workout partner, best bro and most of all, son leaving for recruiting training this weekend. I know he will do well, but I am still nervous as hell for him. He is ready to go.

Hack squat (5) warm up sets (Top warm up was 7 pps x 10. I wanted to do more, but my left knee has been bothering me lately and I didn't want to push it.)
Leg extensions (2) feeder sets, 250 lbs x 17/7/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. These were done with a 4 count negative.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds (Felt like my quad was going to rip apart. Good stuff.)
Back/hamstring extensions (2) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 12/100 lbs x 5/50 lbs x 4/BW x 4 (Drop set. These were done with a dumbbell. It sucks having to carry the 150 lbs dumbbell back across the gym when you are done. It is about 30 yards.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
V-grip cable extensions (4) warm up sets (Top set was 95 lbs x 20. The stack only goes to 95 lbs.)
Smith machine overhead extensions (2) feeder sets, 185 lbs x 12/5/2 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Adductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 12 + 3 forced reps (These felt really good and when I got up, I almost fell down, so I must have done something right.)
Abductor (2) feeder sets, 5 plates x 19 + 1 force rep
Rope cable curls (4) warm up sets (Top set was 70 lbs x 18, which kind of burnt me out.)
Hanging preacher curls (2) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 8/80 lbs x 8 (Back off set. Those rope curls did me in.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Seated calf raises (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 20
Calf stretch 60 seconds

Felt like death going in and felt like death coming out.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Today was rough. I have not been sleeping well lately due to my hunting buddy, fishing buddy, workout partner, best bro and most of all, son leaving for recruiting training this weekend. I know he will do well, but I am still nervous as hell for him. He is ready to go.

Sorry man, I didn't see anything but this. Our boys will move on. You will be ok. If there's ANY issues, you'll be the best dad you can be. That's all there is to it.

Nothing but love. Now get yo ass back in the right frame of mind!! Just kidding. Wish your son the absolute VERY best.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Sorry man, I didn't see anything but this. Our boys will move on. You will be ok. If there's ANY issues, you'll be the best dad you can be. That's all there is to it.

Nothing but love. Now get yo ass back in the right frame of mind!! Just kidding. Wish your son the absolute VERY best.
Thanks brother. I am just used to me being the one who goes away. Haha. My wife makes it worse, as she is the one who is freaking out. I keep reminding her that he is going to one of the safest places in the world. It is hard, but far less dangerous than anything else he could be doing. Really the only two places that are even remotely dangerous, the pool and rappel tower. The pool, because there are probably 25 recruits in the pool thrashing around at any given time and some of them really cannot swim for shit, but I took my son to the pool every week for the last three months to get him comfortable. He outswims me now. The rappel tower is only dangerous if you don't tie your seat correctly or the drill instructor/HRST Master doesn't lock you in correctly. You can completely fall off the tower if you are locked in and your belay person will catch you.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

Hack squat (5) warm up sets (Top warm up was 7 pps x 10. I wanted to do more, but my left knee has been bothering me lately and I didn't want to push it.)
Leg extensions (2) feeder sets, 250 lbs x 17/7/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. These were done with a 4 count negative.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds (Felt like my quad was going to rip apart. Good stuff.)
Back/hamstring extensions (2) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 12/100 lbs x 5/50 lbs x 4/BW x 4 (Drop set. These were done with a dumbbell. It sucks having to carry the 150 lbs dumbbell back across the gym when you are done. It is about 30 yards.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
V-grip cable extensions (4) warm up sets (Top set was 95 lbs x 20. The stack only goes to 95 lbs.)
Smith machine overhead extensions (2) feeder sets, 185 lbs x 12/5/2 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Adductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 12 + 3 forced reps (These felt really good and when I got up, I almost fell down, so I must have done something right.)
Abductor (2) feeder sets, 5 plates x 19 + 1 force rep
Rope cable curls (4) warm up sets (Top set was 70 lbs x 18, which kind of burnt me out.)
Hanging preacher curls (2) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 8/80 lbs x 8 (Back off set. Those rope curls did me in.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Seated calf raises (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 20
Calf stretch 60 seconds

Hell of a workout man. The hack machine I use feels so freaking heavy to any I’ve used before. That’s tough that your son is in route to training, I know you all will miss the hell out of him. I know you’re proud though. He will do great. He’s had you to lead the way. I hope the time passes fast. What MOS is he doing?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hell of a workout man. The hack machine I use feels so freaking heavy to any I’ve used before. That’s tough that your son is in route to training, I know you all will miss the hell out of him. I know you’re proud though. He will do great. He’s had you to lead the way. I hope the time passes fast. What MOS is he doing?

Thanks brother. He is more prepared than I ever was and will do well. He wanted infantry, but it was closed. It is actually the fastest filling MOS in the Marine Corps. He chose combat support, so there are a number of things he could end up with. He won't know until he goes to combat training. His goal is to try out for MARSOC at the first opportunity.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks brother. He is more prepared than I ever was and will do well. He wanted infantry, but it was closed. It is actually the fastest filling MOS in the Marine Corps. He chose combat support, so there are a number of things he could end up with. He won't know until he goes to combat training. His goal is to try out for MARSOC at the first opportunity.

Hell yeah man. I hope he gets into MARSOC. I did some work with those guys, solid as it gets. Count on them for anything. Work hard play hard, you already know lol. I hope he gets something good for now and can get Into some schools early on.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Had a refeed on Saturday, ate 7,000 calories. Holding a lot of water, but muscles were full and strong today and it showed in the gym.

Cable crossovers (4) warm up sets
Incline smith machine press (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 12/4/3 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Plate pinch press, (3) 10 lbs plates x 20/20 (I need inner pec development.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds (I went with 80 lbs dumbbells, which was straight torture.)
Lat pull downs with neutral grip (4) feeder sets, 260 lbs x 14/220 lbs x 7/180 lbs x 7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. This really surprised me. I don't think I have pulled 260 lbs for that many reps before, even when I was 255+ lbs.)
Hammer strength iso lateral shoulder press (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 7/3 pps x 8/2 pps x8/1 pps x 12 (Drop set. I should have gotten more at 4 pps, but I did a little too much on my feeder sets.)
Bent over dumbbell rows (3) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 20 (Strict)/150 lbs x 12 (Cheater) (The strict were done with both feet parallel, so there was no core twist. The cheaters were done with the row side foot slightly back to get some core twist momentum. I wish we had bigger dumbbells.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Dusty Hanshaw superset side lateral raises 25 lbs/50 lbs x 22/20
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 30 seconds

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic